Non-H Shoulder Strap Success

Great Job ! Would you care telling us where you sourced all materials from ?

Of course not! [emoji5]

I sourced everything in an area called sham shui po in Hong Kong. It’s literally just blocks and blocks of fabric and material suppliers/wholesalers who will sometimes have scrap fabric/material for sale. I’m in the garment industry and have a few suppliers in th area, so I just took some time to walk all the shops to find the right parts and materials. They are just tiny shops that specializes in all different things. Leather found in a leather supplier, buckle in a buckle supplier, and webbing at a store that specializes only in webbing. It also helps that my business card allows me to ask for “sample sizes” of things so i didn’t have to get too much extra.... (but don’t tell anyone else I did this for personal use [emoji28])

Hope this helps! [emoji5]

What's is the likelihood or possibility of Hermès ever having or making interchangeable straps for the Halzan 31? I feel it's unlikely, but a girl can always hope.

Hmmm... I don’t know if H would, but it seems like it would be fairly simple to have “extra” straps made for a Halzan because there isn’t hardware involved.

Reactions: Karma2018
I know non-H straps aren’t everybody’s thing, but if a strap is well made and attractive looking, I don’t care if it doesn’t have a brand name logo. I bought this strap on Etsy to match my vert Vertigo Evelyne PM and it also goes with my lettre H Kelly, too! It’s long enough to wear my Evelyne crossbody but on the Kelly, it’s more of a long(er) shoulder strap.

IMG_1541886112.708489.jpg
IMG_1541886135.208470.jpg

Since I started cutting off the H swivel snap clasps on my H straps, I ended up changing the original trigger hook hardware to a swivel snap clasp instead.

I know non-H straps aren’t everybody’s thing, but if a strap is well made and attractive looking, I don’t care if it doesn’t have a brand name logo. I bought this strap on Etsy to match my vert Vertigo Evelyne PM and it also goes with my lettre H Kelly, too! It’s long enough to wear my Evelyne crossbody but on the Kelly, it’s more of a long(er) shoulder strap.

View attachment 4248805
View attachment 4248808

Since I started cutting off the H swivel snap clasps on my H straps, I ended up changing the original trigger hook hardware to a swivel snap clasp instead.

This strap is beautiful! Great match on both bags and unique. Which Etsy vendor ?

View attachment 4248805
View attachment 4248808

This strap is gorgeous with both bags! Love it!

This strap is gorgeous with both bags! Love it!

View attachment 4248805
View attachment 4248808

It looks great. This strap is a copy of an Anya Hindmarch (I actually illustrated this one, there are other color ways, for L’Officiel magazine).

C71C5DDF-B910-48AC-A747-629CC199A563.jpeg ADB1E96C-EAE5-4AB3-9B6C-74776F780DF5.jpeg

View attachment 4248805
View attachment 4248808

The strap adds so much more to your Evelyn!! So lovely!

Reactions: andee