Ok please help cos i'm VERY confused!

I've just found out that a relative from California will be visiting me in Australia in 2 days.
I want to purchase a black caviar jumbo with the bijoux chain and a white modern chain flap bag from NM or Saks etc. Now here come the questions!! :P

1) I only have a Visa credit card...do any of these stores accept this and can I pay via phone?

2) I'm totally confused about your sales tax system! The price is $2250 for a caviar jumbo...how much more sales tax do i have to pay? And do the sales tax apply only to deliveries or do they apply to in-store purchases as well?

3) NM site quotes $41 USD for overnight deliveries...is that from ANY NM store?

4) If my relatives are taking it to Australia, is there a way of getting it duty-free or reclaiming the tax?

5) Can anyone please give me details of helpful SAs who will be able to assist me?

6) Ok...slightly off-topic but....how do i pm on this forum? i cant seem to find the button!

PLEASE help because I only have 2 days to pull this off - i am DESPERATE!!!

I've just found out that a relative from California will be visiting me in Australia in 2 days.
I want to purchase a black caviar jumbo with the bijoux chain and a white modern chain flap bag from NM or Saks etc. Now here come the questions!! :P

1) I only have a Visa credit card...do any of these stores accept this and can I pay via phone?

Saks takes Visa. NM only takes Amex with the exception of NM Las Vegas which takes Visa...and yes, you can via phone.

2) I'm totally confused about your sales tax system! The price is $2250 for a caviar jumbo...how much more sales tax do i have to pay? And do the sales tax apply only to deliveries or do they apply to in-store purchases as well?

Sales tax is around 8.5% and applies to both in store and delivery purchases. For NM, you can avoid the tax by having it sent as a gift addressed to someone else. In your case, the bag will be sent to your relative anyway so this makes it easy. Saks can waive the tax depending on which Saks you order from. I'm still confused as to what the rules are but all of my Saks purchases so far have been tax free.

Yes

4) If my relatives are taking it to Australia, is there a way of getting it duty-free or reclaiming the tax?

see #2

5) Can anyone please give me details of helpful SAs who will be able to assist me?

NM - Lisa Hamlin (248)6358442
Saks - Damian (610)6671550

6) Ok...slightly off-topic but....how do i pm on this forum? i cant seem to find the button!

3 ways - on the upper right hand corner of your screen, click on the link that says private messages and you should see the option on the left hand side. OR put your mouse on the avatar of the person you want to PM and it should give you the option of sending a PM OR you can scroll down the members list (link found on the top of page) and you should see an option to "send pm" to that member.

Hope this helps and I hope you're able to get your bag. I SO know the feeling of being pressed for time but that makes finding and receiving your bag even more exciting!:jammin:Good luck!

Hi, I think you can't PM now as you only have 3 posts, you need to reach a certain number of posts before you can use the PM function.