Ok don't these two "mints" look different?

butterfli312

Jun 17, 2011
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009XQX12Q/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

http://www.amazon.com/Rebecca-Minko...8&qid=1360564590&sr=1-1&keywords=Minkoff+mint

I'm leaning towards the 1st bag only because I'd prefer a regular size Mac and not a mini...but I'm just wondering if Amazon is mistaking another color for "Mint" because this one looks brighter, darker more vibrant and less pale/neutral mint.

* of course the 2nd bag pictured is an Mab I'm just comparing colors*

The first one is NOT the same as the second one. I purchased the Mini MAC from Amazon and it was true mint, like the second picture. I really loved the color but prefer the larger MAC so I didn't cut the tags off. A few days later, the first picture came onto Amazon (the larger MAC) and it said MINT so I called Amazon who confirmed with RM that it was indeed MINT. I then called RM who asked me to send the link to the page and once again confirmed it was MINT. I ordered the larger MAC, received it, and it might be called MINT (on the tag it is) but it is WAY darker than the real light mint as seen in picture two and also on the Mini MAC. I was really disappointed. The leather is not pebbly like the mini MAC so maybe they are both called mint but in different leathers, but it is much more light blue tending almost to the turquoise. I want a midsized bag..the cupid is too big, the MAB and MINI MAB are too big and the mini MAC is just tiny...but I think I am going to keep the Mini MAC since the price is good and it's the light mint I want. I just don't understand how they can call and confirm that two such different colors are both mint. In my opinion, they aren't. Hope this helps. And thank goodness I get free shipping with Amazon as the bag is going back tomorrow.

The first one is NOT the same as the second one. I purchased the Mini MAC from Amazon and it was true mint, like the second picture. I really loved the color but prefer the larger MAC so I didn't cut the tags off. A few days later, the first picture came onto Amazon (the larger MAC) and it said MINT so I called Amazon who confirmed with RM that it was indeed MINT. I then called RM who asked me to send the link to the page and once again confirmed it was MINT. I ordered the larger MAC, received it, and it might be called MINT (on the tag it is) but it is WAY darker than the real light mint as seen in picture two and also on the Mini MAC. I was really disappointed. The leather is not pebbly like the mini MAC so maybe they are both called mint but in different leathers, but it is much more light blue tending almost to the turquoise. I want a midsized bag..the cupid is too big, the MAB and MINI MAB are too big and the mini MAC is just tiny...but I think I am going to keep the Mini MAC since the price is good and it's the light mint I want. I just don't understand how they can call and confirm that two such different colors are both mint. In my opinion, they aren't. Hope this helps. And thank goodness I get free shipping with Amazon as the bag is going back tomorrow.

Hey! I'm going to go home and take a pic hopefully tonight of the "mint" MAC I ordered and see how it compares! I'll post as soon as I do! From my initial observation I will say that the mint I received appears more blue than I had hoped I prefer my mint more of a peppermint patty green color...however, it's still a great bag. I'm kinda undecided if I should keep it or exchange it for the Bubblegum Mac...

Hey! I'm going to go home and take a pic hopefully tonight of the "mint" MAC I ordered and see how it compares! I'll post as soon as I do! From my initial observation I will say that the mint I received appears more blue than I had hoped I prefer my mint more of a peppermint patty green color...however, it's still a great bag. I'm kinda undecided if I should keep it or exchange it for the Bubblegum Mac...
Let us know! The larger MAC I got from Amazon is definitely more bluish and darker than the Mini MAC from Amazon. The mini Mac color is the same exact color as the MAB that you posted in picture two...that is why I thought mint was mint!! But then when I got the larger MAC, it was totally different, yet still labeled mint...not sure why, especially after RM confirmed that it was mint.

jess12345 said:
Let us know! The larger MAC I got from Amazon is definitely more bluish and darker than the Mini MAC from Amazon. The mini Mac color is the same exact color as the MAB that you posted in picture two...that is why I thought mint was mint!! But then when I got the larger MAC, it was totally different, yet still labeled mint...not sure why, especially after RM confirmed that it was mint.

Ok as promised here are pics in natural light taken outside with my iPad of the "mint" Mac with silver hardware I ordered off Amazon. The pics definitely make it appear more blue.

image-1508774877.jpg

image-4629893.jpg

Ok as promised here are pics in natural light taken outside with my iPad of the "mint" Mac with silver hardware I ordered off Amazon. The pics definitely make it appear more blue.

View attachment 2069094

View attachment 2069095
This sure looks more like the baby blue than a true mint. I'm not sure Amazon didn't mix up or use same pics. However if you look on Zappos.com, you will find the mint and baby blue and there is a huge difference in colors. The mint pictured is a real mint there.
I think if this is bothering you now, you may not ever be happy with what you have.....maybe return and reorder the mint off zappos? Post pics if you change....

View attachment 2069094

View attachment 2069095
That is what my MAC looked like that I ordered from Amazon...I returned it and kept the mini MAC in the real mint...a bit small for my taste, but I love the color and will learn how to down-size!!

That is what my MAC looked like that I ordered from Amazon...I returned it and kept the mini MAC in the real mint...a bit small for my taste, but I love the color and will learn how to down-size!!
Just saw the regular size MAC in mint on Zappos...ordered it...will see if it is the same color as the mini MAC I have from Amazon...would prefer a larger MAC if possible...

ugh I'm so confused about all these different mints and blues! I really like the mint color on zappos, but I want to see what it looks like in real life. can't wait for the pics!

did you receive your bag yet??
Yes, sorry! Was away for a few days...received regular size MAC, seems to be the same color as the regular size MAC I got from Amazon...more blue and darker than the mini MAC I got...and not pebbled leather...seems like the two sizes are just made out of different leather but both called mint for some reason...sending it back...like the color of the mini mac better