On the fence...Swagger shoulder bag w statement strap

Teagaggle

Sep 29, 2014
Opinions please because I'm not as immediately in love with this pairing as I thought I would be.
This is one of the original Swagger shoulder bags that is currently part of the sale. I had the tearose strap already. I bought the Swagger with the sole intention of using the tearose strap with it, as the chain strap that comes with the Swagger is just too heavy to for me to deal with. However, when I put the strap with the bag, it just didn't immediately click with me as I thought it would. Maybe I've become a 1941 snob and the bag just doesn't do it for me or I had unrealistic expectations. I had seen the statement straps used with the smaller Swagger shoulder bags in the store recently and thought they looked really cute but I'm just not getting that feeling here. What are your thoughts? If I'm going to use it with the statement strap, it means permanently removing the other strap so, no returns. I guess that's what is also holding me back. Sorry for the lengthy post. Thoughts appreciated!
Screenshot_20171208-185319.png

It’s hard to tell how the strap would look when the purse is hanging down, but at this angle I think it goes. It’s a plain bag so the strap adds something fun. I love the colored dots on some of the flowers. It’s too bad you have to permanently remove the chain strap, I’d be hesitant about that. It would be nice to have the option to switch.

It looks like the strap goes well with the bag but can you post some mod pics? Maybe seeing how the bag looks hanging with the strap will help give a better idea of whether it's a good pairing.

I think it looks great!
How is the chain strap attached? Can't you unbuckle it and pull it through the loops?
Its permanently attached. The newer, smaller version has removable straps. Drat.
Its hard to get a photo that only shows the tearose strap when there is big clunky chain strap in the way. One good thing is that the hardware matches...
I'll see what I can do about mod pics tomorrow. Thx!