No paypal only cc, please help

dyyong

World Peace
O.G.
Jan 25, 2008
Hi, I am interested in an item from this particular seller, but problem is payment term is NO PAYPAL, CC only, according to seller feedback buyer are very satisfy with the Private Transaction, can any one advise chime in 2 cents? TIA!!

Are you asking if you should give your cc number, expiration date, and that little code thingy off the back of the card to a person that you don't know? I'm sure you know that that person can then charge anything back to your card. I would not do it.

I don't know but according to the ebay listing, seller will send invoice and pay via CC, that's all it stated, I send email to one of the buyer and got answer right away that her transaction were no problem.

there is a feature on paypal that you can send an invoice to someone and even if they don't have paypal they can still pay with their CC #
or maybe they have their own business and has their own cc processing that has lower fees than paypal?

i have a small little business and i have my own CC processing that I can do via my phone or online. it's not through paypal and it costs A LOT less than paypal would charge for transactions... i use it for when i do art and craft shows... but i never thought about having that has an option for online sales.
so maybe that's what they're doing?

yes, the seller mentioned in the listing they do have their own CC processing, I do sell randomly on ebay and aware of the paypal fees, just wonder what happen if it's SNAD or any risk? off course I still have CC dispute protection, just hate going thru it if that really happen.

I would not do this, not because of giving your cc # to a stranger, you do that all the time. But since 07 to have only a few f/b would say this account has probably been hijacked.

It is against eBay rules for a seller to not take PP

sorry I asnt clear about the seller information;
seller registered since 2007, have transaction since then as buyer, total transaction around 50, and start as a seller since beginning of 2009, not very frequent seller but apparently did sell high $$ item.

No. Sellers have several options when it comes to payment methods. One of the allowable payment methods on eBay CCs or debit cards processed through the seller's online merchant account. (For more info, go to the Help pages on the eBay website.)

Did you check the seller's feedback on toolhaus.org? Did you Google the ID? I would do a bit of research (for any seller) before making a decision. If the seller seems legit, I see no reason to skip the purchase just because of the seller's preferred payment option. Keep in mind that if you buy this item on eBay, the transaction would be covered by eBay Buyer Protection if it meets the requirements for it. (If you haven't, read the info about eBay Buyer Protection on the website.) And if something goes wrong and eBay fails to protect you, your CC company will.

ETA:
I'm assuming you're in the U.S. If you're not, you need to see what type of buyer protection eBay offers in your country/region.

it's probably safe... but if you don't feel comfortable with it then don't do it. unless they have a secure way to get your information - don't send your cc information through an email message or something like that.
and like you said..you will have your cc protection if something goes weird. and i would just keep a look-out on your statements for awhile afterwards.

yes I am in US

I think it's OK, but never came across seller who didn't accept PP 1st time even I had been buying for years :lol:
Seller is using their own CC processing which will be using regular ebay invoice system, otherwise I WILL NOT COMPLETE the transaction as it's different from their listing.
Thank you for chimming in ladies!! I will go for it!!