Ode to Chevre

Hi!

Can anybody provide feedback on Chevre leather for birkins? I have been offered a gorgeous black Chevre leather with pink stitching. I don’t have any bags in Chevre so I don’t know much about it. Would love to hear feedback from people that have birkins or Kelly in this leather. How does it do with water, scratches, holding shape, etc.

Thank you!!
I have a chevre B35. It’s 7 years old and looks brand new. I love that leather. It feels luxurious, has a slight sheen to it, keeps its shape, and is weather tolerant. How does the pink stitching look?

Reactions: golconda
Gorgeous! How is the leather holding up? Any issues with corners scratching?
The leather looks just like the very day I brought it home. No signs of wear on the corners that I could tell. Then again, I'm not inspecting/scrutinizing my bag in detail. If you're trying to decide on the Chevre B30 that you're being offered, go in and take a look at the bag. You'll know if it's for you when you look at it. Good luck!

Why do you keep asking about corners scratching? Any bag will scratch on corners if you handle it poorly.... chèvre is very amazing leather and is very light weight! I have a b30 and it’s 3 years old.. looks brand new and no corner scratching. I’d grab it and run!!!

I have issues with my epsom birkin scratching in the corners as well as my evercolor Kelly. Haven’t had any issues with Togo. Just curious if this leather would act more like Togo vs Epsom or evercolor

I have issues with my epsom birkin scratching in the corners as well as my evercolor Kelly. Haven’t had any issues with Togo. Just curious if this leather would act more like Togo vs Epsom or evercolor
Oh ok... so I don't think anyone can really say for sure because I personally believe it's the wearer, not the bag. Corner wear occurs on all leathers. While I agree Epsom is particularly problematic.... it's NOT because it is delicate but because it's hard to spa to look new. The other leathers will wear but they spa very well. Chevre is my absolute favorite leather and so far has been VERY hearty and no corner wear. I would not worry about this leather wearing anything like Epsom or swift for that matter dear. I can't comment on evercolor bc I have no experience with this leather.

Reactions: trishaluvslv
Oh ok... so I don't think anyone can really say for sure because I personally believe it's the wearer, not the bag. Corner wear occurs on all leathers. While I agree Epsom is particularly problematic.... it's NOT because it is delicate but because it's hard to spa to look new. The other leathers will wear but they spa very well. Chevre is my absolute favorite leather and so far has been VERY hearty and no corner wear. I would not worry about this leather wearing anything like Epsom or swift for that matter dear. I can't comment on evercolor bc I have no experience with this leather.

Thank you for the feedback :smile: I’m gonna get it. I already have a very dark brown birkin in Togo that at night looks black so if I’m gonna do black, having it in a different leather probably makes sense. I’ll post a reveal tonight :smile: