Opinions needed: Blue Abysse in Clemence?

Anabeni

O.G.
Jun 24, 2007
I am currently in Biarritz, and today I was offered a 35cm Bleu Abysse PHW. (Lucky!) My question is this: I had always thought that I preferred light, sturdy bags (Epsom, Box, etc). And also thought I "should" get a black bag first, since it's more practical. But when that shrink wrap came off, my heart started beating faster. I have a day to think it over...

Will I learn to love a floppy Clemence? Does anyone have Bleu Abysse? Any thoughts to help me make this decision?

TIA!

While I don't have a bleu abysse - it's a gorgeous bag and you are very lucky to have a chance to make it yours. Black was my first H bag and so I appreciate your initial line of thought. However, you'd be surprised at the versatility of this colour - the way it can work as a neutral. As for clemence, its a beautiful, relatively hardwearing leather when compared to box which is often the first choice for a go to bag.

I say get it! Get her she made your heart sing - you said it all.

Black was one of the later bags that I bought. I am a fan of anything that is NOT black, but a black substitute, so bleu abysse falls into the category. As for hoping that you will love a floppy birkin, I would suggest that you wait for the right bag that is not floppy. If you do not like floppy now, you will not like floppy later. Once the bag falls, it's will never stand on it's own again. Pass on this one...wait for the perfect bag.

If you love the color couldn't you just purchase a purse insert to help the bag stand up? I've only had my clemence for about a month now and so far so good. I love the textured leather and the feel of it. Hopefully my bag won't fall too much. Perhaps someone here who has clemence and uses a purse insert can tell us if the purse insert corrects the floppiness of the bag.

I have this exact bag and I love it. It's not that floppy, and it turns different color in different lighting. Very unique color. i think the color as black with a twist :tup::tup:

I agree with Hmonkey, if you don't like floppy tote bags now, you won't like them later. None of the bag inserts (Chameleon or Pursket) I've used seem sturdy enough to hold up the sides of a Birkin in a heavy leather like Clemence. I'd hold out for Bleu Abyss in Box.

I am currently in Biarritz, and today I was offered a 35cm Bleu Abysse PHW. (Lucky!) My question is this: I had always thought that I preferred light, sturdy bags (Epsom, Box, etc). And also thought I "should" get a black bag first, since it's more practical. But when that shrink wrap came off, my heart started beating faster. I have a day to think it over...

Will I learn to love a floppy Clemence? Does anyone have Bleu Abysse? Any thoughts to help me make this decision?

TIA!

I fell in love with Bleu Abysse when I saw this color for the first time! It's a beautiful color and for me it's a black alternative.

Since you've seen the Birkin 35, do you like the feel of leather? Any leather will soften after time. But I've seen some Clemence bags still hold up its shape even after years of use. So, it really depends on how you use the bag.

Epsom and Box are sturdy leather but they have different characteristics from Clemence.

If I were you, I would follow my heart. If the bag makes your heart sing, then you need not think twice :smile:.

I think Bleu Abysse is quite BLUE actually. Somewhat on the darker side but nothing like Indigo. I just got myself a Lindy in this color with GHW and I LOVE IT!

But I wouldn't take it in a birkin bc.. Clemence is just too heavy for me! If you are feeling iffy about it, I'd say wait..the one you want will arrive sooner than you think! :winkiss:

Thank you so much for your opinions. I am very swayed by the fact that currently, this delicious color only comes in this (floppy) leather. Although the weight doesn't bother me, the "puddle" might. BUT, there's no guarantee that it will ever get really floppy. Some do, some don't. Arghh...:shrugs:

Has anyone initially doubted Clemence, but in the end, was happy with the decision?

I don't have Clemence, Anabeni, but I do have Swift. I really only like stiff leathers, but I wouldn't give up my Rose Dragee Swift Birkin, because I love the color so much!!!

My bag is only a 30, so that makes it less floopy, but Swift is a soft leather & I would've never thought that I would want it, but I am very happy with my decision to get it.

HTH. :smile:

Oh, and I'm not the type of person who could ever just look at a bag & instantly know----even if I love it, I always have to mull over every decision. I always have some hesitation, no matter what the decision.