Opinions about Dior jewelery?

Dior costume jewelry has taken a huge turn since Camille Miceli became the creative director (from Louis Vuitton). Her vision is iconic jewelry that can make the most conservative turtleneck or jacket look ultra-chic. Her most iconic jewelry at Dior is the MIse En Dior.

Ths is Camille Miceli with her Mise en Dior necklace:
attachment.php

This is the Mise en Dior, interpreted by German artist Anselm Reyle
attachment.php

This is jewelry from Spring 2011:
attachment.php

I especially love her interpretation of the Dior oval, which is found on the closures of her jewelry.

Since she became the costume jewelry designer, the prices of Dior jewelry almost doubled! But the craftsmanship looks comparable to that of fine jewelry!

Attachments

• Dior Anselm Reyle 12.jpg
    Dior Anselm Reyle 12.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 836
  • Fashion-Spotlight-Dior-s-Ultrachic-Costume-Pieces_articleimage.jpg
    Fashion-Spotlight-Dior-s-Ultrachic-Costume-Pieces_articleimage.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,041
  • Dior Spring 2011 jewelry.jpg
    Dior Spring 2011 jewelry.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 1,326
I think design-wise there is little doubt that there are some beautiful creations under Camille Miceli's direction.

However, as is the case whenever pieces get more intricate and large, more care needs to be taken when wearing some of the jewels as they can be quite fragile.

I haven't got any photos on hand of the jewellery I've purchased over the years from Dior, but I have to say that I've caused some distress to my Dior Trotter pink #2 necklace because I assumed it was so short (the pendant fell on my collarbone area compared to other necklaces I own), the back of it started deteriorating, with little pit like holes with rust that I couldn't get removed. Otherwise, I really like the versatility of their costume jewellery. I'll see if I can find the photo I saved, but I bought the last lock and key bracelet from Milan in June 2004 (I had gone to all 8 Dior boutiques in Hong Kong and this wasn't available at the time, as far as the SAs were aware, this was never introduced!) and I'm still wearing it now. Had it taken off for a short while where it oxidised, but with a quick clean using a silver cleaning cloth and it's back to the way it looked when I first wore it. I've also got a small Gothic cross necklace, a Western style suede buckle cuff and pale peach beaded hoop earrings that I really love, they were all bought years ago and they're still like brand new, as long as you take good care of them!

I can't find a photo of it online, but it was from the same collection as this bracelet, same lock and key, but it's more like a silver bangle/bracelet with the key and lock on either side of the opening that I have:

http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/@0_mall/brandneo/cabinet/dior/keylockb6b.jpg

i own several pieces of costume jewelry and i love them! all the my pieces, no matter how discreet or flamboyant, always attract the attention of others. definitely worth every penny!

i own several pieces of costume jewelry and i love them! all the my pieces, no matter how discreet or flamboyant, always attract the attention of others. definitely worth every penny!

I especially love the large cuff bracelet from your collection with the big oval and the three interlaced chains. It's really stunning!