Official MOYNAT Thread

Can anyone compare the quality of a Rejane made in France vs made in Italy? I’m recently eyeing a Rejane BB in celadon but it’s made in Italy. I have another Rejane BB made in France and I’m really happy with the quality. I’m not sure if the “quality downfall issues” is geographically-related. Celadon is a lovely colour plus it’s offered at a sweet price in private sale 🥹
36f22a82-752d-4305-99a4-12b4bca960ef.jpeg

Hi Moynat lovers, I just got my first pre loved Rejane. It doesn’t have a serial number on the inside. Also, the internal leather isn’t matte - like my gabi. It has a slight sheen on the inside of the Rejane. Can anyone confirm if these two things are ok? Please help! I’m so stressed thinking did I just pay for a fake? 😱😱😱

Attachments

• IMG_9707.jpeg
    IMG_9707.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_9709.jpeg
    IMG_9709.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9705.jpeg
    IMG_9705.jpeg
    211.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_9706.jpeg
    IMG_9706.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_9695.jpeg
    IMG_9695.jpeg
    180.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9687.jpeg
    IMG_9687.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_9683.jpeg
    IMG_9683.jpeg
    328.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9684.jpeg
    IMG_9684.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 7D8879A0-DE63-4310-B81C-E42250CE9E79.jpeg
    7D8879A0-DE63-4310-B81C-E42250CE9E79.jpeg
    198.2 KB · Views: 36
Hi Moynat lovers, I just got my first pre loved Rejane. It doesn’t have a serial number on the inside. Also, the internal leather isn’t matte - like my gabi. It has a slight sheen on the inside of the Rejane. Can anyone confirm if these two things are ok? Please help! I’m so stressed thinking did I just pay for a fake? 😱😱😱
I think yours is an MM, older model so maybe it’s different from the inside. I only have a newer in PM so I can’t help comparing. Maybe someone here has an MM that can help?

Last edited:
Reactions: sxqc100
That’s so odd. I have three Rejanes that I have collected over the last few years and all three have them. Here’s a pic…

View attachment 5758311

Did yours Rejanes come without any keys at all? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Rejane that didn’t have a lock as part of the closure so I would think the keys would have to be included, but I could be wrong.
Hi! I looks like you have a good collection going. I bought a pre loved Rejane without any information or authentication. The inside of mine is some type of satin looking leather not matte soft calf leather. I have a gaby as well that I bought directly from Moynat and that one is soft calf leather in matte appearance inside. What do yours look like on the inside? Also, my bag doesn’t have a serial number. So stressed. 😫

I hope someone else knows more. I sent the info to legitgrils. Have you gotten your Moynat bags authenticated if purchased pre loved.
I wish I could help you more but I’m not familiar with older models and the Rejan. I just know that there are several sizes:

Nano (no key hole or keys)
BB (no key hole or keys)
23cm (no key hole or keys)
PM (26 cm, keys and key hole)
MM (keys and key hole)

The nano, BB, 23cm, PM don’t have a zipper inside but maybe the MM has or older models. I’m not sure, someone else should know.

The letters on your “Moynat Paris” hardware look a little off to me but as I said, I’m not very familiar with all the models (new and old). Maybe there are pictures in the forum that you can compare them to? Or hopefully someone else can show you pictures.

Hopefully it’s just an older model! I hope you find answers soon!

Can anyone compare the quality of a Rejane made in France vs made in Italy? I’m recently eyeing a Rejane BB in celadon but it’s made in Italy. I have another Rejane BB made in France and I’m really happy with the quality. I’m not sure if the “quality downfall issues” is geographically-related. Celadon is a lovely colour plus it’s offered at a sweet price in private sale 🥹
View attachment 5991334
Hello, do you know the name of the brown/gold bag behind the Réjane? It's SO beautiful! Thank you :smile:

Has anyone been into Harrods lately? I am in the UK and drove by and saw giant Moynat prints (with the puppies) on the Harrods windows. Are they doing a special boutique like Dior did a couple of years ago? And if so what is the Moynat inventory like?
Sooo many questions, but it really surprised me that Moynat got that level of exposure at Harrods. Thanks for any information. I don't have time to go there today, or I would answer all my questions and post here for everyone.

