Online order issue with Dior :(

haju0907

Haju0907
O.G.
Jan 8, 2009
Hello ladies,

It's been years since my last post and just wanted to share my story with ongoing online order issue with Dior.

I'm not near any Dior Boutique and closest one is about 2.5 hour plane ride. I've been eyeing on a small gray oblique book tote and finally decided to order online on 8 Jan 22 with a next day delivery even though this option doesn't quite work in Canada. I recieved an email on 10 Jan 22 that my item has been shipped and given UPS tracking # with next day delivery. I didn't receive the item the next day. So on 12 Jan 22, checked UPS tracker to see whereabouts my item was and the status was changed to 'delay' with 'information not available'.

Then I chatted onlilne with the Dior customer representative and she ensured that she will check with UPS and get back to me and also told me that it will take 1-3 business days. Waited for her response at the same time regualrly checking the status on UPS but nothing was updated.

After few days, called Dior and spoke with another representative, same answer recieved that she will check with UPS and get back to me. I was wondering may be the cause of delay was because of the weather as Toronto was dumped with over 50cm snow and most of courier service was delayed, but I placed my order before this weather disaster... :sad:

Waited couple of days again and called Dior back, 3rd representative gave me the same answer and she said she will get back to me but did not recieve any calls. At this time, Dior has increased the price so I didn't want any refund and place another order with higher price yet I really wanted to recieve my item in a safe/damage free as possible.

On 24 Jan 22, I called Dior back and spoke with 4th representative... with no new update. She insisted that they cannot do anything until they start the investigation and it will take about 14-20 days. So I have already waited since 12 Jan 22 and dealing with numerous representatives to find out where my item is but after 4th call they mention about investigation? Let alone another 14-20 days to find out to resolve the issue? I asked the representative to open another order send me the item and they should do their own investigation and leave me out of this issue as I did not cause this issue and I still have not even recieved my item to this date.

And the answer was 'NO'. In order for them to start the investigation, they asked me to provide a notarized letter and a police report to proof that I have not recieved the item :wtf: I was just shocked and didn't even know what to say. I just tried to understand why I have to get involved and I told her that at that point, I don't even want my item ship to me I just want a full refund. Then the representative raised her voice and told me that "this is the process and we cannot do anything further until investigation is resolved! You decide when this investigation is resolved!" Also to mention that I'm to cover all expenses associated to get letter notartized and everything else as they don't cover these expenses.

I have also called UPS and they are saying that the label was created from Dior but there's hasn't been any updates since then as the package was not physically scanned. Sounded like my item was lost somehwere in the Dior warehouse...

So I wrote a letter and got notarized, reported with the police... I will scan and send everything to Dior so they can do their investigation...

The whole experience... has been so streesfull and I'm beyond fraustrated. Worst part is, this is just a beginning and how they made me feel that I have somewhat caused this issue and how indirectly made me feel that I may have recived the item and not telling the truth. I mean, if I recieved the item, why would I call them 4 times looking for my item?

Reading from BBB, Dior has such a horrendous reviews with customer services, I'm really scare they will fight me not to give me a refund for the item that I have not even seen in person... :sad:

Has any of you ladies dealt with something similar or any advise would be much appreciated.

Screenshot 2022-01-25 225445.jpg

Screenshot 2022-01-25 230048.jpg

Call your CC company immediately and get them involved to get your money back (I think it’s called a charge back)
(you do not have the item; they have your money)
I have found Amex customer service far better than visa BTW
i believe many other TPF members have had issues with Dior on line and may be better able to advise.
i am so sorry this happened to you

Last edited:
Please call your CC company and get them involved. Your CC will refund you as you have proof from UPS tracking that the item was not delivered. I have never heard of getting a notarized statement for an item that was clearly not delivered.:nuts: Did the police give a report? What could they report? I don't think police in USA would give one for an item not delivered.

This is terrible on Dior. I am sorry this happened to you. So frustrating, and so much money.:sad:

Call your CC company immediately and get them involved to get your money back (I think it’s called a charge back)
(you do not have the item; they have your money)
I have found Amex customer service far better than visa BTW
i believe many other TPF members have had issues with Dior on line and may be better able to advise.
i am so sorry this happened to you

I just read her post and the experience is just ridiculous. Yes, I will be calling the CC company first thing in the morning and I have all the supporting documents to support my case. I did filed a police report yesterday and got a confirmation that the case is registered. To be honest, the police here have better things to do then investigate my online order for a missing bag Lol! But still I did my part.

