No more authenticity cards?

Hi, guys! I bought a new cch in September but my SA didn’t mention anything about registering it with Chanel et moi. Should I reach out? I know some SA have said you don’t have to register but I’d like to make sure I’m not missing anything. TIA :smile:

Hey I'm in the same position - did you end up registering with Chanel et moi / is it necessary?

The Waikiki boutique mentioned to me that the plate is really just a decorative plate with unique serial number. It doesn’t scan. What’s scannable is the RFID code on the price tag. Based on what I read in other places, that tag gets scanned along the supply chain so there’s a history of where the bag is from manufacture to the actual back room of a retail store. I imagine it also gets scanned when the bag moves from one store to another. But that’s the only thing scannable. The serial number on the plate is registered to a customer profile but you can’t wave a scanner over it to pull up the information. The SA would have to look up the code on the bag.

Do you prefer chanel microchip or authenticity card + holo sticker?

I heard from SA that they are able to check the authenticity of the microchip chanel in the boutique.... So is this true?

Yeah sadly even with price increases it’s just a piece of metal with a number.

for me personally I miss the old cards and holograms. Somehow it felt more special but moreso I think the new set up is ugly and takes too much space in my bag. If it was flat I wouldn’t be that mad but it occasionally catches and without any technology, it feels useless and irritating. That said it does sound like it will make it harder to replicate / easier to authenticate for now

Yeah sadly even with price increases it’s just a piece of metal with a number.

for me personally I miss the old cards and holograms. Somehow it felt more special but moreso I think the new set up is ugly and takes too much space in my bag. If it was flat I wouldn’t be that mad but it occasionally catches and without any technology, it feels useless and irritating. That said it does sound like it will make it harder to replicate / easier to authenticate for now

not trying to scare you. I was about to buy a BNIB fr reseller and i chance upon info of a superfake that has the microchip.

This is very interesting! I am buying from a personal shopper and planning to bring the bag to the local boutique to scan it as well. (or to look it up in the system somehow). Was so curious if anyone on this group had done this before and came across your post. Hmm.... I hope my experience will not be too bad, given I have bought several items with this SA from the boutique.
Totally interested in what happens!

not trying to scare you. I was about to buy a BNIB fr reseller and i chance upon info of a superfake that has the microchip.
They already made the duplicate?! i read previous posts that even the metal plate is not able to scan. Why on earth they have to attach a metal plate there if in the end they just need the code? I can't see any difference then with the sticker and authenticity card aside from a more centralized system

I also don't get some views that it would be harder to resell? If the microchip serves its function as 'hard to cheat' authentication tool then it'd be great since lesser risk of counterfeit, doesn't it? I've never heard that when you buy preloved bag, you'd request the seller personal ID to match with the name in the invoice that's just unreasonable and unheard of

Still want to know more info of the microchip, what kind of technology they use and how to scan/use it?

Could the microchip be brought to the boutique and getting scanned? And by scan, i mean the metal plate not just inputting the code to the system. I think that's what the metal microchip plate should serve
It is not a microchip. It is simply a metal plate with a number on it. They can't scan it. They told me that there were several issues with the authenticity cards: lost by clients and sometimes exchanged (not on purpose) by stuff when they presented multiple bags.

It is not a microchip. It is simply a metal plate with a number on it. They can't scan it. They told me that there were several issues with the authenticity cards: lost by clients and sometimes exchanged (not on purpose) by stuff when they presented multiple bags.
Unbelievable, but just 1 page back, i've read someone's post. When she bought the bag from reseller (Fashionpile), the SA said the plate is just a metal, could not be scanned BUT guess when she bought directly from the boutique , the SA said she could scan it

Now has anyone tried to scan it?