Travel Nice Bag for Hong Kong & Bali Trip? Advice Please

Hello,
I'm traveling to Hong Kong and Bali in December/January. It's apparently the rainy season. I'm trying to figure out which bag I should bring. There are 3 types of bags I need, but I don't want to bring too many bags with me:

1) designer bag that can transition from day to night - We are staying in 5 star hotels, so I want to have something appropriate that can transition from a day time bag to an evening bag for nice dinners and such.
2) a bag that I don't have to baby, in case it rains or I'm stuck in crowded/dirty places. Also something easy to carry.
3) something big enough for beach days.

My thoughts:
-Bring my small kipling backpack as my everyday/beater bag and then a designer bag on the days I'm in nicer places/having nice dinners, plus a foldable tote for the beach
-Bring a stylish backpack that is both my luxury bag+beater bag, for example my coach backpack + a foldable bag for the beach
-open to suggestions

Also for my nicer bag, what's a nice "designer" bag that I don't have to baby? I am leaning away from LV because I don't want something obvious that it's luxury/designer

TIA!

Do you have choices for the nice designer bag you don't have to baby already? Or are you looking to purchase something to bring on the trip?

Also, just wondering why you don't want something obviously luxury/designer? Hong Kong is ridiculously branded, you wouldn't stand out in a touristy way.

For something you don't have to baby / for inclement weather, what about something in coated canvas? Maybe a nice crossbody like the LV Pochette Metis? Or a speedy B?
If you own any Coach signature jacquard, those are also weather treated.

Hello,
I'm traveling to Hong Kong and Bali in December/January. It's apparently the rainy season. I'm trying to figure out which bag I should bring. There are 3 types of bags I need, but I don't want to bring too many bags with me:

1) designer bag that can transition from day to night - We are staying in 5 star hotels, so I want to have something appropriate that can transition from a day time bag to an evening bag for nice dinners and such.
2) a bag that I don't have to baby, in case it rains or I'm stuck in crowded/dirty places. Also something easy to carry.
3) something big enough for beach days.

My thoughts:
-Bring my small kipling backpack as my everyday/beater bag and then a designer bag on the days I'm in nicer places/having nice dinners, plus a foldable tote for the beach
-Bring a stylish backpack that is both my luxury bag+beater bag, for example my coach backpack + a foldable bag for the beach
-open to suggestions

Also for my nicer bag, what's a nice "designer" bag that I don't have to baby? I am leaning away from LV because I don't want something obvious that it's luxury/designer

TIA!
Agreeing with @Miraku about the crossbody bag. Do you have any small crossbody bag? Like Celine trio?
I actually recommend option 1, since you will also be going to Bali. Assuming you'll also be exploring town (not just staying at the resort) having a reliable backpack is a must.
Or you can ditch the backpack (use it as your carry on or something) then use your crossbody bag as the day bag. Put your foldable tote as shopping bag and your beach bag.
About the weather, you can opt to bring a raincoat instead of an umbrella and you're set

Reactions: ladypepperell
Thanks Ladies! The reason why I hesitate with something obvious like LV is because I'll be in very crowded, touristy places in Bali, such as the local markets, and I don't want to draw attention to myself. I'm thinking Coach canvas might be a better option than LV?

I do have some bags in my collection that I'm thinking of bringing:
Any suggestions on the bag/combo of bags to bringAsiabag1.jpg Asiabag7.gif Asiabag6.jpg Asiabag5.jpg Asiabag4.jpg Asiabag3.jpg Asiabag2.jpg ?

Are you planning on putting valuables into a backpack? If so you need something really secure in case of pickpockets.

So I'd say definitely no to the RM backpack. The last pic might be a good option.

I like crossbody bags when travelling as I feel I can keep a better eye on things.

I personally steer away from anything obviously branded (like LV) when travelling. If I do take something, it would be like a clutch that I can use for dinner. That's just me though!

Reactions: ladypepperell
Are you planning on putting valuables into a backpack? If so you need something really secure in case of pickpockets.

So I'd say definitely no to the RM backpack. The last pic might be a good option.

I like crossbody bags when travelling as I feel I can keep a better eye on things.

I personally steer away from anything obviously branded (like LV) when travelling. If I do take something, it would be like a clutch that I can use for dinner. That's just me though!

I plan in putting a camera, money and at times, my passport in my backpack. The RM has a zipper in the back of the bag, but I agree, the front zipper is so easy to get to.
Would a leather backpack/bag be a good option? Or not so good in case of rain? I like the idea of leather backpack so that it combines something fancy (??) and everyday.

I plan in putting a camera, money and at times, my passport in my backpack. The RM has a zipper in the back of the bag, but I agree, the front zipper is so easy to get to.
Would a leather backpack/bag be a good option? Or not so good in case of rain? I like the idea of leather backpack so that it combines something fancy (??) and everyday.

I wear my leather backpack all the time in the rain and it's fine (black). So I wouldn't worry about that.

I'd be really cautious about using a backpack in parts of Bali. Unless you can hook a little padlock onto the bag to keep it locked shut.

Crossbody is definitely the way too go!