Seasonal Official Bottega Veneta Early Fall & Fall Winter 2016 - post pics & discuss here!

I posted the bags from this collection on the first page of this thread.
If the photo transfer (from the old forum platform to this one) doesn't work out, I will re-post them in a couple of days.

Bottega Veneta Fall RTW 2016

By Bridget Foley
Tomas Maier‘s experimental runway bravado is laudable — he takes chances. But at times that penchant for pushing has led him into too artsy terrain, places that have felt unnatural and forced. Not this time. For the best of his fall collection, Maier grounded himself in what felt like the perfect place for Bottega Veneta – one of high chic based on polished, unfussy clothes.

Maier opened with clothes discreet in cut and devoid of adornment if not gravitas; this was sportswear with swagger as befits a worldly woman of stature and confidence. “I like it when effects are not so obvious,” he said in his program notes. “Something that’s usually very fancy doesn’t need to be. It can be done differently.”

He started strong, a look basic in concept — black coat, sweater and pants. But with each piece impeccably fashioned in cashmere, it looked like luxury, radiating modern patrician authority. Maier then developed his luxe sportswear motif, focusing tailoring with coats and jackets variously straight and belted over trousers. Along the way, he intensified his surface interest from that clean slate of black cashmere: men’s wear checks; leopard-printed calf hair; bright tartan collar on wool jacket. When he embellished, it was with a cool hand, flecking coats in mannish tweeds with sparkly embroideries.

Still, Maier wanted to deliver a lineup of individual pieces of “complexity and uniqueness.” Some dresses carried the sturdy patterned motif into a yet still connected direction that looked great. Particularly appealing: one in black and blue with a cashmere and Lurex sweater-knit bodice and plaid skirt. But then, whether in service of diversity or safety, Maier hedged. Though pretty, dresses in pairings of sheer and printed floral fabrics retreated from the powerful mood, and the quartet that closed the show, knit dresses with lingerie constructions, seemed to have wandered in from a random boudoir.

Still, the good was great, and rare these days: clothes with a simplicity that swung masterful rather than mundane.

*article courtesy of WWD

LOVE this coat and bag. Any idea of the price on the coat?View attachment 3291118
I'd imagine that coat would be somewhere in the order of $7000-$8000 when it hits the boutiques in a few months.

Your coat is available now through the boutiques. I was off on the price a little (okay more that a little). I knew it would be pricey, but I didn't think it would be this much :no:
Screen Shot 2016-09-04 at 6.24.12 PM.png

Reactions: jbags07
Just updating this thread with pictures of the bags that were available for Fall/Winter 2016
I thought it would serve as a nice reference :flowers:

Clutch Bag in Intrecciato Karung, Embroidered Details. $4,650 USD
Available in Peony (shown), Pacific and Ardoise
Screen Shot 2016-09-24 at 7.34.38 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-09-24 at 7.44.12 PM.png

Shoulder Bag in Prusse Pacific Intrecciato Ayers Club Leather - $3,450 USD
Screen Shot 2016-09-24 at 7.57.13 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-09-24 at 7.58.13 PM.png

Shoulder Bag in Barolo Calf Leather, Intrecciato Details - $2,800 USD
Screen Shot 2016-09-24 at 8.00.10 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-09-24 at 8.02.01 PM.png

Reactions: jbags07
Shoulder Bag in Most Nappa Leather, Intrecciato Details - $1,980 USD
Also Available in Nero
Screen Shot 2016-09-24 at 8.03.59 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-09-24 at 8.03.31 PM.png

Small Olimpia Bag in Mist Multicolour Embroidered Intrecciato Nappa - $3,500 USD
Also available in Nero
Screen Shot 2016-09-24 at 8.11.57 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-09-24 at 8.12.11 PM.png