Older version Saint Cloud help

Jan 23, 2011
Hi everyone,

I am looking into buying a pre-loved saint cloud in possibly the pm or mm size with the monogram. I want the older version without the vachetta leather corners on the front. This will be my first time purchasing pre-loved and I have so many questions about this model so any help will be greatly appreciated.

1. I've seen some versions with a zipper inside pocket and some where it is just a slit pocket. Did LV make both of these versions?
2. The metal ring on the front, I have seen some versions with Louis Vuitton engraved on the ring and some without. Did LV make both of these versions?
3. I do plan on getting it authenticated here and with a third party, but with the some of the model being so old that it is vintage, is there an authenticator that is better recommended? (caroldiva?)
4. Anyone with ANY photos at all would be of great help as I have no where to reference for authentic photos. I have even searched for threads on this bag and most have lead to no where.

This is the version of the Saint Cloud I am looking for (I just chose a random auction for reference)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-...d=142666556680&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I had a vintage St. Cloud and ended up selling it. Such a cute little bag with really thick strong canvas. My observations...

1. My PM had a zip pocket inside and a open on on the back. The pockets are almost all but useless on these old bags as the old vuittonite goes stick and gross. Some people remove it (heaps of threads on that) but I just shut the pocket and never used it.

2. Mine had engraving on the front.

I ended up selling it as I didn't feel the strap was long enough for crossbody. But that's just how I felt.

Reactions: roxi88
Hi everyone,

I am looking into buying a pre-loved saint cloud in possibly the pm or mm size with the monogram. I want the older version without the vachetta leather corners on the front. This will be my first time purchasing pre-loved and I have so many questions about this model so any help will be greatly appreciated.

1. I've seen some versions with a zipper inside pocket and some where it is just a slit pocket. Did LV make both of these versions?
2. The metal ring on the front, I have seen some versions with Louis Vuitton engraved on the ring and some without. Did LV make both of these versions?
3. I do plan on getting it authenticated here and with a third party, but with the some of the model being so old that it is vintage, is there an authenticator that is better recommended? (caroldiva?)
4. Anyone with ANY photos at all would be of great help as I have no where to reference for authentic photos. I have even searched for threads on this bag and most have lead to no where.

This is the version of the Saint Cloud I am looking for (I just chose a random auction for reference)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Louis-Vuitton-Shoulder-Bag-Mini-Saint-Cloud-M51244-Monogram-245750/273031890950?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=49917&meid=05760232d9ae4d05873c8eba85a8483e&pid=100005&rk=5&rkt=6&sd=142666556680&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
To answer 2, if you looking at an older model then am sure @lovlouisvuitton and @Addy would be happy to take a look for you in the authenticate thread.

LV does change its designs, moving with the times as it were. The Alma is a good example of how things change to adapt to the changing shape of cell phones.

I had a vintage St. Cloud and ended up selling it. Such a cute little bag with really thick strong canvas. My observations...

1. My PM had a zip pocket inside and a open on on the back. The pockets are almost all but useless on these old bags as the old vuittonite goes stick and gross. Some people remove it (heaps of threads on that) but I just shut the pocket and never used it.

2. Mine had engraving on the front.

I ended up selling it as I didn't feel the strap was long enough for crossbody. But that's just how I felt.

Hi, would you mind me asking how tall you are for reference? As well as how did the pm size work for you? I am used to smaller bags (have the favorite in on and alma bb) but any help on this item is useful.
Thank you

I have a GM, so not sure how helpful this will be to you, but they are small bags. I can fit my small wallet, keys, a Raybans case, my iPhone and that’s about it. I don’t use my pockets as they have all peeled, but they aren’t very wide so not much would fit in them anyways. Because the bags are so thin, I think you could probably strategically fit more in an Alma BB than a GM St Cloud, but I haven’t tested that theory to be 100%.

Hi, would you mind me asking how tall you are for reference? As well as how did the pm size work for you? I am used to smaller bags (have the favorite in on and alma bb) but any help on this item is useful.
Thank you

Of course! I'm 163cm so I think that's like 5'3'' ish? I'm a little bit fat (ha!) so that would make a difference too. The size is teeny tiny. I could fit my iPhone 6/7, zippy coin purse, some keys and a lipgloss. But I don't usually carry that much anyway so the size didn't bother me. It's much smaller than the Alma BB.

Reactions: feudingfaeries
I have a GM, so not sure how helpful this will be to you, but they are small bags. I can fit my small wallet, keys, a Raybans case, my iPhone and that’s about it. I don’t use my pockets as they have all peeled, but they aren’t very wide so not much would fit in them anyways. Because the bags are so thin, I think you could probably strategically fit more in an Alma BB than a GM St Cloud, but I haven’t tested that theory to be 100%.
Do you happen to still have the purse? Would you be able to post a model photo for reference?
I was thinking the pm would be a good size, but now after hearing that the gm doesn't fit much, I'm a little hesitant.
Thank you

Does anyone know the answer about the brass bit on the front?
  • Did Louis Vuitton make ones without the name engraved in the brass?
  • What year was the Saint Cloud first introduced?

I have the GM with the engraved "LOUIS VUITTON" brass. I learned from watching Youtube that those without the engraving are the older versions, whereas the ones engraved were newer.

I have the GM with the engraved "LOUIS VUITTON" brass. I learned from watching Youtube that those without the engraving are the older versions, whereas the ones engraved were newer.
Thank you. I am trying to figure out how old mine is but having a hard time. It is definitely an older one w/out the engraving.

Does it have a date code stamped on the interior lining?
No, it's pre-having a date code. I did a consult yesterday with LV to find out the costs for replacing the vachetta leather strap and the person I spoke to said it was probably made early 80's. I was just wondering what year the Saint Cloud was first introduced.

Reactions: BA77
No, it's pre-having a date code. I did a consult yesterday with LV to find out the costs for replacing the vachetta leather strap and the person I spoke to said it was probably made early 80's. I was just wondering what year the Saint Cloud was first introduced.
Did you ever find out how much it would cost to replace the strap on your Saint Cloud? I just picked up an MM for cheap but my strap looks like it will break any minute now…thanks!!