no more beige chanel flaps being produced

I agree with the ploy concept. It all comes down to supply and demand. Look at the chaos that was created, and still exists, over a great red flap. Beige will be the new obsolete red that everyone will want and can't get. Chanel is VERY SMART. Damn them!!! We panic, and they say CHA-CHING!! Maybe they have overstock of beige, and is this is the plot to sell out the beige bags that someone does not yet have in their collection. Cynical much? LOL

I don't think this is right. I was at the cruise show yesterday, and when I asked about flap colors, the Chanel rep said beige and my SA had her confirm that. So maybe the boutiques are not doing beige but NM is.

Beige is a sort of their classic color so I suppose if this is true, they would bring it back. Beige has been around for eons so I don't think they will completely cut this color off.

ITA They have many shoes in this beige color to. Why are they discontinuing a beige color flap that matches the shoes so well with the shoes. I think the beige of cruise is different. They might stop production of the beige for a short while, but I doubt that it's going to be premanently discontinued.

Well, fleur just posted up lovely pictures of her new light beige GST. I highly, highly doubt that they will forever discontinue beige flaps. Beige is one of their classic, staple colors.

I thought the old beige will be replaced by the new light beige? Cause my SA in melbourne did say that the new light beige will be part of the timeless classic... I took it to mean that it will replace the old beige :shrugs:

I thought the old beige will be replaced by the new light beige? Cause my SA in melbourne did say that the new light beige will be part of the timeless classic... I took it to mean that it will replace the old beige :shrugs:

Hmm. Well that is a comfort. :tup: I think I may actually like the new lighter beige better than the old because it has fewer mustard tones and more peach in it, judging by the pics.