No more waiting list?

li11374

Aug 6, 2007
This is my first post on TPF, and I hope someon can help me out!

I've been reading this forum for years, and finally decided to take the plunge and place an order! However, when I went to the Hermes store in Chicago, the SA told me they no loner take names for the waiting list.

It's on a first come, first serve basis. You basically have to stop by whenever you can to check what they have available in the store. The SA won't know what they are getting in shipment. Is that true? Seems so random! Can someone help out or refer to a nice sales that can possibly call when the one I want is in?

Thanks!

Hi Li and :welcome2:

You can use the search feature at the top right of the page to find out lots of information that will help you on your quest.

Try these threads for a start and then perhaps a search on Chicago.

Good luck on your quest.

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/podium-vs-waiting-list-490845.html?highlight=list
http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/birkin-waiting-list-5686.html?highlight=list
http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/newbie-question-no-more-waiting-list-457708.html?highlight=list
http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/d...-birkins-need-good-429496.html?highlight=list

They got rid of the waiting list quite awhile go, and yes, it can be as simple as luck of the draw when you enter a store. Due to the world economy right now, my SAs are reporting though that sales are way down, and they're sitting on the shelf a lot longer.

The stores really haven't got a clue what will be coming in any shipment until they open the boxes, and Hermes has no set schedule so it's wait and see.

Good luck finding your bag!

My SA in Chicago is Craig. Sweetest man you'll ever meet. He also told me last year that there are no more waiting list at H in Chicago. It's been really easy for me to get birkins.

They got rid of the waiting list quite awhile go, and yes, it can be as simple as luck of the draw when you enter a store. Due to the world economy right now, my SAs are reporting though that sales are way down, and they're sitting on the shelf a lot longer.

The stores really haven't got a clue what will be coming in any shipment until they open the boxes, and Hermes has no set schedule so it's wait and see.

Good luck finding your bag!

Exactly what my SA in Rodeo Drive said to me :smile:

And SAs are not supposed to call clients anymore or hold bags that arrive in new shipments. I am not sure how stringent this rule is- I suspect VIPs will always have the inside track.

And SAs are not supposed to call clients anymore or hold bags that arrive in new shipments. I am not sure how stringent this rule is- I suspect VIPs will always have the inside track.
I´m confused, how will this work then if I have placed a PO, and my bag arrives but they won´t call me...seems strange. Regarding the "list", to my understanding there has never been a list in the first place anyway...SAs (managers) order the bags they see fit picking from the requests amongst their clients which I suppose could be seen as a "list".

I think POs are considered to be "earmarked" bags. You would still get a call to be offered "your" bag and if you declined, it would presumably be offered to someone else or put on the shelf.

I´m confused, how will this work then if I have placed a PO, and my bag arrives but they won´t call me...seems strange. Regarding the "list", to my understanding there has never been a list in the first place anyway...SAs (managers) order the bags they see fit picking from the requests amongst their clients which I suppose could be seen as a "list".

That's how (now) I would interprete "the list" also. :smile:

And sometimes they look at the options and say "oh, so-and-so would have ordered this if they knew it was possible" and treat it like a PO, like Mistikat described. So, no list, everything's available, but to riff on Orwell, all bags are available, but some are more available than others. I think by the time my store finishes off the POs, the SOs, and the "oh, I so know she'd want this if she knew about it"s, there's maybe 2-3 birkins a year available for walk-ins.

But no "list." sheesh.