Odd experience at Burberry boutique

I'm curious what you meant by appearance matters? I did purposely mention my work uniform in my OP. I think my work group is known more for carrying fakes than not being paid well. But I did wonder if my uniform might have something to do with it? I just find the whole thing odd. It appears it doesn't happen often due to the lack of replies on here and most ended up being about someones Dad. :biggrin:

Quality of service, treatment, and SA attitude may matter based on the client's appearance and what they're wearing.

As for your uniform, maybe, maybe not. Hard to tell because it may be a stereotype or generalization or the SA's personal bias.

My work clothes definitely gives the bias or assumption of having money, so it doesn't matter if I wear my regular clothes or my work clothes.

My SA at SL told me a construction worker came into the store to buy something for his significant other. Which was cute but he did truck in mud from his boots all over their brand new rug. My SA wasn't the one helping him but I'm sure that would even put me off. (not saying you would bring in mud to a store, this is an extreme example that just came to mind)

Unfortunately, this happened to me as well— wearing a decent vacation shorts, LP shirt and H Evelyne , it really doesn’t matter what I was wearing but the first thing the SA did was look me up and down- followed by “pls know they’re expensive! “ so I just walked away—- no words. Never again….

Wow I'm so sorry you or anyone had to experience that! Literally wtf moment... I've never had that happen before the rare occasion that I walk in but I'm surprised others have also experienced this at their local boutique!

Quality of service, treatment, and SA attitude may matter based on the client's appearance and what they're wearing.

As for your uniform, maybe, maybe not. Hard to tell because it may be a stereotype or generalization or the SA's personal bias.

My work clothes definitely gives the bias or assumption of having money, so it doesn't matter if I wear my regular clothes or my work clothes.

My SA at SL told me a construction worker came into the store to buy something for his significant other. Which was cute but he did truck in mud from his boots all over their brand new rug. My SA wasn't the one helping him but I'm sure that would even put me off. (not saying you would bring in mud to a store, this is an extreme example that just came to mind)
My husband and his brother are successful construction workers and their money is just as green as everyone else's. They have bought me and my sister in law plenty of luxury items and I hate the snobby attitudes they've had to experience along the way. We're much more apt to make bigger purchases when we're treated respectfully. You never know how much money someone has. If we won the lottery he would still be a grubby construction worker because he loves it. We have a friend who is a farmer and owns many farms that he leases out and he has a plane.

My husband and his brother are successful construction workers and their money is just as green as everyone else's. They have bought me and my sister in law plenty of luxury items and I hate the snobby attitudes they've had to experience along the way. We're much more apt to make bigger purchases when we're treated respectfully. You never know how much money someone has. If we won the lottery he would still be a grubby construction worker because he loves it. We have a friend who is a farmer and owns many farms that he leases out and he has a plane.
Apologies if I struck a nerve.
To clarify, at least in this instance, I don't believe the construction worker was treated poorly.
At least the way my SA described it, she did not seem mad about it. But I suppose it was something she noticed or perhaps it was enough to bother other SA's.

At the end of the day, they all shut up when we all bring out our card (or cash) to pay. :P

As I stated previously: "Of course, at the end of the day, professionalism should be everywhere regardless of appearance and location. Management plays a big role in education and brand portrayal. I suppose just wish for the best and try not to get upset. Take your money to places that you enjoy and that treat you well. :smile: "

Apologies if I struck a nerve.
To clarify, at least in this instance, I don't believe the construction worker was treated poorly.
At least the way my SA described it, she did not seem mad about it. But I suppose it was something she noticed or perhaps it was enough to bother other SA's.

At the end of the day, they all shut up when we all bring out our card (or cash) to pay. :P

As I stated previously: "Of course, at the end of the day, professionalism should be everywhere regardless of appearance and location. Management plays a big role in education and brand portrayal. I suppose just wish for the best and try not to get upset. Take your money to places that you enjoy and that treat you well. :smile: "
Definitely not upset with you although it may have come across that way. I apologize! I'm upset for the person in uniform, the construction workers, those in athleisure and anyone else judged by their appearance. And I agree with you that appearance matters. I just don't like it. LOL.

Definitely not upset with you although it may have come across that way. I apologize! I'm upset for the person in uniform, the construction workers, those in athleisure and anyone else judged by their appearance. And I agree with you that appearance matters. I just don't like it. LOL.
Oh no worries! Just felt a little bad because I can get very hot headed about these situations and go off on a rant in my head. :lol: I felt like, oh no, I hope I didn’t put you in a bad mood.
Yes I definitely agree. It sucks that people are judged in these ways. Unprofessional and disappointing.:sad:

This is not a common thing at Burberry. I can't even count how many times I've been to a Burberry store over the years and it's never happened to me. I have been to many Burberry locations even in different cities. You are right to think that the SAs were rude and judgmental.

If I were you, I'd just cut them off and ignore them and continue to look at the item that interested me. Give them attitude like THEY are crass for raising the issue of money.

Not everyone working in luxury boutiques is well trained

Reactions: Joeli7