Harrods Moynat boutique is quite nice. They carry more stock than I thought possible and the sales associates are very kind. I’m surprised by the size of the window advertising. Have you been to the Mount Street store?
Are you sure the interior doesn’t have a satin finish? Satin lamb skin has a matte finish with a slight sheen.

Can anyone who owns a Le Duo bb tell me what you think of the bag style after real-life use? Thank you in advance.

Reactions: ParisBound
I've no experience with a Rejane but the interior of my Pauline has a slight sheen. I can't remember if it was always like that or has developed over the last few years though. I purchased it in 2019 from the Moynat boutique in Paris, so could it be the Rejane is just a little older than the Gaby? I also don't have a serial number in mine.

IMG_2916.jpeg

Reactions: Mousy
Hi! I looks like you have a good collection going. I bought a pre loved Rejane without any information or authentication. The inside of mine is some type of satin looking leather not matte soft calf leather. I have a gaby as well that I bought directly from Moynat and that one is soft calf leather in matte appearance inside. What do yours look like on the inside? Also, my bag doesn’t have a serial number. So stressed. 😫
Hi - I am definitely not educated enough to ever try to authenticate anything but I am happy to provide more details on the Rejane bags I own. They are all PMs.

First, I am embarrassed to admit this, but I never even noticed that my newer Rejane bags, the green and the black, have a simple slip pocket inside, but the oldest one, the red one, has a zip pocket on the inside. I have no idea when Moynat made that change - perhaps someone here can enlighten me. So the presence or absence of a zip pocket may not serve as any sort of red flag, at least for the PM size.

Second, the leather inside my Rejanes seems identical - and I completely agree with @Mousy that it is matte with a very subtle sheen. The interiors of my bags do seem a bit less shiny than the photos of your bag seem to depict, but that could certainly be due to differences in lighting, camera, flash, etc.

Lastly, I noted the comment from @BalletDream and took a couple photos of the clasp, specifically the “Moynat Paris” stamp for you to compare to yours. The sheen/reflection on the hardware made it a bit difficult to accurately capture the font, size, spacing, etc. but I did my best.

Please see the pictures below of the interior and the clasp of both bags:

NEWEST (emerald, purchased in 2023 - made in Italy):

IMG_8404.jpegIMG_8405.jpeg

OLDEST (madder, in box leather…I’m not sure exactly when I acquired it, but it was my first - made in france):

IMG_8403.jpegIMG_8406.jpeg

I hope it helps 🙂

Reactions: Fancyfree and Mousy
Has anyone been into Harrods lately? I am in the UK and drove by and saw giant Moynat prints (with the puppies) on the Harrods windows. Are they doing a special boutique like Dior did a couple of years ago? And if so what is the Moynat inventory like?
Sooo many questions, but it really surprised me that Moynat got that level of exposure at Harrods. Thanks for any information. I don't have time to go there today, or I would answer all my questions and post here for everyone.

I saw the Harrods photos on their IG. I'm not too surprised. They're now owned by LVMH afterall so now they have the spending power for marketing.
I don't know if they're doing anything "special" but we know they have a new canvas line out which I'm sure they're all too happy to advertise. I'm glad they had Dalmatian puppies, always a sucker for doggies. :lol:

Inventory varies from location to location.
Since they've taken down their website, it's best to see if you can call your local store, or even better, go in stores to ask an SA.
I'm from the US so I wouldn't be very helpful in terms of what's going on at Harrods but stock in my location in Southern California is one of the best IMO.

Reactions: Mousy
I noticed the stitching on the zipper pull tab is not the same as the ones posted by the owners of Rejane bags above. The thread on yours looks thin and shiny in comparison. The stitches seem to have wider gap in between the stitches. I would suggest to take a closer look of the stitches and compare them to your authentic Gabby. I own a gabby as well but not a Rejane, therefore can only comment on what I noticed from the pictures posted above.

View attachment 5991334
I recently bought a Rejane BB (in Japan) and it's Made in Italy. The quality / craftsmanship is superb, just like the Flori PM I bought earlier (which is made in France). Hope this helps :smile: If you are offered a special pricing through private sale, I would definitely take advantage of it!!! Good luck and enjoy!!!

Reactions: cut_andpaste