OMG!!!! I am sooo mad!

Mar 3, 2010
I purchased at Louis Vuitton Onatah bag on ebay from a power seller with almost 4000 100% positive feedback and its a FAKE!
I had it authenticated on the purse forum after receiving it because it seemed small, I didn't remember that size when they released it at the store...
Has this happened to anyone? A supposedly trustworthy seller who sells a fake?
The heat stamp and date code were off and when I looked back at the auction the seller didn't take a picture of the heat stamp and they took a picture of the reverse side of the date code... Did they know?
The seller lives about 1/2 hr away from my house (its an island, not far), I feel like driving over and complaining to get my money back... Especially if I have to pay for return shipping even though its fake and I would have never bought it if I had known =(

Have you contacted the seller yet? Perhaps they will take a return. What did the terms in the listing say about returns?
Can you post a link to the auction?
Chances are that the seller knew the bag is fake. Powresellers and Top Rated SEllers are protected by Ebay per Lorrie Norrington's orders. I don't know whether she is gone yet or not but that policy is a travesty! Ebay won't remove blatent fakes when they are listed by PS & TRS. Even enhanced reporters can't get them removed. It is such a joke the way Ebay sets buyers up by touting these sellers as more trust worthy than an 'average' seller.
If you open a case do NOT send the bag back until Ebay/PP tells you to. You MUST return it through the mail so that there is a record of it. Use SIGNATURE Confirmation. Do NOT use Delivery Confirmation. Don't let the Postal clerk tell you otherwise.
Sorry this happened........Good Luck!

I sent them a message after i saw that the authenticators on the lv forum said it was fake, no response yet
does it matter if i'm a power seller and top rated seller? cause i'm both

here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...item=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1686wt_1070

i haven't opened a case yet, waiting to see what the seller says. i told them that i don't think i should have to pay the return shipping because they said guarantee authentic... but i've done a SNAD case before (wasn't for an fake item, more a not new but used case and totally wrong size then listed) and i had to pay for the shipping back which not fair when the seller describes things wrong
they do have a 3 day return policy but when you open the case they have to take it back anyways right?

I agree, wait for their reply first. If you file a case and it's escalated, you have to prove authenticity, which is expensive. If you are able to settle things with the seller via email, citing the TPF authentication, you save the authentication fees and can probably get them to cover return shipping since they would have to cover it when you won your claim.

While they have great feedback, it doesn't look to be for high end purses. They probably picked it up somewhere or are selling it for someone and assumed it was authentic. Give them the benefit of the doubt for now and see if they will make it a smooth and cost-free return process for you because of their huge mistake. If they make life a hassle for you, then pursue a claim and neg. feedback.

Best of luck!

I agree, get into Carol Diva immediately and start an authentication process. If you do need to file an SNAD eBay will require third party authentication.

But see what the seller says first. You ALWAYS need to try to work it out with the seller and not jump to conclusions or accuse them. Give them the benefit of the doubt and be polite but firm. Good luck.

I am confused.
The seller states that they take returns within 3 days. Just send it back FFTLOG. Yes you have to pay return postage but you would anyway.
Why would you even need to open a case when the seller takes returns?
I just don't get why this is even an issue.

I agree. No offence to the poster who deemed it inauthentic but I would ask for a second opinion. It is often much harder to tell with vintage styles. A datestamp font that is "off" is not enough evidence for me.

The pictures are not very clear. If Carol is asked to authenticate she will want a readable and up close picture of the datecode and inside leather patch. She must be able to see the fonts on the stamping. These pictures probably won't cut it.