No Christmas packaging in boutique

So I phone ordered a Deauville with my Vegas SA (Encore) she located the color I wanted on the East Coast. When it arrived, it did have the holiday ribbon, but no camellia. I let it go.

The next day, I placed a phone order with the same Vegas SA for 2 brooches, she sent them out directly from her boutique, so she's the one who wrapped them. Again, holiday ribbon on both but no camellias.
So I sent her a text and asked why the camellias were missing on all of my orders, and that I collect the holiday packaging each year, so I was disappointed to see the camellias missing on all 3 orders!
Mind you, I've been working with this SA for over 5 years!
Listen to this, she told me that Camellias did NOT go on the boxes, they were ONLY placed on bags when you made in store purchases! Can you believe it? As if I haven't placed dozens of phone orders over the years & received many dozens of camellias on my BOXES! I Couldn't believe what I was reading. So I challenged her and told her that wasn't true and that Camellias have ALWAYS been placed on the boxes, whether in store or shipped out. So she backed down & tried to tell me that this was Chanel's rules for THIS holiday only. LOL! I challenged her again and showed her photos from Instagram where people had received chanel items by mail and had the holiday Camellias. She finally said she would send me a few, after bickering with me & getting defensive over a camellia that costs her not a penny.

At that point, I was so annoyed about being lied to & treated so poorly over a $1 flower, after spending thousands over the course of 2 days & being LOYAL to her, that I just said OK & stopped talking to her. I'm honestly done working with this specific SA she was so petty and made me feel like I was begging for something that is the LEAST she could do to make my shopping experience pleasant.

Sorry for the long rant, I just thought I would share my experience with the holiday packaging. :smile:

So I phone ordered a Deauville with my Vegas SA (Encore) she located the color I wanted on the East Coast. When it arrived, it did have the holiday ribbon, but no camellia. I let it go.

The next day, I placed a phone order with the same Vegas SA for 2 brooches, she sent them out directly from her boutique, so she's the one who wrapped them. Again, holiday ribbon on both but no camellias.
So I sent her a text and asked why the camellias were missing on all of my orders, and that I collect the holiday packaging each year, so I was disappointed to see the camellias missing on all 3 orders!
Listen to this, she told me that Camellias did NOT go on the boxes, they were ONLY placed on bags when you made in store purchases! Can you believe it? As if I haven't placed dozens of phone orders over the years & received many dozens of camellias on my BOXES! I Couldn't believe what I was reading. So I challenged her and told her that wasn't true and that Camellias have ALWAYS been placed on the boxes, whether in store or shipped out. So she backed down & tried to tell me that this was Chanel's rules for THIS holiday only. LOL! I challenged her again and showed her photos from Instagram where people had received chanel items by mail and had the holiday Camellias. She finally said she would send me a few, after bickering with me & getting defensive over a camellia that costs her not a penny.

At that point, I was so annoyed about being lied to & treated so poorly over a $1 flower, after spending thousands over the course of 2 days & being LOYAL to her, that I just said OK & stopped talking to her. I'm honestly done working with this specific SA she was so petty and made me feel like I was begging for something that is the LEAST she could do to make my shopping experience pleasant.

Sorry for the long rant, I just thought I would share my experience with the holiday packaging. :smile:
Wow what is going on that is so strange! What are they holding and selling these on the evil bay this year or something? To hear that this is not a granger but an SA that you work with makes this even more incomprehensible :no: that sound horrible and hope you find a new SA who makes your shopping experience pleasant again :hugs:

Good Morning dear Bentley1,
I am really sorry that you were treated by your SA in such a ridiculous manner. I love your rants and did not find that you were ranting at all. To be quite honest I find it refreshing to hear that such SA's are more common than not. I am proud of you for walking away from your SA. Congrats lovely. I too am walking away from Chanel because of SA's such as the one you've described, the brand is iconic but they also have many SA's who are simply thinking about their commission and not the loyalty of their clients. Hope you are feeling much better and sending you a virtual hug. Take care hun and may you have a wonderful rest of your day.:hugs::love:

Oh I forgot to mention that I also asked the SA who I purchased my dark red mini from during the 18c presale if she would kindly send me a white classic dust bag for my mini along with my purchase of the cc broach and she said "they don't give those out, and she does not have any at all". To make matters worse she told me over the weekend that she had no idea what was going to be on sale with regards to the Chanel shoe sale and would text me on Monday. I reached out to her on Tuesday and asked if she had any shoes available and she stated they were all sold out not even asking my size. In any case she sent pics of shoes two nights ago to a lovely tpf member who posted them with my sizes included. I mentioned to the member what happened and this lunatic send me those pics the next morning not even addressing me or acknowledging that she lied to me to begin with. I am sorry for hijacking your post hun. :hbeat:

Reactions: Bibi25260
Good Morning dear Bentley1,
I am really sorry that you were treated by your SA in such a ridiculous manner. I love your rants and did not find that you were ranting at all. To be quite honest I find it refreshing to hear that such SA's are more common than not. I am proud of you for walking away from your SA. Congrats lovely. I too am walking away from Chanel because of SA's such as the one you've described, the brand is iconic but they also have many SA's who are simply thinking about their commission and not the loyalty of their clients. Hope you are feeling much better and sending you a virtual hug. Take care hun and may you have a wonderful rest of your day.:hugs::love:

Oh I forgot to mention that I also asked the SA who I purchased my dark red mini from during the 18c presale if she would kindly send me a white classic dust bag for my mini along with my purchase of the cc broach and she said "they don't give those out, and she does not have any at all". To make matters worse she told me over the weekend that she had no idea what was going to be on sale with regards to the Chanel shoe sale and would text me on Monday. I reached out to her on Tuesday and asked if she had any shoes available and she stated they were all sold out not even asking my size. In any case she sent pics of shoes two nights ago to a lovely tpf member who posted them with my sizes included. I mentioned to the member what happened and this lunatic send me those pics the next morning not even addressing me or acknowledging that she lied to me to begin with. I am sorry for hijacking your post hun. :hbeat:
Uugghhh....

