Opinions on the black patent large ergo?

bagsessed

O.G.
Mar 13, 2006
Hi,

I've never been an ergo fan but lately i've been awestruck by the shininess of the black patent large ergo. I like big bags, my medium carly is starting to feel small but my ali's are just right. I was wondering how well this bag stays on the shoulder and what is a good price for one. Also, will patent still be in style a couple of years from now?

Patent is one of those timeless finishes. I think you will always see it somewhere. Also, if YOU like it that is all that matters!

I have this bag, got it last year when it first came out. Stalked it for weeks at the boutique and Nordstrom's and I finally got it for my birthday from my Mom (I am sure she was sick of me longing for it!).

It's very easy to wear and I have no problems with it falling off my shoulder. It is one of TWO bags, my LV SA has commented on. It's rich looking, and understated all at the same time. It's not in your face. The texture of the patent just invites you to touch it. It also holds a ton! I had all the usual stuff in it today with a bottle of water.

I used mine in fact today, I had to go to a memorial service for my Great Uncle and needed something not flashy but still nice (coordinated nicely with the black patent shoes I was wearing).

I really don't think you can go wrong with it. As for price, I am not sure...I don't buy off eBay as a rule, as I like my SAs and the experience I get there.

Patent leather is always in style. It's just that some years it's more prominent that others. This year, patent leather is a big hit for Spring. I own the larger sized Ergo hobo in both the brown and black patent leather colors. The bags are one of my all-time favorite Coach bags. The bag does stay on my shoulder and I love that it looks very streamlined when worn. I was able to purchase the black patent leather hobo at a Coach outlet for approx. $255, plus local sales tax, a few months ago.

Patent is huge right now. I always like it, but for me, I prefer something less shiny. I like the legacy leather best. I think it's the most timeless. I agree, if it's what you love and wear then for you, it can be timeless. I am a stay at home mom, so I rarely dress up.

I wanted that bag but could never get a good deal and I won't pay retail. My DS said it looks cheap and he didn't like the looks of patent but I thought it was pretty. Maybe it's a woman thing. I hope you get one!

I own this bag and it's definitely one of my favorites. Black patent is like a string of pearls-it's always right and it's a classic that will never be considered too trendy. I LOVE the design of the Ergo hobo and I find it sits beautifully on my shoulder. I bought mine last year with the Coach gift certificates I got for Mothers Day.

Don't tell the rest of my collection, but this is probably my favorite bag. Even fully loaded (as in wallet, wristlet, umbrella, pencil case, keys, phone, lotion, and misc little stuff) it stays on my shoulder well and isn't too heavy. Retail was what...$458? I was lucky enough to snag mine from Dillards last year during one of the extra 30% off sales....think I paid about $250 or so for it.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this bag!! I have it in black, but I would have preferred the mahogany (dark brown) which looks like black!! I get so many compliments... my bff has the red patent leather and does that look stunning! It is the best design ever... holds everything, it is so lightweight, plus you can find your items! I got mine on ebay and it was perfect! :tup::tup:

I have the Black Patent Hobo and it is my favorite bag! I also have the large in Red, and the pond in medium. The hobos stay put on your shoulder. I have no slippage even though it is patent. They hold a ton and still look good. Ergo is my favorite style... it's so easy to wear!

I got my Black one from Dillard's for $228ish and my Red one from an outlet for $250ish

I have the patent large ergo hobo and tragedy just struck mine. I noticed on the "piping," every where it creases, the patent has cracked open. I literally sat down and cried when I saw that.

Peacocky, Oh my god. I have been considering getting the brown patent ergo hobo and now you freaked me out!!! Has this happened to anyone else that you know of or do you think maybe just your bag was defective. I feel so bad for you. I hope you can get it replaced/fixed.

I love that bag, but it is huge! I guess once it slouches maybe it doesn't look so big? :shrugs: Also like someone on here said my dh said it looked cheap.. men :rolleyes: I do think for the price it's nice to get a full leather.. but I do love this bag and think it looks hot.. just the size is what would throw me off.. it's a lot different than an Ali IMO. :yes:

I have not had any problem with my Ergo Patent Mahogany Bag.
I load it up and it slouches beautifully. I also think that this bag
can be dressed up or down very easily. It is a perfect rainy day bag.
I have not had any problem with the piping cracking at all.