Nordies would NOT price match??!!

^can you give us some of the backstory?

So essentially what happened is that it (the boyfriend Burberry watch) stopped telling time. I called Burberry and they asked where I purchased it, and when I told them Nordstrom they recommended I bring it back there for either a new watch or if they didn't have it, to just have Nordstrom ship it to them to fix.

When I went to the San Francisco location, the girl asked for credit card information or my name to look up my account. I gave her all the information on hand and she said she couldn't find me in the system at ALL. I them remembered, I went through CC Fraud in between the time I bought the watch and the attempted return so I called the issuer for the old credit card number. This went back and forth FOUR times because the girl kept getting the number wrong.

After all that back and forth she said they don't have that particular watch in stock but they can send it to Burberry to be repaired. I didn't mind this but she said it would be $150. WHAT?!?! At this point, NO one told me this, Burberry or other wise. When I pointed out the price of the watch she basically just smiled and said "Yea...there's nothing we can do."

The boyfriend went back to the store later on and convinced them that losing a customer isn't a good idea and they agreed to ship it to Burberry for free.

They gave us a ticket and told us to call at the end of 2010 to see the status. (This whole ordeal happened in October).

When I called at the end of December, they had NO idea what I was talking about and couldn't even find the TICKET number of the repair. They promised to contact me back after talking to Burberry.

Beginning of Jan 2011 I received a call from Burberry asking for details on the watch and they said that they sent it back beginning of December, and that I should already have the watch.

WTF. No.

So, at this point, pissed, I call Nordstrom and they said they DON'T have the watch, Burberry is LYING and that just to make me happy will look at the shipping dock for my watch. 10 minutes later, they replied they don't have it and weren't notified by Burberry that it was even SENT.

I finally threatened a charge back from my credit card and to get an attorney and Burberry involved, when I just recently got a call from Corporate Nordstrom asking where to send the recently repaired Burberry watch.

W. T. F.

I once had a little issue trying to PM a pair of 7 jeans. 7FAMK was having 40% off everything. I had the email on my phone showed it to the SA (not my normal SA). She was like "no, I can't. that store isn't within our demographics". I said "say what?". She went on and on about some crap.

finally, I just asked for the store manager (yeah, I skipped right over the dept manager). She came down and approved it with no problem, then she pulled me aside and said "All of our associates don't know the pricematching policy".... Yeah, clearly!

So when in doubt, ask for the store manager and bring up the policy stated on nordstrom.com
Good for you! Taking note of this for the next 7 sale!!!