NYC VCA

That's so disappointing. Curious, did you let your SA know in advance that you were interested in trying on some 5 motifs? I mainly shop at the NYC boutiques too and the SA's there are usually really good at putting aside a few pieces for me to try on. But if I ask to see some random pieces I get told they don't have any in stock too, and bring out similar pieces for me to try on instead. It is possible that the client who were shown the 3 different 5 motifs have requested them & confirmed they're in stock prior scheduling the appointment (what I normally do since I'm not local), or have them pre-ordered. Who knows 🤷‍♀️
I wasn’t specific so this might have very well been the case. They weren’t rude by any means. And my mistake, I meant the 57th/Madison store. I think stock is quite low now all around.

I wasn’t specific so this might have very well been the case. They weren’t rude by any means. And my mistake, I meant the 57th/Madison store. I think stock is quite low now all around.
My SA said at the last visit, that they each get allocated pieces to sell, especially coveted ones.
I had an appointment and requested some pieces in particular (ring size) She told me that she wrote down « sold » on what I wanted to see and kept it in her cabinet or with her assistant so that nobody can take it away until I got there to try on. I asked because it looked like she had sold a lot on that day already and it was only 11am at opening! 🤣
I inquired also about something else and had to wait to see if one was available. Maybe they were checking with the other SAs.
Yes, stock is low. You should ask to order to see the pieces you would like. I don’t think you have to pay unless you are ordering hammered?

My SA said at the last visit, that they each get allocated pieces to sell, especially coveted ones.
I had an appointment and requested some pieces in particular (ring size) She told me that she wrote down « sold » on what I wanted to see and kept it in her cabinet or with her assistant so that nobody can take it away until I got there to try on. I asked because it looked like she had sold a lot on that day already and it was only 11am at opening! 🤣
I inquired also about something else and had to wait to see if one was available. Maybe they were checking with the other SAs.
Yes, stock is low. You should ask to order to see the pieces you would like. I don’t think you have to pay unless you are ordering hammered?
I do have a SA in another location and it seems you do have to pay in full for everything. I’ve been waiting 5 months now for another 10 motif.

• Sad
Reactions: stephbb9
I think it's the combination of limited stock and more people buying from the brand that make it harder to track down pieces that you want. The days where we can casually walk in and try on everything are long gone 😅 I agree with @stephbb9 that SA's work with each others and getting approval from the SM to reserve pieces for their clients. Whenever my SA texts me about the pieces I want to try on finally show up at the boutique, because I'm not a local and can't get there on the same day, it's usually a few days later to a week which I can make a trip there. My SA would get approval from the SM to hold those pieces for me until I can get there. It depends on the pieces, they may or may not ask for full deposit. I recalled paying full deposit on the carnelian/guilloche 5 motif and sweet 6 motif hammered, but other pieces I wanted to try on, like VA MOP earrings, various frivole and lotus pieces, and 5 motif in TE/BA I didn't have to pay, my SA would just text me when they become available and put them on hold for me to try on.

Last edited: