Non-kiss-offable lip color for my wedding day?

The gloss end isn't sticky, but it's a gloss and would come off on people when you kiss them. The lipstick end has a applicator, but it dries within a few seconds and then doesn't come off. If you don't put the gloss over it, it just won't look glossy.

MAC pro longwear - sometimes when washing my face at night I forget to use makeup remover to take it off and it is still on when I wake up. On the days leading up to your wedding, use burt's bee's every day to moisturize lips, then day of... Make sure your lips are clean, dry, and exfoliated before putting on the MAC and it shouldn't crumble.

MAC pro longwear - sometimes when washing my face at night I forget to use makeup remover to take it off and it is still on when I wake up. On the days leading up to your wedding, use burt's bee's every day to moisturize lips, then day of... Make sure your lips are clean, dry, and exfoliated before putting on the MAC and it shouldn't crumble.

I agree, good advice! bellafleur congratulations!

Senegence - best product in the world and I never use any kind of standard lipstick/gloss apart from this now. I am in the UK and can't even get it here, so have to order it from a wonderful woman in the US. It is the only thing that I have found is completely indelible - it is also light and non-drying. I put it on at 7 a.m. and have to remove it at 10 or 11 p.m. when I go to bed. Great 'bride' like colours too - I cannot recommend it highly enough!

Senegence - best product in the world and I never use any kind of standard lipstick/gloss apart from this now. I am in the UK and can't even get it here, so have to order it from a wonderful woman in the US. It is the only thing that I have found is completely indelible - it is also light and non-drying. I put it on at 7 a.m. and have to remove it at 10 or 11 p.m. when I go to bed. Great 'bride' like colours too - I cannot recommend it highly enough!

where can we buy this in the US?

Well ladies, I got married this past Saturday!:smile: And I was able to find a non-kiss-offable lip color and thought I would share my experience with you. I went to Sephora and made sure to find the manager who really knew what she was talking about. She told me that Sephora only carries two TRULY long wearing lip colors that won't rub off during things like kissing and eating. One is the Lorac Co-Stars Lip Stain, and the other is Laura Geller Lip Stay. Both are paint-on lip stains with a clear gloss on the other end. And both of them only come in 5 colors. 5 nasty colors!

Lorac: http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P181015&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=4144
Laura Geller: http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P161227&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5843

I tried them both on at the store, and she told me that if I didn't like the color to rub it off right away, or I would be stuck with it. I noticed that they didn't even rub off with a tissue, and that I had to use makeup remover after just applying them. None of the Lorac colors were even remotely good on me. They were all very matte and plasticky looking colors. The Laura Geller colors were mostly metallics in corals and reds. Do NOT be fooled by the pretty color representations on the Sephora website- you have to go into the store and try them on. Had I ordered online, the Lorac colors look beautiful, but in person they were really quite awful, in my opinion.

I ended up getting the Laura Geller in Pout, which was a sort of copper maroon metallic color. The price point was $14.50, and the Lorac is $19. The color I got was the only one out of both brands that I actually liked. The manager told me it would feel very odd on my lips, but that's the price you pay. Well, she was right! It felt sort of tingly, very dry, kind of like shellac... I kept using the clear gloss in attempt to moisturize, but that would rub off quickly. The color, however, was there aaaaaalll night.

If I had more time, I would have tested out a kiss before the wedding, but silly me didn't think of that:smile: Luckily, I wore it during the ceremony, and after "the kiss"... nothing!! No lip color on my brand new husband, thankfully! Of course we kissed several more times throughout the evening, and it never transferred, not even a bit.

All in all, I would recommend the Laura Geller lip stay for an event like a wedding, because it definitely stays put and does not transfer. However, I would never wear it for anything else, because it is not comfortable in the least. Which is probably why they only make a few colors, because no one in their right mind would wear this on a regular basis! But it definitely did the job I needed it to do. Also, it did come off when I washed my face with my regular Lancome foaming cleanser that night. So, there you have it!:smile: Thanks for all of your recommendations!

Congratulations!

Thank you also for sharing the lipstick info. I looked at them on Sephora and you were right. Colors looked good on line - nice to know that they should be looked at in person. Don't think I'd like the shellac feeling though.

Again Congrats!

Thank you!:smile::smile::smile:

Another thing I should mention- it felt like the color was rubbing off all night, because my lips felt so dry. But then I would go to the restroom, and it was all still there. I ended up applying both the stain and the clear gloss continuously just to keep some moisture on my lips, but I probably could have left it. It truly is an odd feeling. Another way to describe it would be when paint dries and cracks. That's seriously how it felt on my lips, but luckily it didn't look that way!

eek...it sounds like it does the job, but eek paint drying and cracking...ugh im a constant lip moisturizing person! do you have any pics to show the color on your lips?

I know, eek! But it did do the job, and that's what I wanted. I would have been mortified if I got lipstick all over my husband for the photos! I don't have the photos back yet, but I'll post one that shows the color when I do.

In the US, you can get it at www.BridalLipstick.com

ps - no dry feeling. The sealer gloss is a moisturizer.

Last edited: