Ophidia GG small or Padlock GG small?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I tried Ophidia in store and really liked it (especially that it can also be worn crossbody), but was a bit unsure about a bit too tight opening. But then I found Padlock online. Does anyone own it? I found nothing here and only one video on Youtube... Both bags look stunning to me and I really like it that they both can be dressed up or down.

ophidia.jpg
    padlock.jpg

tenyongie likes this.
  2. I do not own one but they are both beauties..., tough choice. Good luck.

3. I would personally go with the padlock. It's a much roomier, functional bag. I also think it looks cleaner with the black and canvas layout.

Elena S likes this.
  4. Aesthetics wise i love the Ophidia, it's such a classic Gucci design! And i love that it is crossbody too :smile:

Functionality wise, the padlock looks like it holds a bigger capacity...but im not too fond of the design because it just doesnt scream Gucci to me.

So if this is just for an everyday/leisure bag that you'd like to carry out here and there and you dont mind the capacity, then i'd say Ophidia hands down :smile:

Elena S likes this.
  5. #5 Jan 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    They are actually not that different in size. From Gucci website:

Ophidia: W26cm x H17.5cm x D8cm
    Padlock: W26cm x H18cm x D10cm

But Padlock is of course roomier due to the fact that it's wider.

P.S. Now I actually understand, why I couldn't find much info on padlock: it's only available for preorder with delivery times in January - February :biggrin:

tenyongie likes this.
  6. The Ophidia is beautiful and in my opinion...the issue I have with that Ophidia is the magnetic closure. Its a really powerful magnet Gucci is using there in my opinion. When I opened it and closed it, it closes really fast and with a bit of force...too much for my liking. It won't come open by accident for sure, but I think Gucci could have gone with a slightly lower strength or possible a different method to close it. Anyway, as far as the padlock....looks beautiful. I have not handled that particular bag you refer to, but I did try out the bees version which looks pretty similar in size etc. I ended up getting the smaller bee/star small padlock and really love it, but it is not a tote and its a smaller bag. I will say I like the padlock closure Gucci did so its similar on the tote. If it were me I would choose the tote over the Ophidia, but it is not me and you should of course go with what you love :smile:

Elena S likes this.