I got my first mini last September and also didn't receive a white dustbag, didn't know they existed for the mini. I got the plain black one....

Reactions: fally
Uugghhh....

I got my first mini last September and also didn't receive a white dustbag, didn't know they existed for the mini. I got the plain black one....
Hello my lovely Bibi25260, I too have started asking for the white classic dust bag my friend. I have been receiving the standard size bags by asking for it over the past two seasons. I never asked prior to that but 2 of the 4 SA's sent them to me while one bickered about it and reluctantly sent it out. The final one who refuse was the one I purchased my dark red mini from. I was concerned that the black dust bag would transfer onto my bag when it's being stored. I also find that the white dust bags tend add to the luster of the caviar when stored in them over the years. My 4 year old lambskin mini is stored in one and it looks new to date.

Maybe you could ask the SA who assisted you if it is possible to get one my friend?

Reactions: Bibi25260
Love my SA and boutique. I bought a sale item yesterday. However a few weeks ago when I was visiting they had the Christmas wrappings already and although I wasnt shopping/didn’t buy anything, she put some velvet camellias in a little shopping bag for me and then another SA started rolling out the blue ribbons into that bag and go “tell me when....” :P
Gotta love them :yahoo:
I am totally tying the blue velvet ribbon (and maybe the camellia in the center too) under the collar of a crisp white shirt one day when I feel like it, might tie them around ankles of my combat boots, hair ribbon would be nice too (velvet in such a rich deep color can be very very fun to use!).. so many ways to play with these!

I purchased a pair of cruise shoes a few weeks before the holiday packaging came in but made it clear if he was not willing to send me some when it did I would buy the shoes from an SA who would. He delivered as promised but had to get two managers' approval to do so. Seems a little extreme for ribbon and camellias but thankful he went trough the trouble and followed through.

Hello my lovely Bibi25260, I too have started asking for the white classic dust bag my friend. I have been receiving the standard size bags by asking for it over the past two seasons. I never asked prior to that but 2 of the 4 SA's sent them to me while one bickered about it and reluctantly sent it out. The final one who refuse was the one I purchased my dark red mini from. I was concerned that the black dust bag would transfer onto my bag when it's being stored. I also find that the white dust bags tend add to the luster of the caviar when stored in them over the years. My 4 year old lambskin mini is stored in one and it looks new to date.

Maybe you could ask the SA who assisted you if it is possible to get one my friend?
My mini is black so no color transfer possibility.
Ok thanks for the tip I will ask.

I didnt know that they had white dust bags[emoji848]. I need one for my white Boy. Thanks for the tip fally!

I hope everyone gets their velvet camelias. Its ridiculous that you would even have to ask for it with some SA[emoji19]

Reactions: fally and Vanana
I didnt know that they had white dust bags[emoji848]. I need one for my white Boy. Thanks for the tip fally!

I hope everyone gets their velvet camelias. Its ridiculous that you would even have to ask for it with some SA[emoji19]
Hello dear Marlie:heart::flowers:, oh anytime hun. I find that I was too timid and would not ask for fear of the SA shutting me down but to be honest most SA's will give one when you are making your purchase. I asked this lovely SA who I just met during 18c and she was so nice to send me extra 4 camellias and two white classic dust bags for each of the minis I purchased. But the SA that I had been loyal to and had been purchasing from for years actually did not want to give me one even though I had purchased so much from her. I guilt tripped her into sending me one by saying "I have the worst luck with SA's not wanting to include felt or a white dust bag whenever I purchase a mini":giggle: She finally relented and send it out with my boy card holder that I purchased from her during 17B.:tup:

Reactions: luv4bags and MarLie
Hello dear Marlie:heart::flowers:, oh anytime hun. I find that I was too timid and would not ask for fear of the SA shutting me down but to be honest most SA's will give one when you are making your purchase. I asked this lovely SA who I just met during 18c and she was so nice to send me extra 4 camellias and two white classic dust bags for each of the minis I purchased. But the SA that I had been loyal to and had been purchasing from for years actually did not want to give me one even though I had purchased so much from her. I guilt tripped her into sending me one by saying "I have the worst luck with SA's not wanting to include felt or a white dust bag whenever I purchase a mini":giggle: She finally relented and send it out with my boy card holder that I purchased from her during 17B.:tup:

I like the idea that you guilt tripped her[emoji38][emoji106]

FYI...I called Chanel customer service...the rep sounded very surprised that boutiques still didn't have the xmas packaging...she thought it was rolled out on Nov 28 offered to contact the boutique in question. So 24 hours after that call I get a message saying I can come pick up the velvet camellia. When I went to the boutique, the first SA I saw told me they were not going to get any xmas packaging this year. I said that sounds strange and I got a message to come get the packaging. Then she says...I have a camellia...its just a velvet camellia and brings me one camellia.

The whole situation seems shady to me...I don't know if certain boutiques are getting preferential treatment ( eg. Vegas, LA, etc) OR certain customers are getting preferential treatment or if certain boutique staff are being less than genuine.

At this point its much more a matter of principle for me than even getting the packaging. Part of me wants to let it go and another part wants to write/call Chanel corporate just so they are aware. I do encourage others to call the customer svc number if the boutique is being wierd about this. This is completely unnecessary drama that Chanel has created. Chanel shoul make enough to distribute them to ALL customers at ALL boutiques or just stick with the regular packaging.