ok, need some help

Ack - I wish I could write some great understandable description and everyone would go "aaahhh...". I'll try to do a step by step. First I iron the ponytail scarf so its nice a smooth with no creases. Hold the scarf flat up against the back of the strap, sideways. Leave the left side a little longer to compensate for the wrap around your thumb part. Make a loop w/the right side - fluff the loop out and straighten it so it looks the way you want it to look while holding it in your hand. Tie like a shoelace, wrapping the left side over your thumb and tuck the other loop through. Pull lightly into place. Before you tighten the bow, you do have to mess with it, flattening out parts that might wind up folded over, and fluff the loops again so they look nice and "loopy" not flat or droopy. You also need to go by the "knot" part and pull material to the left or right so that whichever part of the pattern that you want to show, does in fact show. Then tighten, and fix some more - you need to kind of "bend" the hanging tie parts backward a little so that they also fall nice and flat, not folded up and rolled. Any like anything, practice makes perfects! Some days I just cant get it right so I give up and put a charm on instead!!

^^ haha candace! Thanks for the instructions donnalynn! I also have tied bows 'upside down' it helps keep them fluffier... I forgot about that, thanks wanted_cordova!

I got good at tying bows when my daughter was young. It takes some practice and took me forever to figure out the madeline bows. The ponytail scarves are a little longer than the ones that come on the madeline but I think they look a lot better!

IMG_2116-1.jpg