Ode to the Roulis

I'd been stalking Celine red box for a long long time but didn't feel the luv once I held it on my shoulder & don't like delicate leather. I've also never really like Constance H-metal looks at all but I wanted a similar bag.
I've finally seen it in this Roulis design. Thanks for yr pics.
I luv your bag, size, colour, practicality of the strap & the compartments!! Totally But I'm still waiting for a Lindy 30 first!
Hi mimoko! I have a 30 lindy and totally love it. What type of leather, color and hardware are you in love with?

I love that back pocket on the Chanel flaps, too! Perfect size for a subway card, lol!

Don't shoot me, everyone, but I think I like the Roulis more than the Constance

catsinthebag, I agree! I have a black box Constance in the 23 size and it holds less than the roulis because the edges are rounded whereas the roulis edges are squared. Also, I find that the roulis is easier to get in and out with.

I love the fact that these days I see an Hermes price tag for $6150 and my my eyes pop because I think "wow, that's a really good price!"

wigglytuff, I completely know what you mean. I've become almost desensitized by price point due to shopping at H.

I am really loving the Roulis! Lala, you have become a one woman-marketing campaign for this new style.

pond23, gosh I hope not! That would be scary! :graucho: I think the roulis is a harder sell than other bags until you actually try one on.

Lala28, this is a gorgeous bag on you. Enjoy it!

zoebag, thanks, I will! I make a point of rotating through all of my handbags so that they get equal screen time! If a bag falls out of rotation, then I realize it was not the best bag for me.

Today i saw the roulis in sanguine being sold in a market, and of course it is fake! :sad:
So fast the design being copied !!!

Crazy! I'm surprised that counterfeiters took the time and effort to copy a bag that hasn't yet developed a great following because it's still new to H.

Thanks for all the eye candy lala28! Your Roulis is beautiful and you look fabulous, as always. I haven't really considered anything this size b/c I'm tall so I always thought it would look odd on me; however, I tried on a Noir Fjord at my store and it was love at first sight! Now I know this style works for me, I'm debating between an etoupe Roulis or a gold Constance. Ah decisions decisions. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Hi poptarts! What kind of leather are you considering for the Constance? Mine is black box so it has a very different look and feel than my roulis. The edges of the Constance are tapered inward whereas the edges of the roulis are squared off so it holds more. Also, the roulis has contrast stitching in all colors whereas the Constance does not. Just something else to consider.

lala28- I'd luv to have a gold, ebene or cafe clemence Lindy 30. So far I've seen an orange clemence Lindy 30 & tried it on (it was already purchased by another customer). I'd like to see the comparison of 34 and 30 too if I do get a chance to choose.
You've such a fabulous collection of H!

Hi poptarts! What kind of leather are you considering for the Constance? Mine is black box so it has a very different look and feel than my roulis. The edges of the Constance are tapered inward whereas the edges of the roulis are squared off so it holds more. Also, the roulis has contrast stitching in all colors whereas the Constance does not. Just something else to consider.

Most likely gold Epsom (I love the look of box but I don't trust myself with it :sad: ). Chocolate would be my second choice even though I'm normally not into brown, but it's beautiful in a Constance. Finding one in 29cm will be a challenge as there aren't as many of them. Fingers crossed! :P

Thanks for all the info Lala! It looks so good on you :tup:

I'm lusting over this new bag as well. Will they be hard to find in stores? Should I try to get a SA to track one down?

I haven't seen any Roulis in stores for a while now - does anyone know whether the Roulis will continue to be offered even though a sort of similar bag (I can't remember the name but it has the carseat like details) is coming out SS 2012?

^lala28, from the Spring press presentation, there's a couple of Roulis in new Spring colours. I believe it'd still continue its production. It's still early to discontinue this design. I think it will eventually become like the Shoulder Kelly, initially released in during the release year's colors before eventually, continue to be available in the following season colors.

IFFAH said:
^lala28, from the Spring press presentation, there's a couple of Roulis in new Spring colours. I believe it'd still continue its production. It's still early to discontinue this design. I think it will eventually become like the Shoulder Kelly, initially released in during the release year's colors before eventually, continue to be available in the following season colors.

Thanks, IFFAH!

I LOVE this bag Lala - it might make me break my ban....! I adore cross body smaller bags and the contrast stitching is heavenly. Sanguine, Natural or Etrusque are beckoning me! Thanks for the great photos and modeling!

lanit said:
I LOVE this bag Lala - it might make me break my ban....! I adore cross body smaller bags and the contrast stitching is heavenly. Sanguine, Natural or Etrusque are beckoning me! Thanks for the great photos and modeling!

Hi lanit! In case you're wondering about capacity, it holds more than the Constance 24 (MM)! Right now the Roulis is offered only with white contrast stitching (which is not a complaint of mine), but hopefully H will expand its offerings soon!

I just learned a historical fact about the Roulis - it's predecessor is the vintage Fonsbelle.

Photos courtesy of eBay.

Attachments

• image-2638501193.jpg
    image-2638501193.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 2,184
  • image-451639823.jpg
    image-451639823.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 2,186
Lala,
You wear the Roulis so well. I find myself coming back here to see these pics over and over again!

Here is my tracking report for those on the hunt for this bag:
KOP didn't order any this season.
Madison has only gotten 2 this year..(reg leather)
Wall St, my SA has only seen 1(white with ghw)
I've cked Manhasset as well and I forgot what they said, but nada is the answer for now.

:sad: The price point is pretty good for the bag(wonder what's the new price after the increase) but I can't even find one to try on...It's a love and hate relationship with Hermes now!! :pout:

Lala- Love your new bag. First time to see this and in such a pretty color. You wear it well especially as a cross body bag.

I think you'll be kicked out of BAN Island as you violated the rules !!

minismurf04 said:
Lala,
You wear the Roulis so well. I find myself coming back here to see these pics over and over again!

Here is my tracking report for those on the hunt for this bag:
KOP didn't order any this season.
Madison has only gotten 2 this year..(reg leather)
Wall St, my SA has only seen 1(white with ghw)
I've cked Manhasset as well and I forgot what they said, but nada is the answer for now.

:sad: The price point is pretty good for the bag(wonder what's the new price after the increase) but I can't even find one to try on...It's a love and hate relationship with Hermes now!! :pout:

Charlotte had a few- etoupe, sanguine and Mykonos (regular leather)
Houston had a few- etoupe, sanguine, Mykonos

To my knowledge, US didn't receive Mykonos in matte croc in the Roulis but other countries did. Haven't seen any newer colors yet!