Not feeling the love

well said becca.

i have a few LVs but my love is Coach because the line changes so often and includes so many new and exciting pieces! i have the LV staples but i can never get enough coach.

I agree, COACH is so much fun! I think that's what being a handbag lover is all about. But I think all of us have been guilty of being a handbag snob to others. Like to the fakey fake lovers...hahaha.

But I know how it feels when you're the new person in other forums, don't know how to have yourself fit in. I want to get to know about the other designers, I love the designs! I want to one day have a piece from each. I just find that going to each forum as being a little overwhelming. I feel the most comfortable with COACH b/c I own some and I can relate the most to all of you. :yes:

Well, I dont visit the other handbag forums here, because I dont like any of those brands! Yep, I said it!

Im not big into the styles of Gucci, D&B and LV, Etc. I dont really like LV becaue of the colors and all the little LVs on it. LOL

And everyone here is so nice, so thats enough for me!

I do visit the eBay forum A LOT! And everyone is super nice there too!

I agree, COACH is so much fun! I think that's what being a handbag lover is all about. But I think all of us have been guilty of being a handbag snob to others. Like to the fakey fake lovers...hahaha.

But I know how it feels when you're the new person in other forums, don't know how to have yourself fit in. I want to get to know about the other designers, I love the designs! I want to one day have a piece from each. I just find that going to each forum as being a little overwhelming. I feel the most comfortable with COACH b/c I own some and I can relate the most to all of you. :yes:

Well said!!

I carry bag because I love the look, not because of the price tag or the designer. BUT, I do have a friend that won't carry any LV bags because she said the fakes are so good that she doesn't want someone thinking HER bag is just a fake one, too. She said if she's carrying something, it needs to be a sure thing that someone else knows how REAL it is! :yucky:

Amy

Aww you guys made me feel better!! And there are some purses out there by other designers that i would just ADORE having, and maybe one day I will, but right now i'm happy with what I have.

I just thought "if we all love purses, why be snooty about it??" I love seeing what people got because it's exciting, like bringing home a new pet or something. You get to live vicariously through them for a bit.

And now, i go back to deciding Ergo in natural or turquoise?? :balloon:

There are tons of ladies out there that would LOVE to own a Coach...I have people ooooo and aaaaahhh over my bags all the time. I don't feel my bags are substandard in any way. In fact I believe firmly that the majority of the ladies out there feel we are "snooty" when we are carrying our Coach...suffering from Coach envy that is....I definitely don't consider Coach cheap...

Yeah, look at how long I've been a member and my post count and you'll see how I feel about the other designers.

When I first signed up I don't believe there was a separate area for Coach lovers and there wasn't much love for my collection, D&B was practically hated! Coach was pretty much looked down on and although one day I'd like to expand to include LV, Prada and other higher end bags, my money and heart belonged to Coach, so I left tPF because I just couldn't relate or offer much.

Last month I found you guys who appreciate the bags I carry so I'm back. It's cool, when I can buy LV and others I'll venture out and I sometimes I go and lurk in the other forums, but I've found home in here.

OMG! This is all so true! I got that feeling when I was introduced to this forum. Coach was not my first target because I was looking for a specific bag in another forum. Never got a response. Up to this day, I am still waiting for comments. See, I don't have the bag and seems like I should not be a member if I am in that early stage. Did not feel welcome and started looking for possibilities, that is when i ran into this forum and I love it!!!!
Everyone is so nice and friendly. I will stay here 4 ever!!!

There are mean/rude/snide people in every subforum on tPF, but I think there are enough wonderful people to make up for it :heart:

And I do agree that the Coach forum seems to be very warm and open. I love Megs & Vlad for making it a possibility bc a few months ago we had nowhere to talk about Coach without hearing "ugh that's so childish blah blah."

Do you vets know if they plan on making a D&B subforum? I have a place where I can get them at a discount and put them on layaway, so my collection will be expanding shortly. It would be nice to have a place to discuss these too. :smile:

People like to feel special - I understand that. But I love handbags, and Coach has a special place in my heart as it was my first designer bags and I will buy more of them. But I also have purchased LV, Marc Jacobs, Dior, and Chanel - but I have to LOVE the bag. I haven't been to entranced with Coach the last two seasons, but I'm going to have to get an Ergo tote, it's fantastic! And the forum here is always lovely.

I have an older LV Petit Noe and I LOVE it, BUT...Coach is my ultimate favorite brand!
I used to obsess about the new LV styles, but honestly, I cannot afford LV brand new!
I like Coach better anyways!

We are all friendly here!:yes:

I think people should carry what they love, regardless of what it is or what other people think of it. I have lots of Coach, a big LV monogram tote, a MJ, I love Michael Kors stuff (especially the metallic stuff from a few years ago, my orange metallic MK is my favorite purse ever!), and I love my silly little $19.99 Rafe Target black patent 'leather' clutch. If you love nine west, kathy van zeeland, target, walmart, coach, lv, or if every bag absolutely has to be a $30,000 hermes birkin (I know that all hermes aren't that much, but there are plenty that are), wear what you love, what is not going to cost you so much that you lose your house, etc. Screw people that judge you for that! Wear what you love and can afford! (that's my new little motto I think!)

i wont post in LV because in my showcase there was a sarcastic remark about my speedy being "well loved" because the handles have patinaed...here in the coach forum i feel more welcomed and all my bags are appreciated for their beauty.

i love seeing everyone's new additions even if its just a charm, becuse its all beautiful.
psh! My Louis Vuitton is like 10 years old and is very very patinaed. I LOVE it that way, and I dare anyone to say boo to me about it! I get complimented on it in airports all over the place (I use it as a carry on)grrrrr......

and by the way, I think new LV monogram bags look fake! All of the fakes have those super light handles! The easiest way to tell if one is real is to see it all well loved and patinaed!