Ode To Swift

Hello dear swift lovers, have you heard from your SAs that the new batch of swift leathers are supposed to be improved and more hard-wearing? Would be grateful if someone can share some experience with old and new swift. Thanks!!

Good to know. Fortunately I almost never wear jeans.

Pinkiestarlet, what color is your Berline? Please let me know how the spa goes.

Is color transfer only an issue with denim?

I posted this over at the Berline thread and I remembered BBC wanted to know how the spa went so I'm reposting it here too.

I just collected my Berline back from spa and I have to say I'm so happy with the end results. It's a pity I don't have before pictures for comparison.

Basically, it had very bad denim transfer on the back as I used it constantly as my go-to bag and I wear mostly denim. There were also some black marks on the bottom and the front that weren't water marks. Later the artisan told me it was some kind of chemical stain or might be even burnt marks as the affected area was drier and shrivelled as compared to the rest of the bag. I seriously have no idea what happened to it [emoji33] so I was in total shock when she told me that.

Thankfully they managed to salvage it and though I'm not one to baby my bags, neither am I one who abuses them thus I will be more mindful in future [emoji28]

View attachment 3742215View attachment 3742217View attachment 3742218
View attachment 3742219

I posted this over at the Berline thread and I remembered BBC wanted to know how the spa went so I'm reposting it here too.

I just collected my Berline back from spa and I have to say I'm so happy with the end results. It's a pity I don't have before pictures for comparison.

Basically, it had very bad denim transfer on the back as I used it constantly as my go-to bag and I wear mostly denim. There were also some black marks on the bottom and the front that weren't water marks. Later the artisan told me it was some kind of chemical stain or might be even burnt marks as the affected area was drier and shrivelled as compared to the rest of the bag. I seriously have no idea what happened to it [emoji33] so I was in total shock when she told me that.

Thankfully they managed to salvage it and though I'm not one to baby my bags, neither am I one who abuses them thus I will be more mindful in future [emoji28]

View attachment 3742219

Thanks soooo much for remembering! It looks great!!!

View attachment 3742219
I'm researching about swift but I cannot see the pictures. Do I have to have some special rights? I'm an OG! lol :lol:

Beautiful. Good to know that Swift can be restored by spa. :heart:

Yes, I'm very pleased with the results as I thought the denim transfer was unsalvageable but H proved me wrong. However, with that being said, my personal opinion is that Swift is still a much more delicate leather as compared to say Togo or Clemence so in future I will have to be more careful [emoji28]

Reactions: allanrvj
Seeing as i now have a swift beauty in my collection may as well share it here[emoji175] so far i have made the conscious effort not to wear dark denim with this. I am paranoid of colour transfer however it can't really be carried on the crook of the arm more on the forearm and since i wear long tops i probably shouldn't be so overparanoid[emoji29]
IMG_20170624_011902_525.jpegIMG_20170619_133943_222.jpegIMG_20170609_142241_598.jpeg

Reactions: PurseOnFleek
Reactions: PurseOnFleek