Ophidia GG small or Padlock GG small?

Elena S

Oct 4, 2018
I tried Ophidia in store and really liked it (especially that it can also be worn crossbody), but was a bit unsure about a bit too tight opening. But then I found Padlock online. Does anyone own it? I found nothing here and only one video on Youtube... Both bags look stunning to me and I really like it that they both can be dressed up or down.

ophidia.jpg
padlock.jpg

Reactions: tenyongie
I tried Ophidia in store and really liked it (especially that it can also be worn crossbody), but was a bit unsure about a bit too tight opening. But then I found Padlock online. Does anyone own it? I found nothing here and only one video on Youtube... Both bags look stunning to me and I really like it that they both can be dressed up or down.

View attachment 4296158
View attachment 4296157
I would personally go with the padlock. It's a much roomier, functional bag. I also think it looks cleaner with the black and canvas layout.

Reactions: Elena S
Aesthetics wise i love the Ophidia, it's such a classic Gucci design! And i love that it is crossbody too :smile:

Functionality wise, the padlock looks like it holds a bigger capacity...but im not too fond of the design because it just doesnt scream Gucci to me.

So if this is just for an everyday/leisure bag that you'd like to carry out here and there and you dont mind the capacity, then i'd say Ophidia hands down :smile:

Functionality wise, the padlock looks like it holds a bigger capacity...
They are actually not that different in size. From Gucci website:

Ophidia: W26cm x H17.5cm x D8cm
Padlock: W26cm x H18cm x D10cm

But Padlock is of course roomier due to the fact that it's wider.

P.S. Now I actually understand, why I couldn't find much info on padlock: it's only available for preorder with delivery times in January - February :biggrin:

Last edited:
Reactions: tenyongie
The Ophidia is beautiful and in my opinion...the issue I have with that Ophidia is the magnetic closure. Its a really powerful magnet Gucci is using there in my opinion. When I opened it and closed it, it closes really fast and with a bit of force...too much for my liking. It won't come open by accident for sure, but I think Gucci could have gone with a slightly lower strength or possible a different method to close it. Anyway, as far as the padlock....looks beautiful. I have not handled that particular bag you refer to, but I did try out the bees version which looks pretty similar in size etc. I ended up getting the smaller bee/star small padlock and really love it, but it is not a tote and its a smaller bag. I will say I like the padlock closure Gucci did so its similar on the tote. If it were me I would choose the tote over the Ophidia, but it is not me and you should of course go with what you love :smile: