NF DE or Mono??

KCeboKing

Feb 5, 2013
Hello! I am hoping to get a NF on Tuesday...unless something else catches my eye .

I want DE for the carefree aspect, and I live in Minnesota. So...unpredictable weather. I am just a little nervous because I hear the treated leather has so many issues and cracking on the canvas. I also don’t want to have to worry about everything with the vachetta on the mono.... the struggle is real. [emoji2]

Who has had both? Which would you suggest? Help!! Thanks!

I have both. The only con for me is DE straps are stiff and can be bothersome on the shoulder after a while especially if packed too heavy. I haven't experienced any cracking or peeling but it's the GM and only used for travel. I'm not sure how the MM de feels while on the shoulder. I had two mm monogram but just gave one to my daughter after getting an upgrade with red interior. The mono has been a perfect sized tote and I simply let it get some sun for patina-did the Patina Champ (TPF) wipe down and sprayed it with waterproofing spray and kept it moving. Some think it's a horrible but hey no water spots and it didn't dry out the leather. My money, my choice. I love both prints and the DE still looks brand new and the mono I gave my daughter had a beautiful spot free patina. One really doesn't outweigh the other IMO. It's a personal choice. Which print grabs your eye.

Reactions: staceyjan and onlyk
I have both. The only con for me is DE straps are stiff and can be bothersome on the shoulder after a while especially if packed too heavy. I haven't experienced any cracking or peeling but it's the GM and only used for travel. I'm not sure how the MM de feels while on the shoulder. I had two mm monogram but just gave one to my daughter after getting an upgrade with red interior. The mono has been a perfect sized tote and I simply let it get some sun for patina-did the Patina Champ (TPF) wipe down and sprayed it with waterproofing spray and kept it moving. Some think it's a horrible but hey no water spots and it didn't dry out the leather. My money, my choice. I love both prints and the DE still looks brand new and the mono I gave my daughter had a beautiful spot free patina. One really doesn't outweigh the other IMO. It's a personal choice. Which print grabs your eye.

Thank you!! I have the Totally in DE, and notice the straps can hurt my shoulders if I’m wearing a tank or something. But I like the look of the DE. i do like the Mono with the dark pink interior, too. I am thinking I will need to try both on. And I am not sure if I want GM or MM. I really like large bags, so right now thinking GM...it will be an everyday bag. True. I e read about the water proofing spray so I could do it it I went that route. Ah. Decisions decisions. Lol

I had DE but experienced the cracking issues so exchanged it for the mon monogram which I love. I'm in Chicago so I know DE would be great for you. I think in the Grand sceme of the DE NF sales, those who experience issues are in the monitory. It seems like a big issue here because we are a small population of purchasers and we express all of our issues with bags. If you want to try the DE, I think you should. If you experience a defect LV should give you an exchange or credit. But I like the suggestion of the Epi, too!

I had DE but experienced the cracking issues so exchanged it for the mon monogram which I love. I'm in Chicago so I know DE would be great for you. I think in the Grand sceme of the DE NF sales, those who experience issues are in the monitory. It seems like a big issue here because we are a small population of purchasers and we express all of our issues with bags. If you want to try the DE, I think you should. If you experience a defect LV should give you an exchange or credit. But I like the suggestion of the Epi, too!

I was also thinking the same...maybe it is the minority. I do like the look of the DE, and the carefreeness of it. I feel like whenever I do see NF out in the wild it is not as often to see the DE print also. True. From what I’ve read they have good customer service and would take care of it for me. I do like the black and pink epi one, but that’s out of the budget at this time. Maybe down the road...because we all know this won’t be my last LV. ‍♀️

I have both a DE and Mono Neverful MM. The DE is a few years old, and truthfully, the leather trim has a small scuff in one place and it looks a bit wrinkled in one or two others if you really inspect it closely. To be honest, I use it a lot. It's really held the shape, the canvas looks great and overall it looks fairly new. The small amount of wear and tear on the DE is minuscule in relation to how much I've used this bag. I cinch it all the time because I prefer that look, but also wear it un-cinched when need be. (Sometimes I'll throw a smaller LV in my Neverful if I'm going out to a business lunch or out to dinner after work so I don't have to carry such a large bag into a restaurant.) There are no issues with the canvas cracking despite the cinching/un-cinching, and I haven't had any problems with the handles being too stiff. I liked the DE so much, I purchased an MM in mono because I find a Neverful so practical at times. Unfortunately I purchased it this winter, and it's barely made it out of the dust bag given all of the horrendous weather we've had in New England. Bottomline: I love them both but the DE is pretty indestructible in bad weather. I would start with the DE as long as you think that the straps won't be too stiff for you. Either way- they are both great bags.