Oh, the horror!

jennyflies

Jul 4, 2008
I just came back from a football game at LP Field. I guess I didn't take a bag last time, so maybe it was there and I didn't notice it. When I went through the "girls'" line for security, they had this painted wood box and if you could shove your bag into the box, you couldn't bring it in. :wtf:

Luckily, I had an older, pretty well worn Coach with me (the one I don't especially mind setting on the ground - it goes with me to stadiums, movies, concerts, etc). I was horrified, though, thinking of the ladies I saw with really nice bags having to 'shove' them down into this little box! If I'd had one of my good bags with me I'd have been truly horrified!

The box was about 6" deep by 11" square or so. Anyone else experience something like this? What bag do you take with you to concerts, stadiums, etc?

Take a wristlet with you it cuts down on things like this. I hate it when anyone wants to shove one of my Coachs down into anything that looks like a box!!! I think that they should have to pay to have them cleaned at the least. I am not one for leaving any of my \bags on the floor or such so a small wristlet works well. Sorry pet peeve is these "security" that only search women not men...

I've taken a wristlet or worn a swingpack before, but this time I had more stuff to take. Maybe next time I'll just take a canvas tote I can wash.

I swear the 'box' thing is new, though. I felt like I was at the airport: "Your bag must be able to fit in this box to fit under your seat."

Yikes!!! Where ever I go, I always have a plastic bag with me large enough to fit my bag into in case it starts to rain. Now it looks like I'll have new use for it in the future! I would have been horrifed to shove my bag down a box. Just the thought of it and eveything in it getting squashed is terrible. The last concert I went to was indoors and I brought my Botkier sasha. For an outdoor baseball game I brought my nylon Gryson skye. Both stayed in my lap or on the chair when standing.

I wouldn't bring in a purse to a football game. I'd be wearing jeans so I would have an ID, CC, lipstick and cash (for beer) which would fit in my pocket.
Tailgating = mass beer consumption.
Stadium = more beer consumption
The last thing I need to worry about is my purse.. I need to concentrate on not falling up/down the steps and not spilling my beer :P:drinks:

I wouldn't bring in a purse to a football game. I'd be wearing jeans so I would have an ID, CC, lipstick and cash (for beer) which would fit in my pocket.
Tailgating = mass beer consumption.
Stadium = more beer consumption
The last thing I need to worry about is my purse.. I need to concentrate on not falling up/down the steps and not spilling my beer :P:drinks:

Too funny. :tup: