"On the Road" collection leather question and please help me decide which to keep!

torreyb

Mar 6, 2007
Hi Ladies...I am currently awaiting the delivery of the "On the Road" purple flap bag (smaller size...not the hobo flap) and I have a couple of questions.

1) For those of you that have this leather (glazed caviar? is that right?)...are you finding that this is a no fuss bag? Will it age well or show signs of aging quickly? I jumped on this one because sa at NM said it was the last purple one in the company and I am in love with the color.

2) OK...I am in the Chanel forum but here goes...I purchased the LV Mahina Solar PM in taupe last weekend and I am feeling badly about keeping both of these bags. I think they will serve the same purpose, they hold about the same, so I am wondering which would you think would be the keeper...something that will be a go-to bag for a long time. I am a casual dresser...dd is 7 months old...so mostly jeans & yoga pants, lol. The LV is just...mmmmm....so gorgeous! Should I return the Chanel and wait for a more classic flap in a purple?

ANY and ALL suggestions/advice would be so much appreciated. I really value what you ladies have to say...thank you very much! :smile:

Oh my... Purple On the Road vs the lovely Mahina... What a tough decision!!! I wish you could keep both :s But if I had to pick one, I would keep the Mahina and wait for a purple flap, just because the Mahina is sooo gorgey. My gut is telling me that Chanel is going to release a purple flap in the next year or two, so I would wait for that.

Oh my... Purple On the Road vs the lovely Mahina... What a tough decision!!! I wish you could keep both :s But if I had to pick one, I would keep the Mahina and wait for a purple flap, just because the Mahina is sooo gorgey. My gut is telling me that Chanel is going to release a purple flap in the next year or two, so I would wait for that.

yes, I would have to agree with nighteyes, keep the Mahina and wait fior Chanel to release a puple flap in the future! :smile:

nighteyes & kobe...thank you for your advice! That seems to be the direction I was headed in...I will see what happens when miss purple arrives...hoping I don't fall in love with her too! such decisions...that mahina is just so smooshable, lovable, and my goodness does she smell good! :biggrin:

The purple flap would add more versatility to your collection, rather than another tote... But the question is whether you would prefer the purple flap to the On the Road tote. If you're a tote gal, then maybe you should keep both the Mahina and the On the Road, and forget about the flap! (Or get another Chanel bag in a different color....... :graucho:)