Official Hermes Belt Thread

Hermès size Waist circumference cm to in ... just measure your waist or where you want the belt to hit you... this info is on their website under the belt kits size guide link...
70cm - 27.5"
75cm - 29.5"
80cm - 31.5"
85cm - 33.5"
90cm - 35.4"
95cm - 37.4"
100cm - 39.4"
105cm - 41.3"
110cm - 43.3"
115cm - 45.3"
120cm - 47.2"

The belt is still with my local store as I need to decide whether to send to Paris (and prepare to wait potentially up to 9 months to get a whether it’s fixable answer). But it looks absolutely normal on the pic - the problem is when you wear it, it will just gradually slide down so you need to keep adjusting throughout the day.

View attachment 3965973
Kinda love this model a lot. but I am not sure if this one is a seasonal thing or something that would always be there like the classic one we see most often? Looks very temporary and not too formal so it would be good for smart casual attires or semi-formal occasions.

I might as well go for another classic with different finishing; looks better than the basic IMO.

View attachment 3965977

Thoughts? I don't want a Hermes belt that goes with the trend wave honestly.
Out of Guilloched and hammered H silver buckles, which is more flashy? Which is more in fashion? Which is more prone to scratchesth
Silver and hold are always in style! For me personally, it depends on what you are wearing it with. I usually use silver buckle for more casual attire. I also only use 38+mm belt for casual attire. For formal, I could go either silver or gold buckle depending on my other hardwares (ring, bracelet, watch, cufflinks). I only do 32mm belt for a suit. I would also consider the belt color because I only like certain buckle with certain colors. Do you have a few in mind? I have the Guillochee because I tend to have anxiety toward scratching hardwares. I honestly think if you are going for the classic H buckle, all finishes are pretty classic. Let us know what you decide.
anks a lot for reply . I m thinking of buying rouge Grenat/ noir leather strap . Wat do u think . Will this reddish strap look better with silver hardware ? Is hammered more prone to scratches dan Guilloched buckle? Mostly to b worn with jeans so is silver better dan gold and will buy 32mm width only . Kindly guide

Silver and hold are always in style! For me personally, it depends on what you are wearing it with. I usually use silver buckle for more casual attire. I also only use 38+mm belt for casual attire. For formal, I could go either silver or gold buckle depending on my other hardwares (ring, bracelet, watch, cufflinks). I only do 32mm belt for a suit. I would also consider the belt color because I only like certain buckle with certain colors. Do you have a few in mind? I have the Guillochee because I tend to have anxiety toward scratching hardwares. I honestly think if you are going for the classic H buckle, all finishes are pretty classic. Let us know what you decide.
Out of Hammered, Guilloched and brushed silver which is least prone to scratches??? Does Guilloched silver buckle look dull as compared to silver hammered buckle ?

Out of Guilloched and hammered H silver buckles, which is more flashy? Which is more in fashion? Which is more prone to scratchesth

anks a lot for reply . I m thinking of buying rouge Grenat/ noir leather strap . Wat do u think . Will this reddish strap look better with silver hardware ? Is hammered more prone to scratches dan Guilloched buckle? Mostly to b worn with jeans so is silver better dan gold and will buy 32mm width only . Kindly guide
Rouge grenat is my favorite shade of red. I think it could go with either gold or silver buckle. Tbh I’m not a huge fan of the hammered buckle but you are going for a casual look so I think it could definitely look good if you like that style of buckle. Guilloched buckle is definitely the most scratch resistant (or rather good at hiding scratches) but unless you are slamming your buckle toward other stuff, all of them shouldn’t be a problem. I personally would never go gold for a casual look but that’s just me. A gold buckle would be good at rounding out your collection though. Hammered buckle is definitely more flashy, and I think it actually looks more matte/dull compared to the other ones. Here’s a picture of my gulloched buckle. I first got a gold buckle but I just bought a pair of silver cufflinks so I exchanged for a silver one.

Attachments

• 501A6849-5F4F-43AF-B751-A23A2B498A09.jpeg
    501A6849-5F4F-43AF-B751-A23A2B498A09.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 452
Thanks a ton for d reply and answering all my queries. Wonderful choice of belt . Now I m in utter confusion between silver Hammered and silver Guilloched buckles ??????? Out of d two which was launched later ?

