Nude high heels owners: please help!

Apr 26, 2009
Hi everyone! I want to purchase a nice pair of nude heels. They should be nude, pointed, and in patent leather with a 4"-ish heel. I was looking into Christian Louboutin for the model "Kate" or "Pigalles". But those shoes seem so uncomfortable, and the price is relatively high. Louboutins are luxurious and well-known though, and I always wanted those shoes in my collection. But probably not really the best choice.
Who agrees and says "no" to Kates and Pigalles? Who disagrees and supports the Kates and Pigalles as a good option? Who has a better option? Here are a few details about me: I am 5"1 and a fit petite, 34 years old. I wear dresses whenever I can. The shoe would be used on special occasions, and not for everyday. Please help me find a good nude high heel shoe! All advices are well appreciated! You can also post photos!

Reactions: PetiteAsian
I would suggest shopping in person for the shoes, that way you can try on and compare sizes and make sure they are comfortable. Nordstrom has good selection, some of the other department stores as well, some locations have CL even. I'm not sure if you only wanted high designer, but I really like my Cole Haan pointed patent pumps, I can wear them all day. I also find Stuart Weitzman, AGL, and Ecco heels very comfortable. You could also look at discount type places that carry a lot of shoes, such as Nordstrom Rack, Off Fifth, DSW, outlets, etc if you are patient and not in a hurry to find the shoes.

Reactions: antschulina
I have a pair of nude patent Pigalle 85 and I will wear them FOREVER.
I would suggest shopping in person for the shoes, that way you can try on and compare sizes and make sure they are comfortable. Nordstrom has good selection, some of the other department stores as well, some locations have CL even. I'm not sure if you only wanted high designer, but I really like my Cole Haan pointed patent pumps, I can wear them all day. I also find Stuart Weitzman, AGL, and Ecco heels very comfortable. You could also look at discount type places that carry a lot of shoes, such as Nordstrom Rack, Off Fifth, DSW, outlets, etc if you are patient and not in a hurry to find the shoes.
Thank you so much for the feedback! I will definitely have a look at all the options you suggested!

Reactions: DreamingBeauty
definitely check out the jimmy choos - i have multiple pairs of the romy 4", they are all i wear for high heels any more. if they don't start out comfortable, they never will be!
Such a great advice! Many thanks, the Choos look great on the website, I'll check them out soon at the store!

I am not a massive fan of CL pointed shoes, don’t find them very comfortable at all. I second the suggestions for Jimmy Choo (Romy 85mm is my favourite style but they come in different heights) and Gianvito Rossi Gianvitos (I prefer the lower 70mm heel but the higher ones are also beautiful). One of my favourite nude heels are from Rupert Sanderson - I find his shoes super comfortable. Manolo Blahnik BBs are also lovely. If you want a less expensive shoe try LK Bennett.