Seasonal Official Bottega Veneta Spring/Summer 2013 Thread - post pics and discuss here!

A closer look at the detail... I already posted on the BV Unique Weaving thread but reposting here since a few folks have expressed interest on this knot. The last color that I don't have a close-up weave pic is Nero, but I'm sure you can all imagine what that looks like in detail.

Poussin

2085329d1361900648-bottegas-unique-weaving-and-treatment-processes-dscn2500.jpg

Antique

2085327d1361900648-bottegas-unique-weaving-and-treatment-processes-dscn2498.jpg

Appia

2085330d1361900648-bottegas-unique-weaving-and-treatment-processes-dscn2501.jpg

TDL, thanks for posting the knot. I am going to the BV Boutique on Sunday. Hope the SF store has this so I can see IRL. I am waiting to see our SO knot looks like. Otherwise, this knot is very tempting too :smile:

A closer look at the detail... I already posted on the BV Unique Weaving thread but reposting here since a few folks have expressed interest on this knot. The last color that I don't have a close-up weave pic is Nero, but I'm sure you can all imagine what that looks like in detail.

Poussin

img.purseforum.com/attachments/premier-designers/bottega-veneta/2085329d1361900648-bottegas-unique-weaving-and-treatment-processes-dscn2500.jpg

Antique

img.purseforum.com/attachments/premier-designers/bottega-veneta/2085327d1361900648-bottegas-unique-weaving-and-treatment-processes-dscn2498.jpg

Appia

img.purseforum.com/attachments/premier-designers/bottega-veneta/2085330d1361900648-bottegas-unique-weaving-and-treatment-processes-dscn2501.jpg

hi

thanks so much for all the gorgeous pictures!!! Appia is turning out to be really lovely!!!

Since you already have Poussin, please do post pictures!! Would you describe Poussin as yellow or a neutral shade like beige???

I am planning to purchase a Medium Veneta in a neutral tan/brown shade. I like the Eduardo (color code 2599), but find it a tad darker than ideal for me.
I have not seen the Eduardo Junior color in person. Does the Medium Veneta come in the Eduardo Jr. color and what is the code for this color?

While the below link on Barneys for a messenger bag says "Eduardo" as the color, it looks lighter to me than the Eduardo I saw before - could this be the Eduardo Junior color?
http://www.barneys.com/Bottega-Vene...ium=ShopStyle.com&utm_campaign=Primary Banner

Also, do you know which stores would carry the medium Veneta in this lighter brown? TIA

TDL, how do you like the poussin knot? Is poussin color lighter? I am a bit concern of its light color because we hold the knot a lot by hands. Thus, sweat, dirt can be seen easily in the poussin. Thoughts?

^^^ The poussin knot... the color is light but it's not light beige as most people think. The same one in Antique is even more worrisome because it's off-white. If you're concerned that there will be some slight discoloration over time due to constant use then I'd say that it's something that comes with any light colored piece (ie. beige, flesh, light grey, white, etc.)

I personally am prepared for this to eventually happen to my knot and I'm ok with it. I chose this color because I already have a dark mettalic knot and wanted a lighter neutral. Unlike some people, I actually like the patina that develops on most leather pieces. It gives it a lot of character in my opinion. I also don't see myself using it constantly for days on end. It is a knot after all and I mostly use mine for parties or special occasions. And even during those times, it would either be sitting on my lap or the table most of the time so it's really not bad.

good news for those who missed the butterflies knot in 2013 - they've re-issued it!
I have seen one in Dubai Bloomingdales, but sorry, didn't ask about the price...