Opinions needed on Kelly in Chèvre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purrsey

Jan 25, 2015
Hello all.

I've never been lucky to have spotted in real life a chèvre Kelly or Birkin. Have only seen chèvre SLGs and also inside of my Togo B25 :P

I'm eyeing on a K28 Retourne in Orange. In Chèvre. How does this color look on such leather say compared to Togo? My B25 is in Togo Orange.

I've read some up on chèvre and derived mainly the pros. If anyone has this combination, how is it holding up through the years? Thanks for sharing.

Chèvre is one of best leathers from Hermes. It takes color very well. It depends which chèvre this one is. Some chèvre is softer than others. There are many orange chèvre SLGs so it maybe helpful to check them out and see how they do over years. I loooove my chèvre Kelly bags. But they are Sellier and are in darker colors like Rouge H. Good luck !

I think Chèvre takes colors so well. I love the sheen when it is in sun light. It looks delicate but it holds up well through years. Mine is Cognac Kelly :smile:

I dont have any K in a color chevre, but I have a black CDC Kelly which really shines in the light. I really like the special sheen that only chevre has! I do also think the chevre used nowadays takes color very well and makes it super vibrant, brighter hue than say, togo. Good luck deciding!

Heya Purrsey. Love Chevre, it is a lightweight, durable leather. Albeit some people might not like the spine that is sometime visible in the middle of the bag.
But I'm not sure I will get a Chèvre K in Orange if I already have a B in Orange even if it's in a different leather to be honest. There will be a slight variation in colour since it's in different leather, same as it would be in Togo and Epsom for example. That would be a personal choice at the end of the day.

Thanks Taro. Seems like chèvre is good at catching light.

Cr1stalangel yes that's a valid point therefore my intention is letting go of my orange B for this k28. Then after that I'm eyeing on another color B25/30. Heh.

Hello all.

I've never been lucky to have spotted in real life a chèvre Kelly or Birkin. Have only seen chèvre SLGs and also inside of my Togo B25 :P

I'm eyeing on a K28 Retourne in Orange. In Chèvre. How does this color look on such leather say compared to Togo? My B25 is in Togo Orange.

I've read some up on chèvre and derived mainly the pros. If anyone has this combination, how is it holding up through the years? Thanks for sharing.

There are several threads on chevre bags and how it wears; please consider reviewing this one and contributing to it if your questions are unanswered. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.