omg. i got ripped off on ebay!

hello everyone.
i recently purchased a burberry item on ebay coming from the UK.
she sent it out on the 14th of april through parcelforce.
she also gave me a tracking number: CP649688140GB
which is by the way, invalid.

when i try to track the package, they dont have any entry for it.
i've never dealt with international shippings before so this has me quite worried.
i spent close to 1000 USD for the bag and now, i feel as if i lost my money
because what i paid for is not coming to me.

the reason for this panic is because soon after i paid for the item, ebay had suspended my account linking me to my old account... BUT I HAD TO GET THIS BAG!
so i violated ebay's policies but i STILL paid for the item
in which, i have EVERY right to that bag!!
THEN she filed an UNPAID ITEM STRIKE with ebay.

i tried contacting her MILLIONS and BILLIONS of times
she never replies. EVER!
i filed a dispute with paypal, she still hasnt replied.
its a little over a week now.
i AM so worried!!

regina... somebody! please help me!
:cursing:

OMG, that's horrible! Did you pay via credit card? You won't lose your money if it's backed by your CC, regardless if you broke ebay's rules.

Have you tried contacting parcelforce? I've had really good luck with international customer service when I've called.

Can I ask who the seller is? So I can add her to my never buy from list. I'm so sorry to hear this happen to you. I hope you get either the bag or your money back.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to you. I think Paypal will be the one to refund your money, but their process may be long. She will be responding to Paypal if you have filed the dispute through Paypal. They will get both sides of the situation, then proceed from there, if I remember correctly. Did she send the bag out before your account was suspended? I'm also confused about this, why would she file an unpaid item strike against you if she had already shipped it out on the 14th?

hello everyone.
i recently purchased a burberry item on ebay coming from the UK.
she sent it out on the 14th of april through parcelforce.
she also gave me a tracking number: CP649688140GB
which is by the way, invalid.

when i try to track the package, they dont have any entry for it.
i've never dealt with international shippings before so this has me quite worried.
i spent close to 1000 USD for the bag and now, i feel as if i lost my money
because what i paid for is not coming to me.

the reason for this panic is because soon after i paid for the item, ebay had suspended my account linking me to my old account... BUT I HAD TO GET THIS BAG!

she never replies. EVER!
i AM so worried!!

I'm so sorry. You need to file a dispute with Paypal and thet will refund your money and go after the seller. I try to stay off ebay for that reason. Let us know what happens.

she never replies. EVER!
i AM so worried!!

Your old account was suspended for some reason? At this point all that you can do is wait for Paypal to rule. If they don't rule in your favor, do a chargeback with your bank/CC

if she hasnt replied after more than a week, dont wait any longer, escalate to a claim and let Paypal deal with it. If she doesnt provide them with a valid tracking number that proves the item was delivered, they will refund your money.

Sounds like she thinks since you were suspended she gets to keep your money and pretend you never paid by filing an unpaid bidder report against you! Yes, immediately file a claim with paypal. She will have to provide them with accurate shipping/tracking info or you will win.

eBay probably notified the seller of your suspension status. They usually warn the seller not to ship nor accept payment from you for their safety and I am sure they told he/she that at this point he/she does not need to proceed with the transaction nor ship item to you. This whole thing depends on the nature of your suspension.

What I find weird is how can seller file for item not paid, if the money was received via Paypal there would be electronic record for such and the UID won't fly with eBay. UNLESS the payment was cancelled or reversed by Paypal or you. For instance, if you owed money to Paypal for a previous transaction at which they will just reverse the payment and keep whatever was owed to them.

ugh! yes. it is such a nightmare.

it was a burberry suitcase on wheels.
i needed to have it because it is no longer made by burberry!! :Push:

okay okay. i had one account which was suspended because i listed something for sale and used PHOTOBUCKET to link my photos rather than paying 15cents per photo. EBAY sent an email saying i cant use "linkers" other than certain ones, ie. auctiva, because its INFRINGEMENT of the trademark... so blah blah blah i didnt know!

then i saw her listing for the suitcase and i knew i'd be in trouble BUT i had to get it!!
so. i signed up as a new user.
in which case you cant do because if you're suspended
you are not allowed to use EBAY at all.
:tdown:

i know ebay sends the seller an email to not proceed with shipping or accept payment outside of ebay but clearly, i already had paid for it BEFORE the suspension. and she could see that through her paypal. so she HAD to ship it out because its a paid item.

i really think she did this intentionally just because my account was suspended, she thought she can keep the money.

