Next purchase ~ Speedy B or Portobello?? Please help!

YOGAGIRL70

O.G.
Sep 28, 2012
I know that I am comparing apples to oranges, but am contemplating my next purchase and am really torn between the Speedy B and the Portobello. I would love to get some opinions from those of you who own either (or both)!

I sold my vintage Speedy a few months ago, which was my very first LV. It did not have any sentimental value so I don't regret selling it, as I had not used it in a few years. REALLY love the options for shoulder or cross body wear on the Speedy B and the trim! The 25 or 30 works great cross body on me.

I love a good shoulder bag, (especially hobo styles) and don't own any DE. The Port is really beautiful (tried it on last week). Love the style and the feel of the canvas.... it really wanted to go home with me! :smile: I was excited to see that the GM did not look too big, as I love big bags but cannot always pull them off (I am less than 110 lbs).

My current collection includes a NF MM, Sully MM, Insolite cp, 2 wallets (Insolite and Zippy), Eva, mini Pouchette, Tapage bag charm and LE key holder. ALL pieces are in mono canvas.

What's a girl to do? Thanks in advance for your help!! **Although I would love to get both, I have to space out my purchases. **

I suggest you get the speedy b in de. Since you already have a shoulder bag like the neverfull, & sully, which is a hobo style like the portobello, I guess you have to have the speedy B first for variation. Then get the portobello next! *wink* :smile:

Last edited:
For me my next purchase is portobello, bec I already have the speedy b.As much as I love the portobello, speedy b is classic bag and its versatility is amazing.You can have it crossbody, shoulder,arm and handheld.You can't do that w/ portobello but then again of course its depends on your preference.Both bags are gorgeous.

Try both in a shop, and choose which you love more.
I tried a Portobello , but it wasn't comfy for me, I prefer longer strap. But it looks gorgeous.
I own a Speedy B , and I' m in LVOE with it.

I have the speedy b 30 and while I'm very happy to have the option to shoulder carry I rarely do because it isn't comfortable and the bag looks weird when I do. I usually only carry it this way when I have full hands or I'm out shopping and get tired of carrying it on my arm.

I got the portobello for Christmas and wanted to love it but it wasn't for me. Had the top not had the zipper I would have kept it in a heartbeat but for me it got in the way since I never zip my bags and it doesn't open all the way because of the zipper.

Out of the two, if the portobello works for you I'd say get that one hands down!! It's gorgeous!!

I have the speedy b 30 and while I'm very happy to have the option to shoulder carry I rarely do because it isn't comfortable and the bag looks weird when I do. I usually only carry it this way when I have full hands or I'm out shopping and get tired of carrying it on my arm.

I got the portobello for Christmas and wanted to love it but it wasn't for me. Had the top not had the zipper I would have kept it in a heartbeat but for me it got in the way since I never zip my bags and it doesn't open all the way because of the zipper.

Out of the two, if the portobello works for you I'd say get that one hands down!! It's gorgeous!!

When I first got the Portobello it did not open all the way because of the zipper as well. My SA put some wax on the zipper and it works fine now.