One day in NYC -- which bag to bring?

Ooooh, I just had an idea. Instead of focusing on which bag to bring...what if I buy one there that I couldn't get here? :idea: I can think of several NYC shops that we don't have in Atlanta...and I might just have time to visit one or two.

Brilliant idea.....I love turning occassions into "events" and you'll have great memories of the trip whenever you carry your new purse.....NOW....where to go????
You know, you could even focus on brands that are actually MADE in NYC to make it more of an event....just a thought!
Let us know what transpires!

Brilliant idea.....I love turning occassions into "events" and you'll have great memories of the trip whenever you carry your new purse.....NOW....where to go????
You know, you could even focus on brands that are actually MADE in NYC to make it more of an event....just a thought!
Let us know what transpires!

I like that idea too. I bought my first LV on a trip to London, and I always think of that trip when I carry it.

As for where to go, I'm thinking maybe Mulberry, or Bal NY, or someplace that carries Gerard Darel? My time will be very limited, so I'll only have a chance to go to one shop, and unfortunately I don't think I'll make it to Brooklyn to Hayden-Harnett.

I like that idea too. I bought my first LV on a trip to London, and I always think of that trip when I carry it.

As for where to go, I'm thinking maybe Mulberry, or Bal NY, or someplace that carries Gerard Darel? My time will be very limited, so I'll only have a chance to go to one shop, and unfortunately I don't think I'll make it to Brooklyn to Hayden-Harnett.

I think that's the difference between most men and women. Men when they vacation want to eat well, drink well and use their money on nontangibles. Women, like that too, but women want to buy something to remember the vacation. We have a curio cabinet and I like to buy a piece of art (not kitchy stuff, but ART) from our trip. So, years later, I can look at that piece and say, "Oh, that's from our trip to italy, or New Orleans"... Dh??? "They had great wine!"

Now, getting a purse from NYC I think is a PERFECT CHOICE! My best friend and I bought a matching set of hats (and we never wear hats!) from Macy's... ending up giving it to charity! A purse would have been a better idea!

Of the choices you have to select from - my vote would be for either the black B-bag, coffer or the Miu Miu.
I've been thinking about the same thing, as I will be in NY for a weekend, and I'm trying to decide which color/style to bring.
:shrugs:

Definitely look for that new bag in NYC, it is always such fun to carry a bag and remember where it was purchased.

I recommend bringing the violet city or the Bolide (with the twilly tied on it). Both can look fun, but also professional with the right outfit. Maybe put Ms. Bolide in a Longchamp or a plastic bag when you are on the plane? LOL!

I hope you have fun!!! =)

Yep, I'm in Atlanta, and you are right about the !#$%^&*! 8% state tax. :cursing:

Under the radar in NYC seems like a good idea. Even in this city, there are places where I won't carry anything too obviously pricey because I don't want to make myself a target.

Actually thank you so much for telling me that! I am attending a meeting in Atlanta in March 2008 and I would love to have some pointers. Last time I was in Atlanta it was a vacation-shopping and baseball games. So it was not a professional trip at all. And I was already thinking about next year and what to travel with. Any tips would be well appreciated!!! Good luck to you!!!