Old school (new to me!) RM collection!

Naomisully

Jan 10, 2019
I was feeling inspired by people wanting some more action in this forum! I started learning about the RM line around Christmas. I’ve slowly amassed a bit of a collection and it’s been so fun! I’ve sold a few that I’ve bought out of guilt because I was feeling like a bit of a hoarder [emoji23] But I keep finding treasures that I can’t resist.

L-R

Grey MAB with birdie lining: I love this one because it’s really structured and water rolls off of it which is nice living in the PNW.

Navy diaper bag (nylon lining but came with the x kiss patterned dust bag. I LOVE this one. It’s the most awesome diaper bag ever!!

Plum MAB with rose gold hw: It’s in good shape but it’s really weathered (maybe i need to try a more hard core leather conditioner). Brown leopard lining.

Cranberry Cupid: I love the color and leather but I never use it. I think it’s the shape of it. Brown leopard lining.

Blue stonewash with fleur de lis lining: this is super broken in. Still in great shape but the panels where the zipper is are really wrinkled and folded.

Evergreen MAM with resort hardware and paisley lining: I love this one for going out. MAM’s are like the perfect size!

Charcoal MAM with brown leopard lining: It’s in amazing condition, it must have sat in someone’s closet! I love the color.

Espresso glazed (I think?) MAM with paisley lining: so lovely... so sturdy with nice leather.

Matinee with fleur de lis lining: what color is this? Eggplant? Berry? It’s so nice. I’ve used it as my daily purse ever since I got it. The leather is the best of them all. It is so so so nice!

Share your collections or your favorite go to RM bag!! IMG_7158.JPG

Gorgeous collection! I think you caught the same bug that I caught!

Thank you! Your username looks familiar, I think you snagged one of mine from poshmark! I loved it so much but I was feeling like I had gone a little bit overboard [emoji23] it’s so much fun to find older ones and some of them are in such good used shape I feel like they’ll last forever with good care! There are some that I would give an arm and leg to have had new and broken in myself but oh well!

Reactions: sdkitty
Thank you! Your username looks familiar, I think you snagged one of mine from poshmark! I loved it so much but I was feeling like I had gone a little bit overboard [emoji23] it’s so much fun to find older ones and some of them are in such good used shape I feel like they’ll last forever with good care! There are some that I would give an arm and leg to have had new and broken in myself but oh well!
Oh that could very well be!!!! When I looked at your collection I thought, We have similar taste!!

Reactions: Naomisully
Lovely! Thanks for sharing with all the detailed descriptions. I love knowing about the linings. I think that’s one of the most fun things about the bags.

I love the linings too! I still want an old school black and white floral but I’m not sure which to get because I most def do not need anything else ha. I find I use the MAM’s the most (until I got the Matinee).

I love the linings too! I still want an old school black and white floral but I’m not sure which to get because I most def do not need anything else ha. I find I use the MAM’s the most (until I got the Matinee).
I don’t have anything older than a 2013, but at some point I’d like to add something old. Just haven’t found the right one yet.
I really love the look of the matinee but don’t think I’d enjoy using a hand carry only bag. I too had a Cupid at one point but I sold it. When ever I see one I wonder if that was a mistake, but there was something about it that I didn’t gravitate towards it. I can’t pinpoint why.

I don’t have anything older than a 2013, but at some point I’d like to add something old. Just haven’t found the right one yet.
I really love the look of the matinee but don’t think I’d enjoy using a hand carry only bag. I too had a Cupid at one point but I sold it. When ever I see one I wonder if that was a mistake, but there was something about it that I didn’t gravitate towards it. I can’t pinpoint why.

I wasn’t drawn to the matinee at all initially! I didn’t know I’d like the shape as much as I do. It’s easier to carry than a MAM, it’s more narrow so it feels really good on my shoulder. If you find a nice cheap one you could give it a shot!

I don’t know what it is about the Cupid either. I actually tried to sell mine but there’s a rip in the inside zipper pocket and I was only getting offers for like $25 so I’ll just keep it. I love the color of the raspberry leather, I’d love a MAM!

I wasn’t drawn to the matinee at all initially! I didn’t know I’d like the shape as much as I do. It’s easier to carry than a MAM, it’s more narrow so it feels really good on my shoulder. If you find a nice cheap one you could give it a shot!

I don’t know what it is about the Cupid either. I actually tried to sell mine but there’s a rip in the inside zipper pocket and I was only getting offers for like $25 so I’ll just keep it. I love the color of the raspberry leather, I’d love a MAM!
I like the way the little side flaps on the matinee flip up...I know that’s kind of a silly reason! I did wonder how it would be for shoulder wear, because on the MAM I can’t really comfortably put the handles on my shoulder, so that’s good to know.
I don’t think I got more than $30 for my Cupid, about half of what I purchased it for! But I know I wouldn’t really be using it anyway, so I guess I don’t mind too much.