Opinions on the MFF Zoe

Mar 27, 2009
I might get one of these when I am in NJ at the Jackson outlet in the next couple of days... Anyone seen these yet? Any pics, perhaps? How different are they from the boutique version? Thanks!

They are definitely not as nice as the FP ones, especially the chocolate leather ones. I was carrying my FP chocolate Zoe when I was at the outlet and the MFF color was not nearly as nice as mine. The siggy ones weren't bad though. Am thinking of a black siggy one if I can get a good deal on one.

I have the canary one and I love it. I do think the leather is not as thick, but it is still a nice bag. I could never get to the outlet when they had the FP Zoes so my dh picked this one up for me.
Now they have a different version with the longer strap and I do think those are totally different. I like the side buckles mine (and FP) has.

Oh, and do a search there were lots of threads on the Zoes. I think the Zoe club thread has comparison pics.

I just bought a white with tan trim large MFF zoe (silver hardware). It's really nice and cost $155 & they're at the outlets right now along with yellow ones. I compared it to my boutique orchid large zoe and I think the leather is the same thickness on both. Both of them have very nice leather that's on the thick side and the creeds on both read "Full grain leather".
The white MFF one has better lining, it's made from very soft, tougher woven canvas type of cloth that won't snag. The orchid boutique zoe has silky thinner lining that may snag easier (although it hasn't snagged yet). The white MFF zoe is missing it's D ring inside where you hang keys on. Bummer! Coach, if you're reading this, please stop doing that. My orchid zoe does have the D ring. Otherwise, I cannot tell any other differences between the two. I thought my white MFF Zoe was taller than my Orchid Zoe even though they're both large but then I realized my Orchid Zoe has relaxed a bit from use.
I only like zoes with buckles running down either side. I don't like the new convertible zoes that look so plain to me.

Honestly I have two zoe's. A FP one that I got at the outlet and a MFF one as well. I was not able to discern any difference in the quality of the leather from either one. Both have thick rich leather and are still holding up great in terms of durability. Several of us on the board have FP and MFF and are happy with both. Sometimes I feel MFF gets a bad rap. You can still get a great quality MFF bag. Then again this is all subjective.

You're welcome. My outlet seemed to have enough of both white and yellow Zoes so there should be one waiting for you when you go. They have them in medium & large. I love my large white Zoe very much! The tan trim against the white is such a neat, crisp, clean look.

Last edited:
Worth pointing out that there are two types of MFF Zoes...there's the one done in the same style and leather as the FP Zoes and then there is the new "convertible" style Zoe (only MFF). I have a couple of large FP Zoes that I love, but also purchased the more recent convertible Zoe in medium (love the blue). I like that the new medium worked great for me (even when using the shorter strap) due to the way the strap is attached. It's true that the conv. Zoe lacks the extra side hardware and thick leather, but it also weighs A LOT less (not a bad trade-off).

Last edited: