Opinion Engagement Ring

IMHO, I think it is also important for you to think about center stone size. What size center stone were you looking to obtain? The first one can lend itself easier to a 1/2- 1 carat, because rounds show larger than emerald cuts. So, if you want a bigger presence for a smaller center stone, then go for #1. If you are going for larger than 1 carat, then either stone would be lovely. Congrats on your engagement, btw.:yahoo:

We are trying to decide between a 1.5 or 2 carat depending on which shape. Since the round shape is more expensive, we can only go to a 1.5 but with the emerald, we may be able to go with the 2. In any case, I appreciate you guys for your advice. This has been great help for me. :biggrin:

I know for a fact that Cartier has discounted. My fiance's parents are very good Cartier customers and he has told me that they've gotten a discount. I don't know the specifics, but I know that there is room to wiggle on certain pieces (I'm sure not on love bracelets since they're in high demand). They usually buy watches/evening jewelry... So maybe on a higher carat cocktail-ish ring, they will negotiate?