Oak Emmy/Alana?

blivlien

O.G.
Jan 10, 2008
Hi all,

I'm a Mulberry newbie (normally in the MJ forum), but I love the look of the Mulberry bags. I was just wondering are the emmy and alana bag the same? I'm just getting confused when I do a search in the threads...If not the same, what are their measurements? Does anyone know how heavy it is? Is it comfortable to carry on the shoulder for long? Oh and does the oak colour get dirty easily? Is it easy to clean?

Sorry for all the questions!

TIA :smile:

The Emmy is the big sister of the Alana. The Emmy is very similar but longer & has pockets on either end. It also has two straps.
The Alana has no pockets on the ends & has a single strap. I found the Emmy quite heavy. I have an Alana in black & it's really comfy to carry. If you have a look in the reference thread there are pics of both bags.

Yes, it does. It takes a while to soften as it's quite a structured bag but I've found that mine is now pretty squishy. The ends keep their shape and the middle section (where the flap goes over) has become very soft.

Thanks for letting me know :smile:

I was just wondering how much can you fit in your Alana? I normally carry around a book, 500ml bottle of water, ipod nano, keys, bits of make up, purse, cardholder, packet of tissues, small umbrella, phone, and a few other small bits and pieces. Do you think it'd all fit in comfortably?!

I like these bags too but was worried about them staying 'square' when carried them. I didn't want my arm to be out sideways when I was carrying it on my shoulder - if you know what I mean?

Yeh I know what you mean. It's just uncomfortable to carry if your arm is sticking out! but if it squashes down, then that should be fine...
Not sure whether to buy it from ebay (trying to get a couple of oak ones authenticated atm in the other thread) or seeing if bicester has them. Anyone know how much they are there?

Bicester had a few when I went a couple of weeks ago but anything can happen between then and now. Also, I'm not sure whether they were Emmy's or Alana's.

I have given up buying bags from eBay - the fakes are getting too good and I just like to be sure. Most of the time its worth spending the extra money for - also, I've seen some bags sell for more on eBay than they are in the Outlets. I would say, try the outlets first (don't forget Cheshire Oaks and Shepton Mallet as well as Bicester)!

do they all do mail/phone orders? what are the numbers for shepton mallet and cheshire oaks? I tried googling it to no avail. lol so much for my bag ban...i've already broken it once!

I am not sure we should have given her any information at all...

She is on an indefinite purse ban!!
:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

Yeah right, we all say that....usually right before (and of course right AFTER) we buy a new bag!!!

lol kerilynn I'm awful! I've bought 6 bags within 4 months...lol my colleagues and my boyfriend always notice when I'm carrying a new one much to my embarrassment and inside whooping of joy! :roflmfao:

Shepton Mallet is 01749 340 583
Cheshire Oaks is 0151 357 3977

I'm pretty sure they all do Mail Order.

Shepton Mallet is the Factory Shop - I think the general view is that this is the best one.

Funnily enough, Alanas were £347 & Emmies were £297 the last time I was there. Not sure why the smaller bag was more than the bigger one - maybe Alanas are still popular whereas Emmies are older now & don't sell as well. Anyway, it does make Emmy a very good deal!