nyc lingerie/bra store

e_nmn_m

O.G.
Jan 4, 2006
I will be in NYC in a few weeks and in desperate need of new, basic, lingerie. Normally, I'd go to Bloomies, where the selection is amazing, but last time, had a tough time finding a good fitter. I need a large selection and a lot of sales help.

Can anyone recommend a good place, or make an appointment with a Bloomies personal shopper?

depends on what you're willing to spend.

personally for lingerie, i'd recommend Agent Provocateur or Kiki de Montparanasse, both which are in SoHo, on Mercer and Greene respectively.

^^ completely agree with Onederland on those recommendations, I'd also add LaPerla. If you don't want to spend as much check out Bergdorf Goodman. It is still pricey but there's more of a range both style and price wise ( u can find a bra for under $100 and not everything is so "sexy").

I like Journelle near Union Square. They have a website so you can check the selection before you go. Everything that they have is on the website. In general everyone who works there is a good fitter.

If you're getting the everyday basics take a look at Filene's Basement. They carry the microfiber Calvin Klein bras for half off. Not all styles are available and it's usually just balck and nude but works well for everyday.

In addition to Agent P., I recommend Century 21 near the former World Trade Center. There are lots of basics for rock bottom prices and fancy bras and underpants at low prices. The only problem is they don't allow you to try on bras/pants at the store. I usually buy a lot of bras, try them on at home and return the ones I don't like the next day.

For basic, everyday bras, try Town Shop, Intimacy, or Bra Smyth. They are all up town, and are known for expert fitting services and a wide range of basic bras in many prices sizes. Personally I had the best experience at Town Shop. For more fun lingerie, there's La Petite Coquette (not my personal fave but some like it), Journelle, Agent Provocateur, La Perla, Kiki de Montparnasse. As for Bloomingdale's, I would go there for selection, not service. They have a ton of brands and styles in their lingerie dept., but don't go looking for fitting services, I find their staff to be pretty horrible in every department, and I've had lingerie saleswomen who were downright rude.

i'm looking for a good lingerie store in nyc with a variety of sizes and not too expensive (like la perla, agent provacateur, etc). ideally things for less than $100 (like a zara or h&m with lingerie if that exists lol).