Please call your CC company and get them involved. Your CC will refund you as you have proof from UPS tracking that the item was not delivered. I have never heard of getting a notarized statement for an item that was clearly not delivered.:nuts: Did the police give a report? What could they report? I don't think police in USA would give one for an item not delivered.

This is terrible on Dior. I am sorry this happened to you. So frustrating, and so much money.:sad:

I will be calling them first thing in the morning. Seriously, I felt like I was being accused when the representative telling me that sometimes there's a system error and things don't get registered properly but you may still recieve your order :shocked: So basically prove that I really didn't recieve my order by providing them a notarized letter and a police report... wow!
I did filed a police report and got a confirmation that the case was registered but not sure if the police will take this case serious.
I should have just took a flight to Vancouver and purchase the bag in person instead ugh:sad:!

• Sad
Reactions: lulu212121
Good lord this is a mess. Police report for a UPS delay??? I wish I were on that call with you so I could laugh incredulously in their ears. I’m sorry you have to go through this… I hope it gets resolved soon! If it makes you feel any better, anytime this has happened to me the item did eventually show up but of course in your case you can’t just wait around. You need your refund or your purse asap.

Good lord this is a mess. Police report for a UPS delay??? I wish I were on that call with you so I could laugh incredulously in their ears. I’m sorry you have to go through this… I hope it gets resolved soon! If it makes you feel any better, anytime this has happened to me the item did eventually show up but of course in your case you can’t just wait around. You need your refund or your purse asap.

I hope to resolve the issue soon too. I was speechless when the representative told me to provide me a letter and a police report - I had to ask her few times exactly what she's looking for lol!

This sounds ridiculous…did you ask to speak to a manager?

I give first line customer service two tries and then escalate up the chain.
Like others said…definitely dispute with the CC company and if you call Dior again insist on speaking to a manager.
I hope they resolve this quickly for you.

Reactions: OCMomof3
If you didn’t receive the package, you’re not responsible for anything. Bottom line. Credit card will immediately reverse. Maybe Canada UPS related issues are different as far as claims, but this is THEIR issue not yours. It’s 100% up to a vendor to get you your merchandise. Everything short of that falls on their side of responsibility. Period.

How embarrassing for Dior.

I had an issue with a missing strap and I will say that the first line of customer service reps at Dior all need to go beyond reciting the company book and do something proactive.
I did escalate it up the chain and finally got one CS manager who was excellent and eventually sent me the missing strap without the accusatory tone given by the first manager I got.
I did message you with the manager info. Hope that helps.

I wonder if Dior is willing to ship via FedEx express (rather than UPS). I've been waiting for a package that has yet to arrive, and I've even gone so far as asking my UPS driver to track it down for me. Apparently there are 2 different UPS routes....and according to my driver, the one that Dior uses leaves a lot to be desired.

Definitely dispute with credit card and I also try to use Paypal whenever possible as they have a great dispute system and it has been my experience that once they see that the package is indefinitely delayed they will force a refund even if the seller refuses. Good luck and very sorry for all your stress!

Hi there, may I ask did u sort out the problem at the end!? Because I am in the same situation as yours right now! I placed the order online and ups didn't turn up and keep saying on the way the status! On the other hand, Dior just said waiting for the reply from ups! It's been a week already! It's really frustrating and lost the trust of both Dior and ups!

Reactions: jjgg
Hi there, may I ask did u sort out the problem at the end!? Because I am in the same situation as yours right now! I placed the order online and ups didn't turn up and keep saying on the way the status! On the other hand, Dior just said waiting for the reply from ups! It's been a week already! It's really frustrating and lost the trust of both Dior and ups!
Call them again and ask for assistance from the manager. If they fail to provide same, dispute the charge with your credit card. Submit screen shots of all the tracking information and your attempts to get assistance from Dior. It’s on Dior to make sure you get the purchase you paid for, if not they have not fulfilled their end of the agreement.

Reactions: jjgg