Planning to buy Hermes men belt 32 size . Want to kno Wats d present fashion trend in 2018 for men belts —- gold or silver H buckles ??? It is my first Hermes belt . I already have 3 Gucci in steel , 2 Gucci in gold GG buckle , 1 Lv in steel , 2 Ferragamo in steel ... And amongst the hammered and Guilloched which is more eye catching ??? Thanks in advance to everyone responding to my first post

Hermes belts, especially belt kits, do not trend like the other belts you own.
To be obviously recognisable it needs to be classic H or Constance
other H styles might be thought of as fake by those not in the know
Possibly the more skeletal styles like Rouleau Rider or Officier might look more fashion forward
If the strap is brown or other warm tones - only gold hw
All the other colours gold or silver - some think silver more modern

Hermes belts, especially belt kits, do not trend like the other belts you own.
To be obviously recognisable it needs to be classic H or Constance
other H styles might be thought of as fake by those not in the know
Possibly the more skeletal styles like Rouleau Rider or Officier might look more fashion forward
If the strap is brown or other warm tones - only gold hw
All the other colours gold or silver - some think silver more modern
Thanks for reply . So according to you d reddish rouge Grenat leather will look better with gold buckle ????? Wats ur opinion about hammered vs Guilloched???

When asked to make a choice, give an opinion, that is the way I would go - especially with brown and tan - red is further from gold so it takes silver better.
You really need to decide and wear what you like and feel comfortable with; be confident in your own style - that will never be wrong for you (even if others don't like it - but they probably will, because it will be genuine)

With regard to the buckles - now this is dangerous! - I think you might like the Tuareg H more than any other.
Do look it up.

When asked to make a choice, give an opinion, that is the way I would go - especially with brown and tan - red is further from gold so it takes silver better.
You really need to decide and wear what you like and feel comfortable with; be confident in your own style - that will never be wrong for you (even if others don't like it - but they probably will, because it will be genuine)

With regard to the buckles - now this is dangerous! - I think you might like the Tuareg H more than any other.
Do look it up.
Tuareg is excellent but beyond my budget . So I have to choose between dese 4 silver buckles - Hammered, Guilloched, Brushed and Strie buckles. Guide between dese . Mostly to b worn with jeans . Rouge Grenat (cherry red) leather side more often . So with dat suggest d buckles. Thanks a ton

Tuareg is excellent but beyond my budget . So I have to choose between dese 4 silver buckles - Hammered, Guilloched, Brushed and Strie buckles. Guide between dese . Mostly to b worn with jeans . Rouge Grenat (cherry red) leather side more often . So with dat suggest d buckles. Thanks a ton

You ask about which is more flashy? Then you say from a distance.
Honestly if you want 'flashy' then Hermes is not for you -
unless you can lay your hands on a 42mm with a Constance H
That was 'flashy' and 'vulgar' (sorry if that offends anyone) and probably why it is not available at the moment

I wear 32mm with jeans, but something wider would be better
have you considered the new 38 - worth saving up the extra 200
especially if you want to wear with jeans

gold traditional H, but go for the brushed finish and then you will not be concerned with little scratches

You ask about which is more flashy? Then you say from a distance.
Honestly if you want 'flashy' then Hermes is not for you -
unless you can lay your hands on a 42mm with a Constance H
That was 'flashy' and 'vulgar' (sorry if that offends anyone) and probably why it is not available at the moment

I wear 32mm with jeans, but something wider would be better
have you considered the new 38 - worth saving up the extra 200
especially if you want to wear with jeans

gold traditional H, but go for the brushed finish and then you will not be concerned with little scratches
Need in 32mm width only . Even I dnt like big 42mm h buckles , as most fakes are like dat . Made up my mind for rouge Grenat/ noir leather 32mm strap with silver buckle . But confused between Guilloched and Hammered. Jus wan to kno plus and minus of both dese buckles in comparison. TX a ton for reply . One more query . How to store Hermes belt . If we use it regularly say thrice a week den should we remove buckle every time , even if side not to b changed and store in coiled box and buckle in bag or should be hanged ??? 2nd situation if to be used say once in 10 days den ??? Will leather get destroyed if we wear d belt in rain ??? Wat should b done to clean belt leather n buckle in routine ? Any special leather care n metal care solutions???

Last edited:
When I take off my belts I always (even if I will wear it again tomorrow)
remove the buckle and pull the strap through my fingers to straighten it
and store it coiled the reverse way to how I wore it

I believe you now get a fabric bag for the strap and a box

Seriously, you would have to get really drenched for your waist to get soaked enough to damage the leather.

I know there is a lot of fuss about Hermes and leathers and we all want to care for nice things we own, but just wear it and enjoy it.
Look up the Docride leather care threads in the reference section.

Reactions: Dr.Ashish