Oops, I did it again!

Ratnapur

Gem rescuer!
Jan 9, 2011
...and I'm not even Britney Spears!

Some of you may remember the Nicky Butler necklace I bought 2 weeks ago or so, that broke on New Year's Eve (the 1st time I wore it). Well, last Sunday, I re-strung it on sterling-plated copper jewelry wire, and it turned out nicely.

Now that I know I can competently repair the beaded strand, I just couldn't help myself today. I managed to get the price down a lot, plus I had eBay bucks...so...:graucho:

$(KGrHqV,!isE4rSP(p4NBOSw+,pCUg~~48_12.JPG

I love the filigree frame around the center green chalcedony stone. I've been looking at this for 2 weeks now. I love the way his necklaces are exceptionally comfy to wear, despite the big size.

Very pretty! I have always like things like that, but would have no place to wear them.

I have two pairs of Nicky Butler earrings- just studs, but they are pretty with the silver work on them.

Very pretty! I have always like things like that, but would have no place to wear them.

I have two pairs of Nicky Butler earrings- just studs, but they are pretty with the silver work on them.

I found that my other necklace, which is even gaudier (!) actually goes well with a nice, v-necked, plain sweater and nice jeans. I wear it when we go out to dinner. I also wore it with a cocktail dress ("little black dress") for New Year's Eve.

I should NEVER stay up late, surfing eBay. I need parental controls set on my pc.

I found another Nicky Butler, really cheap (comparatively), and bought it. I think I'm done now!:

$(KGrHqZHJBME63Uw4Y8SBO43bFoko!~~60_12.JPG

Must stop. Now. Really. :lol:

Stunning!

Thank you! I wish I could find the youtube video (recorded from HSN, where his jewelry is usually sold here in the U.S.). His necklaces look so much different on a woman's neck--they really come to life. In fact, before buying them on eBay, I tried to find the corresponding youtube video, so I could judge what it looked like while being modeled.

the reason those large necklaces are comfortable are thanks to those large "beads" theyre smooth and large distributing that weight nicely over a larger area than chain necklace. They are EXCELLENT specimens!

...and I'm not even Britney Spears!

Some of you may remember the Nicky Butler necklace I bought 2 weeks ago or so, that broke on New Year's Eve (the 1st time I wore it). Well, last Sunday, I re-strung it on sterling-plated copper jewelry wire, and it turned out nicely.

Now that I know I can competently repair the beaded strand, I just couldn't help myself today. I managed to get the price down a lot, plus I had eBay bucks...so...:graucho:

$(KGrHqV,!isE4rSP(p4NBOSw+,pCUg~~48_12.JPG

I love the filigree frame around the center green chalcedony stone. I've been looking at this for 2 weeks now. I love the way his necklaces are exceptionally comfy to wear, despite the big size.

Very lovely! I like this one even more!!!

OH WOW, those necklaces are amazing and sooo gorgeous and intricate!!! What will you wear with these amazing beauties???

They arrived about 3 days ago. So lovely!

I've actually worn NB1 (I like the sound of that. Kinda like the abreviations Egyptolgists give to the tombs in the Valley of the Kings--KV35, etc. :lol:) a few times. Last week, I wore NB1 (the amethyst, turquoise, ruby) necklace with a short, black cocktail dress to a country club party given by my employer. Everyone LOVED it. I wore dangling, rough-cut ruby earrings, and a rough-cut ruby and amethyst bracelet that I already had. The necklace is also very nice with a simple, v-necked sweater. I've usually worn it (as I did today) with a pale lavender sweater. I get lots of compliments on it then, as well.

I haven't worn NB2 and NB3 yet, but I did try on NB3 (the last one I bought--the more elaborate one) with a dark (almost green) teal sweater--it looked great. The green stones have a slight bluish cast to them. I think I'll just wear simple, shiny sterling hoop earrings and maybe a white pearl bracelet with it. I'm going to an all-girls night out next week; I think I'll wear it with the teal sweater, nice jeans, and black ankle boots.

These necklaces look so much better in person AND on a person! The stones really sparkle--so much, they almost look fake.

They arrived about 3 days ago. So lovely!

I've actually worn NB1 (I like the sound of that. Kinda like the abreviations Egyptolgists give to the tombs in the Valley of the Kings--KV35, etc. :lol:) a few times. Last week, I wore NB1 (the amethyst, turquoise, ruby) necklace with a short, black cocktail dress to a country club party given by my employer. Everyone LOVED it. I wore dangling, rough-cut ruby earrings, and a rough-cut ruby and amethyst bracelet that I already had. The necklace is also very nice with a simple, v-necked sweater. I've usually worn it (as I did today) with a pale lavender sweater. I get lots of compliments on it then, as well.

I haven't worn NB2 and NB3 yet, but I did try on NB3 (the last one I bought--the more elaborate one) with a dark (almost green) teal sweater--it looked great. The green stones have a slight bluish cast to them. I think I'll just wear simple, shiny sterling hoop earrings and maybe a white pearl bracelet with it. I'm going to an all-girls night out next week; I think I'll wear it with the teal sweater, nice jeans, and black ankle boots.

These necklaces look so much better in person AND on a person! The stones really sparkle--so much, they almost look fake.

LOL, I love your names for them too!! These pieces look like museum quality, so I definitely think they are fitting!!

I wish I could pull off big, statement pieces, and these necklaces are certainly that! They are bold, beautiful, yet still delicate. I also LOVE the color green and go gaga over any green colored stones. I think the color is very soothing, organic, and yet lush. I wish I could see modeling pictures of your necklaces with your outfits! I can only imagine how lovely they look on! I feel wearing jewelry breathes life into them; while pretty in your jewelry box or displayed, they are inert, but once worn, they have movement, capture light, etc. So I can definitely understand how much more beautiful they look in person and on you!!! So thank you so much for sharing! I can't wait to hear what else you wear your lovely necklaces with and I also can't wait to hear how you like wearing the ones you haven't worn yet!