Official bottega veneta chat thread - thread #4

I didn't think my question merited its own thread - do Cervo Hobos stretch out over time? I'm not very tall to begin with, and when empty I can hold it in my hand and keep it from grazing the floor, but with stuff in it it's pretty close. I just received one that was labelled as cobalt on the Neiman's website as I recall, but their interior tag says Bluette. Thoughts? I have wanted a Cervo Hobo for a while now. The deerskin picks up the bright colors so beautifully, but it really isn't a critical need for me right now.
I am the Cervo Hobo Nut Case who pops in every so often, and - they may stretch, but I've never carried them by the handle just hanging down beside me, as I am not tall enough to do that. I will grab a bunch o' handle and hand-carry that way, or it stays on my shoulder, where it is soooo comfy that NO other bag will EVER take its place.

ETA: I somehow think that a hobo is not meant to be carried in the hand, but on the shoulder, if that helps your decision-making process.

My 2¢

I am the Cervo Hobo Nut Case who pops in every so often, and - they may stretch, but I've never carried them by the handle just hanging down beside me, as I am not tall enough to do that. I will grab a bunch o' handle and hand-carry that way, or it stays on my shoulder, where it is soooo comfy that NO other bag will EVER take its place.

ETA: I somehow think that a hobo is not meant to be carried in the hand, but on the shoulder, if that helps your decision-making process.

My 2¢
+1

I didn't think my question merited its own thread - do Cervo Hobos stretch out over time? I'm not very tall to begin with, and when empty I can hold it in my hand and keep it from grazing the floor, but with stuff in it it's pretty close. I just received one that was labelled as cobalt on the Neiman's website as I recall, but their interior tag says Bluette. Thoughts? I have wanted a Cervo Hobo for a while now. The deerskin picks up the bright colors so beautifully, but it really isn't a critical need for me right now.

There is a tag in the bag that says bluette
I have never seen a BV bag with a tag that gave the name of the color
Just curious here
Could you post a pic of the tag

Reactions: ksuromax
There is a tag in the bag that says bluette
I have never seen a BV bag with a tag that gave the name of the color
Just curious here
Could you post a pic of the tag

I wish I could quote multiple posts above - all of you have been so helpful. It's actually not the BV tag but a Neiman's tag that says Bluette, as does the shipping receipt. I have it packed up to return. The reason I was concerned about the grazing the ground is that I often grab bags by the very top of the handle - as I'm getting out of the car, or letting it slide off my shoulder to put on a sofa or something, and it very easily could dash against the ground. That's fine in a way, not letting the bag impact my daily habits, but in the end, I decided against keeping it. I agree, the shoulder carry is a very natural feeling for the Cervo Hobo. Absolutely gorgeous bag! Deerskin has such a nice way of picking up bright colors.

I wish I could quote multiple posts above - all of you have been so helpful. It's actually not the BV tag but a Neiman's tag that says Bluette, as does the shipping receipt. I have it packed up to return. The reason I was concerned about the grazing the ground is that I often grab bags by the very top of the handle - as I'm getting out of the car, or letting it slide off my shoulder to put on a sofa or something, and it very easily could dash against the ground. That's fine in a way, not letting the bag impact my daily habits, but in the end, I decided against keeping it. I agree, the shoulder carry is a very natural feeling for the Cervo Hobo. Absolutely gorgeous bag! Deerskin has such a nice way of picking up bright colors.
Your reasoning makes perfect sense! It's all in what we're used to and prefer, which is why there are so many styles. Something for everyone :heart:

I too have had my mind elsewhere. To be perfectly candid--and I know we're not supposed to discuss politics--I'm just struggling with the 'change.' I find myself so incredibly sad and overwhelmed by it. I am trying to get past these feelings so I can move onto more constructive behavior. The only thing that is benefitting from my current state is my AMEX card--that retail therapy can't even fix this is saying something!!!

I've also got a ton of work going on in an area where I don't have a lot of knowledge so I'm learning as quickly as I can.

I too have had my mind elsewhere. To be perfectly candid--and I know we're not supposed to discuss politics--I'm just struggling with the 'change.' I find myself so incredibly sad and overwhelmed by it. I am trying to get past these feelings so I can move onto more constructive behavior. The only thing that is benefitting from my current state is my AMEX card--that retail therapy can't even fix this is saying something!!!

I've also got a ton of work going on in an area where I don't have a lot of knowledge so I'm learning as quickly as I can.

Same here but my AMEX card has been pretty tired in the past two months. I also have some personal pain to deal with. I have also been busy preparing for Chinese New Year.

P.S. A few of reveals are to be expected.

I saw a BV croc medallion (?) for the Year of the Rooster on instagram and asked Danah to find out about it. Turns out it was a key ring. They also come in coin pouches. I wanted to share them as they are so beautiful and not on any US retail sites I've looked at.
Wouldn't they be gorgeous as a charm hanging on a bag?!
Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 8.35.56 PM.png
Key rings ($850) above Coin pouches ($1100) below
Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 8.35.31 PM.png

Sorry for your pain BV_LC_poodle. What kind of preparations are you making for Chinese New Year?

I have made some Radish Cakes, Taro Cakes and rice cakes. We won't cook during the first 10 days of the new year. According to our customs, the Kitchen God will take a vacation and report to the Heaven Emperor how good each household has been. The stove (fire) is not watched/protected while He is away. Therefore we are supposed to cook. The above prepared dishes are what we will eat.

I have also finished some shopping. We wear new underwears, new pjs and slippers on CNY's eve. I have also finished cleaning up and donating some clothing and shoes. We don't sweep/clean for the first 10 days.

I have bathed Nickel and given him a groom. Humans got haircuts too. I have also prepared red pockets for our nephews and nieces. Ah, I need to set up alarms to call our seniors in the different parts of the world.

That's about it. This is the simplified version of our celebration here :smile:

I am adopting CNY customs and not sweeping until February 8th. Because, hey why not? I like it when other cultures/customs work to my advantage :lol:
I have a hair consult this week but I'm not going to cut it until late February. I need all the luck I can get.
Any Roosters here?
my son is a Rooster, i am representing a leaving Monkey
so we plan (without being anyhow related to China :biggrin:) to please the Rooster in the house, so our son will be pleased in many ways :biggrin:
Monkey was kind to us, hope Rooster will be the same :smile: