Opinions about the aqua Mabel

kerilynn3

Jan 31, 2008
I have some credit vouchers and really want a summer bag that I wont be frightened to wear if it happens to sprinkle (which is every day lately!). I have a Chloe, but I paid so much she is just sitting in her bag with me frightened to wear her if there is even a sniff of rain.

I need something practical, like the rose Mabel, but since there are not too many around I don't expect I will get one. The oulets have told me they have gotten the odd one or two, but not many!

My other option is the aqua, which is lovely :love:. Is it practical for slinging over my shouldler if the skies open up??

I have no idea how practical the aqua Mabel is, but it's absolutely dreamy :girlsigh: It's back on the website now, btw ;)

I guess it's very similar to the midnight Mabel you sold - same size, shape, antiqued leather. How do you think that would have held up to the rain? Part of me thinks it's supposed to look a bit battered and will get better with age. I would be concerned about watermarks on that colour, though.

I really love the colour so much - although have yet to see it IRL. That said, I'm not convinced the regular size Mabel is right for *me* so I'm hoping that Mulberry bring out more bags in this beautiful colour :heart:

One of the ladies here has bought one so hopefully she'll be able to give an answer from experience.

Kerilynn - I think it will depend on how 'precious' you are with your bags. I love mine but I'm quite casual. I do spray them, treat them with nourisher & don't like them to get marked but I don't baby them. They get piled under my sons' gear in the car, they end up sitting on the floor at meetings etc so they have to stand up to wear & tear.
I reckon the aqua Mabel would be a good everyday bag as long as you can cope with it marking. The antiqued leather will get a 'creased' look which you have to know you could live with. It's just like the midnight but may show more on the aqua. Fabulous colour though.

Kerilynn - I have the aqua mabel and I bought it as an everyday bag :yes: . Must admit though tend not to take it out if it is chucking it down as I have only had it a month or so lol. It is practical and a good size. The colour is gorgeous (some pics on the catwalk thread) and I have had soooo many comments from folks at work etc about it. It is a statement piece and goes with most colours etc. Up close the colour is amazing. :drool:

^^^ Its the same leather as my midnight - not good for an everyday bag unless you like the " battered bag " look - still a fab bag tho !!

Its a gorgeous colour, but Im not sure about the scratches - do you think they would be more noticeable because the bag is lighter coloured than the purple? I guess it depends how much you are bothered by signs of use.