Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2017 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the colorblock?
Yes, and I see the grey is sold out. Tan is really nice too, great for blondes!

http://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/halog...earch-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=TAN COMBO

_100987974.jpg

if you want to try an alternative water bottle (perhaps while waiting to score the milky way), i recommend bkr. they are very cute, the water tastes great (they are glass), they don't break cause of the silicone sleeve, dishwasher safe, easy to remove lid, nice narrow opening so you won't dump water over yourself if you take a big swig while walking, etc., and they are at a special promo price for the AS too (i think they are normally $40 and during the sale they are 2 for $50 - find a friend and share a 2 pack!)
anyways, just my 2 cents!

Yes!! I love my bkr. I have a 1L and a couple of the 500ml bkrs. Their website is having a sample sale also FYI. I think it's 30% off certain colors.

I just ordered three tubes of Kiehls hand cream for pick up at the SF store. Going to stop by today on my lunch and return a few things and browse (not a cardholder)

Did anyone buy/try the Allsaints Mast tote or the Hunter boots? Also curious if anyone bought either of the two James Perse dresses.

I bought the James Perse Shirred Dress in Raisin. I'm 5'2 and wear a size 0-2 and bought the dress in a 1...fits perfect and is the same quality as the regular non sale dresses. Also bought his Brushed Fleece Long Jacket in black. That seems to run a tad big but not enough to size down. A little long but the cut is so good that it is a keeper for me!!!!

hi ladies,
i know everyone is obsessed with the Swell bottles (i was too until i tried one)... but be aware that if you are sensitive to water flavor, stainless steel does make the water taste different. it's slight but noticeable enough that i bought a $50 Swell (not on sale!) and used it once. it is now collecting dust (but looking pretty!) in my cabinet. also, a second warning if you are a wine drinker on picnics type of person (i mean, who isn't these days??? lol)... stainless steel WILL completely change the flavor of wine and make it taste like metal. i made this mistake with a very expensive wine and actually cried (yes, i cried over wine). it wouldn't have occurred to me mention it, except that Swell specifically advertises that their 25oz bottles will hold "an entire bottle of wine". do not use it for that purpose!!

if you want to try an alternative water bottle (perhaps while waiting to score the milky way), i recommend bkr. they are very cute, the water tastes great (they are glass), they don't break cause of the silicone sleeve, dishwasher safe, easy to remove lid, nice narrow opening so you won't dump water over yourself if you take a big swig while walking, etc., and they are at a special promo price for the AS too (i think they are normally $40 and during the sale they are 2 for $50 - find a friend and share a 2 pack!)

Yes, I'm so glad you mentioned this. Years ago when I started drinking more water I used plastic bottles, then moved on to metal ones found the taste changed slightly and now days that glass bottles are more readily available that's what I use. I have a very large bkr bottle and love it but I wanted a smaller one so I did order the set from the sale. Can't wait to get them.

Reactions: toujours*chic
Sadly when I ordered numerous of candles last year they were all melted and some of the tins were dented. Last year other ladies had complained of the same problem. So I ordered my candles on line but picked them up in person. No melting, no dents

I know! I should have done that too, but I was too lazy to drive out to Long Island to get them. Now, I'll definitely have to to exchange them. Every anniversary sale, there happens to be a heatwave!

So I ordered the Halogen Corbin slides in black and I love them! BUT... I'm having the hardest time walking in them. I've only worn them around the house and I keep slipping out... it's almost like I have to drag my feet or grip my toes to keep them on. My heel hits the end of the shoe, so I know I have the correct size. Anyone else, or is this user error? HA!
If you don't feel stable in them, I'd return the slides. I bought a pair of gold Tory Burch flat sandals, the ones everyone wears and loves, for a trip to Mexico. It was winter so I didn't wear them before the trip. When I wore them to our evening event I could hardly walk in them, they were so slippery. I literally had to hold on to hubby's arm. Crazy! I only wore them that one evening and returned them right away when we returned home. Point of my long story: even shoes that everyone else is wearing may not be right for you.

IMG_1500759290.586052.jpg

Halogen leather jacket just arrived! Would love some thought if I should keep or return. I love how thick and buttery the leather is, and the matte hardware. However, arms are long (can be altered), and the shoulder seems too wide for me (weird little puff if I move my arms around). The bottom of the jacket fits great but there seems to be a bit of extra room near the chest area. This is a small petite, should I try going for an xsmall petite or just return. I'm also not 100% sold on side zippers.

Edit: excuse messy room and dirty mirror!

Reactions: GeorginaLavender
hi ladies,
i know everyone is obsessed with the Swell bottles (i was too until i tried one)... but be aware that if you are sensitive to water flavor, stainless steel does make the water taste different. it's slight but noticeable enough that i bought a $50 Swell (not on sale!) and used it once. it is now collecting dust (but looking pretty!) in my cabinet. also, a second warning if you are a wine drinker on picnics type of person (i mean, who isn't these days??? lol)... stainless steel WILL completely change the flavor of wine and make it taste like metal. i made this mistake with a very expensive wine and actually cried (yes, i cried over wine). it wouldn't have occurred to me mention it, except that Swell specifically advertises that their 25oz bottles will hold "an entire bottle of wine". do not use it for that purpose!!

Thank you for this info!! So helpful!

hi ladies,

Just curious, what is bkr? I looked in their home section and didn't see anything like that. Unless perhaps they're sold out?

If you don't feel stable in them, I'd return the slides. I bought a pair of gold Tory Burch flat sandals, the ones everyone wears and loves, for a trip to Mexico. It was winter so I didn't wear them before the trip. When I wore them to our evening event I could hardly walk in them, they were so slippery. I literally had to hold on to hubby's arm. Crazy! I only wore them that one evening and returned them right away when we returned home. Point of my long story: even shoes that everyone else is wearing may not be right for you.

You are SO right... back they go. :sad: I was really in love with these, but if they are falling off my feet when I walk, that screams fashion victim! Thanks from one Minnesotan to another. ;) (I'm in Minneapolis!)

You are SO right... back they go. :sad: I was really in love with these, but if they are falling off my feet when I walk, that screams fashion victim! Thanks from one Minnesotan to another. ;) (I'm in Minneapolis!)
Actually I'm in WI but right on the border and spend a fair amount of time in the Twin Cities. Was just at the St. Paul farmer's market and then brunching at Saint Dinette this morning. :heart: Hi Neighbor! :wave:

Reactions: jkuehn
Status
Not open for further replies.