Ended:Apr-12-08 14:23:27 PDTPAYMENT SEND THROUGH PAYPAL:Apr-12-08 14:30:20 PDT
she said she'd ship out monday the 14th
in which she had emailed me the tracking # on the 14th.
then i get the claim from unpaid item from ebay?
whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
i was confused too and still am.
i wanna give her the benefit of the doubt
but she wont even respond to my emails
AT LEAST letting me know that ebay adviced her not to do anything else outside of ebay
because my account was suspended.
but rather. she's in hiding.
which makes me think she's a fluke!

ebay wont give me any of her information. its confidential.
so i have escalated the claim with paypal
just as everyone adviced *thank you so much!*
she has until may 02 to respond then paypal will refund me.
but thats not even the problem..

i really wanted the suitcase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:crybaby:

ugh! yes. it is such a nightmare.

it was a burberry suitcase on wheels.
i needed to have it because it is no longer made by burberry!! :Push:

okay okay. i had one account which was suspended because i listed something for sale and used PHOTOBUCKET to link my photos rather than paying 15cents per photo. EBAY sent an email saying i cant use "linkers" other than certain ones, ie. auctiva, because its INFRINGEMENT of the trademark... so blah blah blah i didnt know!

then i saw her listing for the suitcase and i knew i'd be in trouble BUT i had to get it!!
so. i signed up as a new user.
in which case you cant do because if you're suspended
you are not allowed to use EBAY at all.
:tdown:

i know ebay sends the seller an email to not proceed with shipping or accept payment outside of ebay but clearly, i already had paid for it BEFORE the suspension. and she could see that through her paypal. so she HAD to ship it out because its a paid item.

i really think she did this intentionally just because my account was suspended, she thought she can keep the money.

Ended:Apr-12-08 14:23:27 PDTPAYMENT SEND THROUGH PAYPAL:Apr-12-08 14:30:20 PDT
she said she'd ship out monday the 14th
in which she had emailed me the tracking # on the 14th.
then i get the claim from unpaid item from ebay?
whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
i was confused too and still am.
i wanna give her the benefit of the doubt
but she wont even respond to my emails
AT LEAST letting me know that ebay adviced her not to do anything else outside of ebay
because my account was suspended.
but rather. she's in hiding.
which makes me think she's a fluke!

ebay wont give me any of her information. its confidential.

i really wanted the suitcase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK its clearer now. I would call ebay and say you didnt realise you could not have another account whilst suspended. Say you bought something and paid and then realised you shouldnt have done that but it was to late as you had made payment....act stupid, people at ebay are used to it...so you would now want your money back, NOW!!!...they will say its nothing to do with them and you should call paypal. Call them say same thing, and do add that being suspended from ebay does not mean someone should walk away with your money. ( BTW, did you pay by CC? )..you could just charge back as you never received an item.
The last message that unscrupulous seller requires is along the lines of...I realise you have my money and you are ignoring my emails, I am left with no choice but to take legal action...
One of the above should get your money back. Please keep us posted,

aww I'm sorry to hear what you're going through :sad:

But if you're looking for a rolling suitcase, you might want to try calling a few of the Burberry outlets- I saw a couple the last time I was at Desert Hills :yes:

I think your item is on the way! By the way... paypal deals with the money of the transaction. NOT ebay.... if your account is closed on ebay has absolutely nothing to do with your payment.

hl_search_results.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Label/Receipt Number: CP64 9688 140G B

Your item left COVENTRY PARCELFORCE, GREAT BRITAIN on April 25, 2008. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

I didn't know ebay can suspend a seller for using photo linkers, I see SO MANY sellers still doing that, ebay is so unfair.

More importantly, check your credit card company's policies for issuing a refund. If the deadline is sooner than 2 weeks, I'd say start a chargeback now. Paypal claims take minimum 1 week from commencement. 1 week IF seller doesn't respond. If she does, then it can go on forever. IF seller empties her paypal account and paypal rules in your favor, you will not be paid anything until funds show up in her account. Be warned. The last thing you want to happen is to have the allocated time for credit card chargebacks to lapse. Some banks have 30 day grace, some 60 and some 90. For me it's 30.