Next LV bag?

tke06

Aug 7, 2014
TPFers, I'm stuck and would love to hear some opinions. I have the funds for one more bag this year, not accounting for the "OMG, that price is too great I must buy this" piece. So, I could either go the boutique route or the pre-loved route. I'm open to both, and have done both so I know what to expect.

Here's what I'm considering: I am completely head over heels in love with the Metis hobo bag. I am also thinking (more practically) about the Sully MM. I love the DE print, as well, so of course the Portobello GM is also sort of on the table. I have handbags in both DE and mono (no Azur as of yet). I would love an Azur piece, but totally not sure which one because of the potential color transfer I would need to stick with a shoulder bag that doesn't have much of a drop, ie the Artsy or the Galliera, or something along those lines.

Realistically, I'd like to keep my thoughts focused on primarily the Metis hobo or the Sully MM. Can anyone out there give me some suggestions or things to think about that I may not have thought of yet?

MUCH obliged :smile:

Kindest regards,
tke06

I think the Metis hoho is a great bag. I have no cons on this bag. I thing its a great hobo with the lining being so soft and different carrying options. I love this bag. I think its a great choice.

I think the Metis hoho is a great bag. I have no cons on this bag. I thing its a great hobo with the lining being so soft and different carrying options. I love this bag. I think its a great choice.
I am in love with the Metis, but would I maybe be missing out on the Sully or the Port? Or, even the Delightful? Those are very popular bags. I have a Speedy 30 B in DE, a Tivoli GM, an Artsy MM mono, A Neverfull MM in DE. I don't really go in for handhelds, although I wish I did sometimes ;).

If you were going to choose between the Sully MM and the Portobello GM, which one would you choose and why?

Thanks so much for replying!

I am in love with the Metis, but would I maybe be missing out on the Sully or the Port? Or, even the Delightful? Those are very popular bags. I have a Speedy 30 B in DE, a Tivoli GM, an Artsy MM mono, A Neverfull MM in DE. I don't really go in for handhelds, although I wish I did sometimes ;).

If you were going to choose between the Sully MM and the Portobello GM, which one would you choose and why?

Well I personally wouldn't recommend the Portobello GM because of all the cracking issues. I just sold my PM because I couldn't enjoy carrying her because I was so worried it was gonna crack every time I took her out. There haven't been a lot of issues with the PM but there have been A LOT with the GM. I don't think I've heard of many issues with the Sully but then again I don't hang out in that clubhouse.

I will add that the Portobello is a comfortable bag once it's worn in and gotten soft and squishy. Some don't find the handle comfortable but I did.

Thanks, everyone! I think it's down to the Metis or the Sully MM. Both are mono, both have some Vachetta. Sully has a zipper, Metis has the exchangeable strap. I honestly don't think I've ever seen a Sully IRL. I have, however, seen a Metis hobo IRL once. I actually stopped the woman and asked her how she likes it. We were standing right outside the LV boutique, so it was kind of funny. She said that it was her absolute favorite bag. She said that she's bought bags since but that it's the one she reaches for every time. It's hard to argue with a testimony like that.

Métis Hobo gets my vote. Love it, but opted for the Pochette Métis for now due to some aches and pains and wanted a smaller, lighter weight bag. But, every time I try her on I just love it!!! They do seem to have quite a few that come in on Fashionphile as preloved, and you could save a little. Love all of the Métis qualities. Good luck deciding.

Well that's a hard one. I had the sully mm but didn't keep it because the slouch bothered me, I also had a portobello but in the pm and I really liked that bag alot but it was a tiny bit to small for me and I worried so much about the cracking issue that I sold it. I do miss the portobello tho. I sometimes wanna buy it back. Sorry if I wasn't much help. Have fun deciding.

I had the portobello Gm and it cracked. It was a great bag but the design defect would stop me from recommending this bag. I have the métis and it is probably my favorite bag. Love the different handle options, little vachetta, super soft interior, and good size bag. I've never checked out the sully because it had just never caught my eye. The métis just has something special about it. GL deciding!