Ode to the Evelyne

I am shocked that H.com has so many great options for the Evelyne now. Drooling over the Mykonos color, but I'm too practical and prefer neutrals.

I ordered a Gold with GHW Evelyne PM from H.com, I currently have this combo in a TPM size too. Also have an Evelyne PM in Etoupe with PHW. Too much to have the three?? :smile:

Reactions: CMilly
I am shocked that H.com has so many great options for the Evelyne now. Drooling over the Mykonos color, but I'm too practical and prefer neutrals.

I ordered a Gold with GHW Evelyne PM from H.com, I currently have this combo in a TPM size too. Also have an Evelyne PM in Etoupe with PHW. Too much to have the three?? :smile:
Absolutely not too much. I have the TPM gold Evie and would easily have the PM in gold (I have Noir PM PHW and also um two other TPMs). I use all my Evies...it's just a great bag.

Absolutely not. Enjoy your wonderful bags.

Reactions: crisbac
Hi everyone. This thread has so much eye candy!! I’d like to ask those who use a fendi strap with their evelyne (particularly the ones with studs or flowers) how do you find the strap compared to the original hermes ones? Are the fendi ones practical? Comfortable to wear? I would appreciate your input. Some mod pix would also be the cherry on top :smile:. Thank you !

Hi everyone. This thread has so much eye candy!! I’d like to ask those who use a fendi strap with their evelyne (particularly the ones with studs or flowers) how do you find the strap compared to the original hermes ones? Are the fendi ones practical? Comfortable to wear? I would appreciate your input. Some mod pix would also be the cherry on top :smile:. Thank you !
I don’t have the floral one. You can’t adjust the fendi one so it is shoulder length. The Hermès one you can crossbody.

Attachments

• 67D29AA5-1E2F-4B1F-96BF-74531D1C1672.jpeg
    67D29AA5-1E2F-4B1F-96BF-74531D1C1672.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 549
I just got a noir with GHW, my first Hermes bag. I find the bag without any strap quite heavy and the nylon strap makes it way too heavy. What are some substitute lighter shorter straps you can recommend? I’m hoping for something around 35 inches. TIA.

I just got a noir with GHW, my first Hermes bag. I find the bag without any strap quite heavy and the nylon strap makes it way too heavy. What are some substitute lighter shorter straps you can recommend? I’m hoping for something around 35 inches. TIA.
I do not have a suggestion, but I would like to say that I do not like the adjustable straps....too much going on with all that metal. I have several older Evelynes with non adjustable straps which are lighter. You could have a custom strap made by Hermes without the extra hardware to adjust it with and have it made the exact length you want.
My older Evelynes do not hang down as low as many are wearing them with the adjustable strap.

If price is not an issue you can look at some of the 'extra' straps that H sells. They come in deferent lengths, materials and thicknesses.

As long as the strap is not (too) subpar in terms of quality to the bag it will still look good. personally, I don't find it a very heavy combo (PM - 29 and Clemence) unless loaded, of course weight it a subjective assessment. My only extra strap besides Hermes (OK - and Gucci) is a Cartujano, even in leather it's a little lighter.

Reactions: EpiFanatic
If price is not an issue you can look at some of the 'extra' straps that H sells. They come in deferent lengths, materials and thicknesses.

As long as the strap is not (too) subpar in terms of quality to the bag it will still look good. personally, I don't find it a very heavy combo (PM - 29 and Clemence) unless loaded, of course weight it a subjective assessment. My only extra strap besides Hermes (OK - and Gucci) is a Cartujano, even in leather it's a little lighter.
Thank you for your suggestions. I’m actually quite weight sensitive due to a cervical spine injury so I need very light crossbody bags. Believe it or not, I use a food scale to weigh my SLGs to find the lightest functional ones I can find. I find Balenciagas to be light enough for me. But I wanted to give H a try. I did see an H strap that was nice but can’t fork out $2k for a leather strap. I wonder if there is a thread where people post other workable reasonably priced straps. I also noticed that because the body of the bag is quite long, and I’m just 5’2, the shorter the strap the less pressure on my shoulder. If I find anything reasonable I will post.

Thank you for your suggestions. I’m actually quite weight sensitive due to a cervical spine injury so I need very light crossbody bags. Believe it or not, I use a food scale to weigh my SLGs to find the lightest functional ones I can find. I find Balenciagas to be light enough for me. But I wanted to give H a try. I did see an H strap that was nice but can’t fork out $2k for a leather strap. I wonder if there is a thread where people post other workable reasonably priced straps. I also noticed that because the body of the bag is quite long, and I’m just 5’2, the shorter the strap the less pressure on my shoulder. If I find anything reasonable I will post.
Can you return the Evelyn? It is an expensive bag to have to modify. If you bought the same bag used with a non adjustable strap I think you might like it. The used older Evelynes have much shorter straps. Finding one with GHW could be difficult.
The Evelyne is a very useful bag. I am sorry you are having this issue with it.

Reactions: Joy2006 and CMilly