Official Hermes Belt Thread

Hermès size Waist circumference cm to in ... just measure your waist or where you want the belt to hit you... this info is on their website under the belt kits size guide link...
70cm - 27.5"
75cm - 29.5"
80cm - 31.5"
85cm - 33.5"
90cm - 35.4"
95cm - 37.4"
100cm - 39.4"
105cm - 41.3"
110cm - 43.3"
115cm - 45.3"
120cm - 47.2"

After only just over 1 year, the holes on mine have definitely stretched a fair bit. This, I was explained by the SA, is mainly because I did not initially fit the buckle properly. The stud must be pushed all the way down the hole at the “starting” end of the strap (hope that makes sense). I’m also guilty of wearing mine most days, switching sides to match my outfit on that day. This will put additional pressure on the holes.

Reactions: introvert
Glad the H belt tread has had a lot of action lately. Just sharing my ” belt habits”. I’m size 85 but initially bought many 90s because I wore low waisted jeans. Nowadays mostly midrise. Very soon, also after some SAs remarked they think I’m an 85, I changed to the right size. Had to put additional holes to my 90s.

I prefer the size 32, glad I bought mine before H swiched to 24 for women. I have two 24s, bought them mainly because of the lizzard buckles but so far never worn them. One of them is a size 80, had to put an extra hole at the boutique, to be worn with a dress. I got two 13mm as a present but never worn them either.

I always need a belt with pants so unlike so many other people I never take off the buckles. I just put the linen pouch on the buckle and store the belts flat in my closet. I have several of the same combo so that I don’t have to use the reverse size. My favourite colours are white, black and blue and favourite buckles are the Touaregs. Like so many I want my belts to match my bags, both leather type and colour. Here are some pics from the archives. Not all belts in my collection but most.

IMG_4944.jpg
IMG_2391.jpg
IMG_0022.jpg
View attachment 4090824

Last edited:
Glad the H belt tread has had a lot of action lately. Just sharing my ” belt habits”. I’m size 85 but initially bought many 90s because I wore low waisted jeans. Nowadays mostly midrise. Very soon, also after some SAs remarked they think I’m an 85, I changed to the right size. Had to put additional holes to my 90s.

I prefer the size 32, glad I bought mine before H swiched to 24 for women. I have two 24s, bought them mainly because of the lizzard buckles but so far never worn them. One of them is a size 80, had to put an extra hole at the boutique, to be worn with a dress. I got two 13mm as a present but never worn them either.

I always need a belt with pants so unlike so many other people I never take off the buckles. I just put the linen pouch on the buckle and store the belts flat in my closet. I have several of the same combo so that I don’t have to use the reverse size. My favourite colours are white, black and blue and favourite buckles are the Touaregs. Like so many I want my belts to match my bags, both leather type and colour. Here are some pics from the archives. Not all belts in my collection but most.

View attachment 4090820
View attachment 4090821
View attachment 4090822
View attachment 4090824

Wow! I love your photos! Thanks so much for sharing them.

Making a large belt smaller doesn't bother me as the extra holes will not show on the tighter setting. However, my first belt fitting (85) was quite snug (I don't want to stretch the holes) and can only be worn with my ultra high waisted pants. I added another hole, but then got a 90 Noir/Vert Anglais for my regular high rises. That SA encouraged me to add two holes for my midrise BF jeans, but they show, which kinda irks me. So, since the 42mm is being phased out, I bought a 95 Noir/Etain (gorgeous) and will have two holes to make it smaller for my midrise BF jeans. This way the holes won't show. And I have the option of having a bigger belt in the width I love should lower rise come back into style.

I have a smallish waist that flairs out quickly into my hips, so the 42mm width has a lot of work to do to fit well on various rises on my body.

I absolutely love your belt collection, and can't wait to try more buckles with the new 38mm someday.

After only just over 1 year, the holes on mine have definitely stretched a fair bit. This, I was explained by the SA, is mainly because I did not initially fit the buckle properly. The stud must be pushed all the way down the hole at the “starting” end of the strap (hope that makes sense). I’m also guilty of wearing mine most days, switching sides to match my outfit on that day. This will put additional pressure on the holes.

This is good to know, thanks! It's a shame wearing both sides puts more pressure on the holes... That's the best part of having Hermes belt kits - the variety!

Wow! I love your photos! Thanks so much for sharing them.

Making a large belt smaller doesn't bother me as the extra holes will not show on the tighter setting. However, my first belt fitting (85) was quite snug (I don't want to stretch the holes) and can only be worn with my ultra high waisted pants. I added another hole, but then got a 90 Noir/Vert Anglais for my regular high rises. That SA encouraged me to add two holes for my midrise BF jeans, but they show, which kinda irks me. So, since the 42mm is being phased out, I bought a 95 Noir/Etain (gorgeous) and will have two holes to make it smaller for my midrise BF jeans. This way the holes won't show. And I have the option of having a bigger belt in the width I love should lower rise come back into style.

I have a smallish waist that flairs out quickly into my hips, so the 42mm width has a lot of work to do to fit well on various rises on my body.

I absolutely love your belt collection, and can't wait to try more buckles with the new 38mm someday.

Thank you, making a large belt smaller with extra holes doesn’t bother me either, as long as the holes don’t show. My nieces will inherit more of the duplicate 90s, because now I know which ones are my favourites. I don’t have any Constance buckles nor 42s or 38s and future will show if my collection will expand. The Kelly belt is wonderful with dresses since it’s one size fits all. But I do like my H belts and having options [emoji3]

The reason why why I don’t have wider belts is probably that I enjoy my Maxi Twillies tied around my waist when I like a wider option, mostly for dresses of course.

Reactions: elly_fong
Thank you, making a large belt smaller with extra holes doesn’t bother me either, as long as the holes don’t show. My nieces will inherit more of the duplicate 90s, because now I know which ones are my favourites. I don’t have any Constance buckles nor 42s or 38s and future will show if my collection will expand. The Kelly belt is wonderful with dresses since it’s one size fits all. But I do like my H belts and having options [emoji3]

The reason why why I don’t have wider belts is probably that I enjoy my Maxi Twillies tied around my waist when I like a wider option, mostly for dresses of course.

I just bought my first Maxi Twilly today! It’s so beautiful... I’ll have to experiment with using it as a belt. I’m pretty tomboy style and rarely wear dresses, but I love the look of a slender belt on a dress. I’m tall and wear mostly jeans or black pants with tees and leather jackets. The larger scale belts suit me best, and every Hermes SA has agreed! The 42mm belt is now my most narrow. I’m 5’9” 135 and need heft to balance me out. Plus, all those jeans!

Your nieces are incredibly lucky to get your 90s, that’s my ideal size! Plus Hermes for a young woman? I’ve waited decades to get here. You’re an amazing aunt!

I just bought my first Maxi Twilly today! It’s so beautiful... I’ll have to experiment with using it as a belt. I’m pretty tomboy style and rarely wear dresses, but I love the look of a slender belt on a dress. I’m tall and wear mostly jeans or black pants with tees and leather jackets. The larger scale belts suit me best, and every Hermes SA has agreed! The 42mm belt is now my most narrow. I’m 5’9” 135 and need heft to balance me out. Plus, all those jeans!

Your nieces are incredibly lucky to get your 90s, that’s my ideal size! Plus Hermes for a young woman? I’ve waited decades to get here. You’re an amazing aunt!

So nice to hear about your style [emoji3] Thank you, I spoil my nieces to pieces [emoji173]️ but they are doing well at school and with their studies so I like to reward their hard work. My oldest niece is about to graduate and there is a B35 she chose herself in Paris waiting for her in an orange box with a matching 32 belt and buckle ( been waiting for 2 yrs).

I think the 42 looks great for your proportions, I can imagine that the leather jackets also work stylewise with a bit more leather around the waist or boots. I’m 5’6” and small/medium for reference so the 32s are good on me. The slimmer 24s don’t fill the beltloops in jeans, but the 32s are perfect, so the 24s are stricktly for dresses. If I was really petite I think the 24s would look great with jeans.